Strike Force Heroes 2

Talk about anything game related!

Strike Force Heroes 2

by tmn loveblue » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:56 am

The game has bumped itself to my favourite list in the last few weeks. By now I have finished the last challenge and got my Sniper to level 31 - not a very impressive achievement, but it is fair enough. My setup for each class:

Engineer: A fully automatic assault rifle. Not much to say, I used to like this class, until I find out just how powerful the Sniper, Juggernaut and Mercenary can be.

General: A pump action shotgun, and a Jackhammer. Again, he is too squishy for close range combat, and deal too little damage before other players overwhelm him.

Mercenary: This is by far my most heavily equipped class. I bought a ton of weapons and attachments just for the sake of testing them out. There are:

A Cerberus with a Red Dot that boost accuracy by 28%. Reliable weapon, the one I like most.

Shredding Javelin, Stinger and Commando with an attachment that boost dmg against flesh. The Javelin is the strongest, yet only possesses about 161 dmg, unable to one-hit-kill anyone, thus it usually leaves me exposed and killed after a shot.

Light explosives, the best one being an M32, but I rarely use them.

Juggernaut

My second favourite class. It is strong enough to blast away most foes. For this one I have:

A Judgement. Powerful, but against high-level targets, it meets with the same issue as the Javelin.

A M32 with Corrosive Rounds. Awesome, and in Randomania, equipping the Corrosive Rounds is nearly cheating when the game gives him a full-auto gun.

I usually use Static Field as the killstreak for this class, and Resistance as the skill. His set of skills and killstreaks are rather bad.

Sniper

My favourite class. He has the most fund, over $60,000, and a set of deadly arms, including:

A refined DSR-1: increased clip size up to 7 rounds, 110 dmg. Although it drops lower than the Sniper's level now, it is still among the weapons I use the most. It rarely needs ammo-finding, and with Overkill, its fast fire rate and high accuracy makes for great target practice. I usually use it with a Laser Sight.

A flawless Intervention: 150+ dmg, 95% accuracy, but only 1.3 rps fire rate. I like the damage, though I dislike the low ammo reserve and low fire rate. It is rather hard to use.

Does anyone of you guys play this game, too?
User

Re: Strike Force Heroes 2

by Zonoro13 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:06 pm

I've played this game quite a bit. I don't remember all that much about my setup, but I liked Juggernaut the best, because of powerful shotguns and the ability to take a sniper's shots. For my sniper I used a sheep launcher that I found. Have gotten one of them yet? You need to play the slot machine.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:25 pm

I really like it, though I've not yet to win one. I want it for my Juggernaut, but he doesnt have enough fund to spin the slot many times.
User

by blu3 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 am

obviously the sniper is the hands down best class, i dont remember the gun i used for him but it had a significantly better bps then the intervention
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by tmn loveblue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:11 am

I agree, the Sniper is the strongest one. I prefer a DSR1 or Intervention for the accuracy, but there are also G11, with more ammo than any assault rifle, and MK14, Barrett, Dragunov, lower accuracy but very high damage due to fast fire rate
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:51 pm

U all wrong Engineer FTW

I like the thing that u can put turrets have good weapons and I GOT THE SHEEP LAUNCHER PRETTY OP (I haven't played STH2 for AGES) must get back on it sometime

Can't remember weapons at all tho :(
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User

by Zonoro13 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:34 pm

The engineer is probably the best early on, but he eventually becomes quite weak due to less powerful weapons. However any class can have a sheep launcher, which is as powerful as a sniper rifle in some cases, so with the launcher he can compete with the usually more powerful sniper. I started a new game and got to level 20, and I believe that with wall hack a very strong sniper rifle can exceed a sheep launcher. Except in some cases. For example, in campaign boss battle, sheep launcher is easily the best weapon, using it I won something like 20 to 7.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:11 pm

I got a Sheep Launcher today for my General, and to be honest, it is good but not as I expected. I think it would be more useful on open maps like the Mansion, since I played on the Lab, which is too small for the sheeps to take effect. It out power Javelin and Stinger easily with the fire rate and ammo, though an Intervention or DSR-1 can nulifies it by greater range. I would try to win one for the Mercenary, he is much more suited for it than other classes.

