Shadow of Mordor

Talk about anything game related!

Shadow of Mordor

by NastyBird339 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 am

So for those of you who played Shadow of Mordor and have been waiting for a sequel good news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPhOCXzLBKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xg2-NC8Ijw

So yea that's something to be extremely hyped for.
Based upon the announcement trailer alone we can assume the following.
- We will be fighting The Witch King and the Greater Nazgûl(For those who don't know this takes place between the events of the Hobbit, and LoTR series with Frodo, and during this time, the Nazgûl were significantly stronger.)
- We fight the Balrog generals of Morgath/Melkor's army.(For those who don't know, Morgath was Sauron's Master, and the original dark lord.)or just a Balrog
- We fight a physical form of Sauron

Now from watching the gameplay trailer I noticed a few changes.
- Hit streak seems to be removed
- Counter prompts, and captain health bars were removed, so its possible these mechanics have been changed.
- The power/leveling system has been drastically changed, as has the overall nemesis system
- More Wraith Abilities
- We get a badass ring

Based upon this I'm extremely excited for the games release and so far it looks pretty great. Would love to know some other people's thoughts.
User

Re: Shadow of Mordor

by SealDarklight » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Isn't Melkor Saurons master and also I haven't played but I have seen the cutscenes since I like the middle earth.
User

by NastyBird339 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Yea Melkor was Sauron's master.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm considering getting this game, the first in a while I've ever considered getting
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Antonio94 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 am

From my perspective the game looks pretty sweet in overall. I especially like the overhauled nemesis mechanic and it looks even better in this next sequel. Gameplay wise it looks badass, or rather, too OP main character but that's probably just for the sake of premier showcase.
Gearing seems to be "staple" nowadays, Shadow of War has it (of course armors look pretty cool), even the new Assassin's Creed Origins also has it. I'm a RPG fan so I'm not bothered with that, but I don't know how about the others.
What I don't like is that even though the game hasn't released yet, they just threw out bunch of "edition"... I mean like seriously, this kind of marketing act is getting annoying year by year.
User