Tower Defense meets Boardgaming...

Talk about anything game related!

Tower Defense meets Boardgaming...

by KeeperoftheGate » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 am

Greetings everyone, I've been a member of this forum for sometime, as I love KR and have beaten it as many times as the next guy!

But today I'm here to mention that I've created a NEW Tower Defense game... but for the table top.
(Post made with Ironhide's approval. They welcomed us to post "as much as you like". So we come with all respect.)

The King's Armory is a Tower Defense Game that is directly INSPIRED BY Kingdom Rush.

Some of you may remember my post from a few months back. We have redesigned the art (as you can see above!) and have really hit Kickstarter hard. We'd Love to hear what you think, and even be able to provide you a copy of the game if decide to pledge to support the effort!

Key Features:
*Play with your friends around a table so you can chat while playing Tower Defense Games.
*Players can drop in and out mid game
*Totally modular game. The replay value is endless as you have 7 Heroes to choose from; 5 troops you can hire and upgrade; 25 monsters; 7 bosses; and a ton of equipment and reinforcements you can use and summon to help you out when things get tough! You even get to make your own map each game.
*Variable play time and difficulty.
*Made for adults, but totally playable with your kids.
*AND it's even a Co-op game. So you have to work together with your strategy as you try to destroy Waves of monsters.

If you guys like KR, and have ever enjoyed a board game, or even D&D, you'll definitely love this game.

We've been well reviewed and every review that has played it has really truly enjoyed it. You can watch their reviews on our site.

Without further ado, the precious link to The King's Armory on Kickstarter. Come support and have a BLAST with your friends!

John

p.s. Bruno of Ironhide games gave us his seal of approval saying: "We're really excited you've been inspired by Kingdom Rush. : )" You gotta check this out.
User

Re: Tower Defense meets Boardgaming...

by Zonoro13 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow, that seems really cool! Too bad I don't have an account to donate.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow, that seems really cool! Too bad I don't have an account to donate.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by KeeperoftheGate » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 pm

@ Zonoro,

Thanks for the compliment. We're happy you like it.
Kickstarter makes it really easy to make an account. They don't hassle for a million pieces of information and email verification and all that. So it might be worth taking a look into.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Maybe I'll give a buck or five.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by KeeperoftheGate » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 am

Great. Every show of support helps. Thanks so much!
User

by Julian » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 am

Again? Well, I am glad to see you seem to be going to reach your goal this time! c: Also, if I
recall correctly, you did a campaign on indiegogo as well? Is that correct? If so, how did it go?
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by KeeperoftheGate » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm

@Julian,

Yeah! We're doing wonderfully well. And thank you to everyone who's supported us.

The IndieGoGo was a huge success. We raised our full goal, +, and were able to make this new Kickstarter happen as a result! It's been quite a ride. Thanks for checking it out.
User

by warbot1000 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 am

nice work but i'm afraid i can't support you (parents)

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by KeeperoftheGate » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:36 am

I want to announce that we're fully funded and unlocking stretch goals, AND in our Final Week. If you've been putting of checking us out, now's the time.

If you're into board games at all ever, AND have an account on this site, you absolutely MUST check this thing out before it's gone, or 150% the price on your retailer's shelf.
User

by Blobfizzle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm

KeeperoftheGate wrote:I want to announce that we're fully funded and unlocking stretch goals, AND in our Final Week. If you've been putting of checking us out, now's the time.

If you're into board games at all ever, AND have an account on this site, you absolutely MUST check this thing out before it's gone, or 150% the price on your retailer's shelf.

This looks awesome
User