Captain Awesome, the Engineer is actually very weak. If he can stack multiple turrets then I'd consider, but currently, he cannot put up a fight properly. All of the other classes have stronger arms than him, for example, the Mercenary have Cerberus, which has greater ammo capacity and faster fire rate, making for better damage. The General have dual magnums that mow down everyone but Juggernaut in 5 seconds, while the Sniper can one-shot all classes from 100 ft away. And Juggernauts have Judgements...
User

by Zonoro13 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Remember that sheep launchers vary in power just like normal weapons. They can be unusually good in some maps, but in others they are outmatched by the usual weapons. But even a weak sheep launcher can be a good weapon, especially when compared to the Engineer's limited firepower. So if you combine the engineer's good skills with a sheep launcher he can contend with most except Juggernaut and Sniper.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:13 am

I got my second dooty launcher today. I am still testing it but I think it is worse than the sheep launcher.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:29 am

Engineer is still better for me

It is about the way you use your class and his weapons
User

by blu3 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 am

compared to others he just doesnt have the dps necessary to be the best class, his healing ability is helpful but a sniper kills a lot faster then any assault rifle
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by tmn loveblue » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:22 am

Dooty Launchers suck, Zonoro. The bullet flies too slowly and deal single-target damage. It is outweighed by shotguns in all situations. I have won 3 til now and sold them all. A Judgement is easier to obtain and deal just as much damage, with lightning speed bullets and faster fire rate.

The Engineer's playstyle is to utilize the opponent's weakness, since he is an all-rounder. He can be good but certainly kill slower than Snipers. I currently have him at lvl 18 with a M4A4 of great fire rate and range. He can snipe most classes except for Juggernauts with shotguns. HAMR, which increases sight range, is good with him. It allows me to shoot from further than the Juggernauts and Mercenaries can see. He is more versatile than most classes, though weaker than all in a fair gun fight.
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by blu3 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:32 am

but you have the sniper for that
breadsticks
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 am

I was playin today and I stood in front of a Juggernuat (he had a Judgement) I liked at him shot him with XM8 boom he was dead
User

by blu3 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:19 am

no duh, the ai is garbage
breadsticks
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 am

No he shot me twice with the judgement

*BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA* I had to start again *BWAAAAAAAAAAA* :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
User

by tmn loveblue » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:47 am

blu3 wrote:but you have the sniper for that

Yeah, but blasting away with a fully automatic gun is much more satisfying that occasional headshots, although it is considerably weaker.

Captain_Awesome wrote:I was playin today and I stood in front of a Juggernuat (he had a Judgement) I liked at him shot him with XM8 boom he was dead

Captain_Awesome wrote:No he shot me twice with the judgement

*BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA* I had to start again *BWAAAAAAAAAAA* :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't take on anyone when you play as an Engineer. Snipe them from afar.

An Engineer may survive a dogfight with machine-gun Mercenaries, other Engineers, or SMG Snipers, but he does not fare well against Juggernauts and Generals.
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:59 am

I can annihilate a General AND Juggernaut

You might be able to notice I'm a Offence instead of Defence guy therefore I prefer full on in their face guys (not tanks (Juggernauts either) I prefer to be able to kill with easiness

Preferred guns accurate full auto high damage weapons (rockets are good for a distance weapon sniper is slow reload and in Strike Force Heroes 2 there isn't much space to camp and snipe, general is plain useless for me and juggernaut are easy to take down (circle, shoot, repeat)

Juggernauts and Mercs are more defensive whereas the engineer is all-round offence and defence

(I know everything I've written isn't making sense)
User

by tmn loveblue » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah, they make no sense :lol:

Mercenary is an offensive guy if you use him correctly. He has an arsenal of high damage but inaccurate weapons in hand, ready to lay hell on enemies. I think you have seen the Commando launcher...

Juggernauts are not hyper durable, but if you stand toe to toe with him and he wields a shotgun, you will be blast away in 3 shots. Especially if you are an Engineer. Even your Tesla Coil cannot stand for long. However, the Juggernaut has limited sight range, and thus is vulnerable when attacked from afar. Assault rifles can manage that, though they wouldn't kill the Juggernaut quickly.

It is not like an Engineer cannot kill a Juggernaut, but when both are fully armored and face each other, the Engineer stands no chance.
User

Next