Solgaleo vs Lunala

Solgaleo
45%
Lunala
55%

Total votes : 11

Pokemon Sun/Moon legendary preference

by Manijure » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 pm

With Pokemon Sun and Moon upon us (unfortunately don't have a 3DS), which Gen VII main legendary do you prefer?
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Re: Pokemon Sun/Moon legendary preference

by AerisDraco » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Cat.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Lunala for me. I'll be getting Moon next Wednesday, the version exclusives all appeal to me more.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 am

I don't even play, but Solgaleo looks so cool that I have to vote for it. :P
:hero:
User

by NastyBird339 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Bats r cool
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Well I'm probably going to get Moon bc my friend got two accidentally and is selling it to me for reasonably cheap.

Provided I get a 2DS of course.

Thus, Lunala, it has the rare and powerful typing and the really excellent ability.

1 thing: If Solgaleo was a Fire type, especially Fire/Steel, then Solgaleo in a heartbeat. I'd even take Fire/Psychic if you really wanted Cosmog/Cosmoem/Sol/Luna to share a type. Also a better ability that Clear Body, why not "Sun's light" or something, to give STAB to fire moves or something actually related to the sun as opposed to
"Moon bat shaped like moon, nocturnal creature to signify night time, ghost type bc nights are spoopy"
"Metal lion related to sun bc we say so. Steel type bc why not. Lion because lions are cool"
I mean the mane could have fire effects for crying out loud.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Magnus0 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:48 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Well I'm probably going to get Moon bc my friend got two accidentally and is selling it to me for reasonably cheap.

Provided I get a 2DS of course.

Thus, Lunala, it has the rare and powerful typing and the really excellent ability.

1 thing: If Solgaleo was a Fire type, especially Fire/Steel, then Solgaleo in a heartbeat. I'd even take Fire/Psychic if you really wanted Cosmog/Cosmoem/Sol/Luna to share a type. Also a better ability that Clear Body, why not "Sun's light" or something, to give STAB to fire moves or something actually related to the sun as opposed to
"Moon bat shaped like moon, nocturnal creature to signify night time, ghost type bc nights are spoopy"
"Metal lion related to sun bc we say so. Steel type bc why not. Lion because lions are cool"
I mean the mane could have fire effects for crying out loud.

Technically, the sun is made of metals, so the steel typing makes sense.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by The Kingmaker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Sun is made of metals?

The sun is made of hydrogen and helium, mainly the former, that form a celestial mass because of the immense pressure due to gravity. The trace metals in the sun, iron, magnesium and silicon, amongst others, make up <0.1% of the sun. Sure that's a huge amount but it's by no means the majority.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, I just think Fire/Steel would've been an amazing typing for it, a real Xerneas check, albeit with a crippling Groudon weakness

My treasured creations:
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Actually, when stars accumulate too much metal (generally in the core) they tend to go supernova.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:24 pm

:?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:

The accumulation/fusion of heavier elements within stars is a by-product of the process that leads to a supernova, not the other way around.

Stars operate by Nuclear Fusion. They fuse small elements to make larger ones, using their (predominantly Hydrogen and Helium) fuel. when the star runs out of a fuel, it gets hotter and uses a different (larger) fuel. Because there is less of each consecutive fuel, each consecutive stage lasts less time.
While in the very final stage the very core of the star is fused into iron as is tries to resist the outward force, eventually it can't and goes supernova, forming everything else up to Uranium.

So yes, while Iron is the core of the star for a bit, its still a minority to the H/He/Other elements and this only lasts for a few days, compared to the few billion years a star lives.

Also I'm someone will jump in and "um actually" me.

Also this thread should be for pokemon.
Solgaleo is pretty awesome and objectively better than Lunala, I just wish they had been swapped in their abilities, so Solgaleo with the good typing (especially defensively) haad the great defensive ability and Lunala with its good offensive typing had the meh ability.

My treasured creations:
User

by Magnus0 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:33 pm

The Kingmaker wrote::?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:

The accumulation/fusion of heavier elements within stars is a by-product of the process that leads to a supernova, not the other way around.

Stars operate by Nuclear Fusion. They fuse small elements to make larger ones, using their (predominantly Hydrogen and Helium) fuel. when the star runs out of a fuel, it gets hotter and uses a different (larger) fuel. Because there is less of each consecutive fuel, each consecutive stage lasts less time.
While in the very final stage the very core of the star is fused into iron as is tries to resist the outward force, eventually it can't and goes supernova, forming everything else up to Uranium.

So yes, while Iron is the core of the star for a bit, its still a minority to the H/He/Other elements and this only lasts for a few days, compared to the few billion years a star lives.

Also I'm someone will jump in and "um actually" me.

Also this thread should be for pokemon.
Solgaleo is pretty awesome and objectively better than Lunala, I just wish they had been swapped in their abilities, so Solgaleo with the good typing (especially defensively) haad the great defensive ability and Lunala with its good offensive typing had the meh ability.

Uhm, actually...

I did some research and found out that Solgaleo is based on a sun eating lion. The info on the official site states that Solgaleo 'devours the sun'. He isn't the sun, he eats it. In alchemy, the sun eating lion was a symbol for purification of metals. So yeah, the steel typing actually ties in with Solgaleo's lore. Fire/steel would have been more interesting though.

Also, Jiragi is a star, and guess what, steel/psychic type. So there's that too.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes it's me