Sun/Moon team

Talk about anything game related!

Sun/Moon team

by NastyBird339 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 pm

So I don't how many people,e here play Pokémon competitively or play it in general but I wanna know everyone Sun&Moon Team.

Moon
1.Decidueye(Sorry for misspelling)
2.Lyracnrock(Night Form)
3.Alonlan Sandslash
4. Oranguru
5.Kommo-o
6.Lunala/Sivaly

Sun
Undecided
User

Re: Sun/Moon team

by SealDarklight » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Kind of interesting post. Im gonna get the Moon Version because Lunala is a Ghost type wich is my second favorite type. Like Gen i nearly like all the Pokemon and i there are some pokemon types that i am disappointed like no Dark or Ice type at all except for Incineroar and Alolan Pokemon or even a Steel type since most are Fairy types and Poison and Steel types are needed in this region.

Moon

1. Primarina (I like Popplio)
2. Salazzle
3. Alolan Raticate
4. Alolan Marowak
5. Silvally
6. Lycanrock

Sun

1.Incineroar
2.Alolan Sandslash
3.Wishiwashi
4.Donald Trump
5.Mimikyu
6.Vikavolt

Star or Shade version

1.Decidueye
2.Turtonator
3.Palossand
4.Minior
5.Wimpod
6.Alolan Muk
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Whichever six pokemon I feel are working out for me. First ever play through is for fun.

SealDarklight wrote:Star or Shade version

Seriously? The previous sets of games haven't had a third spin off, what makes you think these will? B/W had B2/W2 and X/Y had no Z.
Yes it's me

by SealDarklight » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:12 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Whichever six pokemon I feel are working out for me. First ever play through is for fun.

Seriously? The previous sets of games haven't had a third spin off, what makes you think these will? B/W had B2/W2 and X/Y had no Z.

Doesnt matter what it is. I mean i dont know if there is a third spin off but there might be.
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:00 am

I don't have a 3ds, but I'm planning on getting one soon.

I'll pick rowlet end see from there. I really want to find a Mantine because it's one of favorite pokemon, and it learns roost now, finally. Ribombee and Salazzle will probably on my team sometime too.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:51 am

So I've been reading game details on Serebii and...

[+] SPOILER
you get given a Porygon instead of having to buy one.

So that'll be going on my team straight away!
Yes it's me

by The Kingmaker » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Like RaZoR LeAf I'd probably use various different pokemon that I want to at the time.

Well I want to begin with Incineroar because its damn cool. I like Pallosand and it's typing is excellent, and Araquanid is pretty cool too, Kommo-O is great albeit late in the game, and the Lvl 10 salamence could let me cheese the game. Lycanroc too for some speed but pure rock is pretty bad typing wise. Minior could be amazingly powerful, Mimkyu, Mudsdale and Vikavolt are also cool, but slow, although the speed creep was pretty much abandoned this gen, so being slow isn't really that bad, just as long as relative speed isn't god awful or bulk makes up for it.

Or I could do something I've always wanted to, and "start" with three starters, picking one and then getting the others via trade asap, and I love all these starters.
I'd probably fil any remaining team slots with old mons that I generally find cool, i.e. previously mentioned lvl 10 -mence, Metagross, Scizor, Lucario, Alolan Golem, Garchomp, Arcanine. Lots of cool team possibilities this gen, especially in regards to starters:

Didn't choose Decidueye? A shame because its design is amazing, but don't worry, Dhelmise has the same typing, a better non-hidden ability and similar stats.
Didn't choose Incineroar? Arcanine gets intimidate as a regular ability and have similar bulk and roles, but with a trade off of not having the weaknesses or the support of the dark type.
Didn't choose Primarina? Tapu Fini has better stats with the same typing and role, and before you get it there's plenty of other water types for the F-W-G core.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:05 pm

I've made a specific team for two points on each island.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by SealDarklight » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Guess what! I beat the moon version By using my Pokemon wich i named for my pokemon (Well not really beat the entire game since i must fill my pokedex).

1: Primarina (Seal)
2: Gumshoos (Trump)
3: Alolan Grimer (Mörkö)
4: Lycanrock midnight form (Rex))
5: Salazzle (Tuure)
6: Lunala (Nebby = like Lillie called it)

Changed

7: Mimikyu (Shaddy) (Before i replace her By Lunala)

And i must say THIS GAME IS SO GOOD AND I WOULD RECOMENDEED TO PLAY IT!

My team was kinda perfect but the problem with my team is dealing with Water and Electric types and used to be Grass but Primarina can learn icebeam.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

My team before taking on the Elite Four is:

Decidueye (Orly)
Alola Dugtrio (Mmmbop)
Salazzle (Bellatrix)
Magnezone (Roswell)
Araquanid (Bubblehead)
Crabominable (Calzaghe)

Probably going to switch a few out though, I don't have very good Psychic, dark or fairy coverage.
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

I got a 3ds with moon. My team so far is:

Dartrix
Ribombee
mudbray
Umbreon
Corsola (I spent hours catching one without hustle)
Salandit (catches female salandit. Adamant nature. Fml)

I really like how you don't need an HM slave in this game. I can use six pokemon that I actually use in battles.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:35 am

Is anyone interested in doing some trading? I'm filling my pokedex (for the first time since Red (Yes, plain old Red)) and there are some trades I just can't do over the GTS without going to extreme lengths. Like Magmar and Electabuzz into Magmortar and Electivire respectively. Or Slowking, Porygon2/Z, etc. I've manGed most of the other trades and version exclusives. I'm just getting the Ultra Beasts I need from Sun, now that I've finished that side quest.

I'm short five Pokemon to complete the Melemele Dex: Slowking, Sableye, Luvdisc, Salamence and Tapu Koko. Sableye and Luvdisc I should be able to catch with a lot of patience and Adrenaline Orbs. Shellgon I have at level 35 so it's slowly getting levelled as I do other Pokemon. Slowking, on Sunday I need a trade and TK I need to rechallenge the E4 to get him to reappear. I wasn't prepared to fight him post E4 the first time and didn't have any Ultra Balls. But relighting the Elites means getting my team up to their new standards.

Update on my team:
I've swapped out Dugtrio, Crabominable and Magnezone and replaced them with Kommo-o, Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Raichu. Man is it hard training them up to the same as the other three. My originals are 70, the newbies on 50 now. Sloooooooooowww.... Still need to pick nicknames for them and give Bubblehead something more respectable.
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Luvdisc isn't that rare. You can catch it at a fishing spot with (or without) ripples near konikoni town. It's on a little beach with one fisherman. I encountered lots of luvdisc while fishing for a chinchou. No orbs needed.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Luvdisc isn't that rare. You can catch it at a fishing spot with (or without) ripples near konikoni town. It's on a little beach with one fisherman. I encountered lots of luvdisc while fishing for a chinchou. No orbs needed.

I hot one. Thank you!
Yes it's me