E32016 - Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Talk about anything game related!

E32016 - Zelda: Breath of the Wild

by dimumurray » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

Check out the live in-game preview! It looks exquisite!
User

Re: E32016 - Zelda: Breath of the Wild

by Juice Box » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Off-topic I am sorry but Christina Grimmie loved Zelda ;-;

Why did you do this ;-;
User

by Mushmellow » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:26 am

OMFG! Can't wait for this game to come out!
User

by Manijure » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:39 pm

I don't have a Wii U, nor do I plan on getting it or the upcoming NX for a while, but I don't care. Zelda has been a big part of my gaming life, and I will enjoy this glorious hype vicariously. Everything about it looks stellar, from the massive overworld (supposedly twelve times the size of Twilight Princess's world) to a more realistic gameplay style (e.g. cooking food, diving for a swim, stubbing your toe upon kicking a chest open). This is Nintendo's ace in the hole, and I have a really good feeling that it will be spectacular.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 pm

It's The Witcher 3, in the style of Zelda. Once again Nintendo is taking another game and putting a Link skin on the protag, just like they did with hyrule warriors a.k.a The Legend of Zelda: dynasty warriors.

Will it be a fun game? Maybe but considering they are ripping from a game that looks fun, that's to be expected.

They should have stuck with the old format of having puzzle solving be the main focus, like the old oracle games for the Gameboy.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Manijure » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:It's The Witcher 3, in the style of Zelda. Once again Nintendo is taking another game and putting a Link skin on the protag, just like they did with hyrule warriors a.k.a The Legend of Zelda: dynasty warriors.

Will it be a fun game? Maybe but considering they are ripping from a game that looks fun, that's to be expected.

They should have stuck with the old format of having puzzle solving be the main focus, like the old oracle games for the Gameboy.

Who said that puzzle solving won't be the main focus? Yeah, it's open-world, and a massive one at that, but there is a lot we don't know. Perhaps the main quest requires you go to different areas in a set order to enter a dungeon or acquire an important item. Much is to be revealed.

And don't forget the very first Zelda game, which is open-world, with no one to talk to except old men and women in caves, and the ability to traverse through dungeons in any order (except the final one). Nintendo specifically stated that they wanted to go back to the roots of Zelda, and this is it.
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:44 pm

The original Zelda ripped off The Witcher 3.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Manijure » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:The original Zelda ripped off The Witcher 3.

Dunno if you're joking, but the original Zelda came out in 1987, two decades before the first Witcher game came out...
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm

:shock: how.. how is there any doubt that its a joke? ... just... how??
User

by Manijure » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Simmonds91 wrote::shock: how.. how is there any doubt that its a joke? ... just... how??

Jokes and sarcasm aren't my strong suit, and I defend Zelda very seriously. Actually though, if anyone challenges me on Zelda's greatness, I will show no mercy.
User

by Magnus0 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Manijure wrote:
Simmonds91 wrote::shock: how.. how is there any doubt that its a joke? ... just... how??

Jokes and sarcasm aren't my strong suit, and I defend Zelda very seriously. Actually though, if anyone challenges me on Zelda's greatness, I will show no mercy.

Can anyone actually oppose Zelda though?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Chimto » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:09 am

I find the title rather unintentionally humorous. Does anyone have any idea how rancid and smelly wild breath actually is?
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by crossby » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:35 am

OMFG! Can't wait for this game to come out!
ทางเข้าgclub
User

by PitNata » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:48 am

I like Zelda games, especially those on GBA ones, Link to the past and The Minish Cap, but it rather very easy to find hearts and other artefacts, although not in the LTTP one(whoever cares about milking cow? they added some content + multiplayer 2-4 players made up game.) and trying to complete them again and again.... Oldfag tears :(

Never played new ones, and perhaps never will. Still it makes me happy that Nintendo didn't forget about their games, and releases them.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Anorak » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Looks great! I love the zelda series. Cant wait!
User