Crossy Road

Talk about anything game related!

Crossy Road

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 am

Anyone heard/played it

I have got 66/72 characters

*All mystery characters unlocked
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Crossy Road

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh, you mean Frogger 2.0? I hope that game gets sued...
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Crossy Road

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Meh, I don't like these types of games. Flappy Bird, aa, Crissy Road, etc. tend to get old quickly.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5172
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Crossy Road

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Oh, you mean Frogger 2.0? I hope that game gets sued...


Why it's fun
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Crossy Road

by Zonoro13 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Mr_Lamington_Wolf wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Oh, you mean Frogger 2.0? I hope that game gets sued...


Why it's fun

But it's a ripoff.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5172
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Crossy Road

by Magnus0 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:02 pm

It's the kind of game that everyone on the planet plays for one or two weeks and then gets completely forgotten for eternity because there is a new game just like it getting discovered.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Crossy Road

by wailwail » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Getting "Discovered"? Thanks for telling me that games are discovered, not made :lol: !
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: Crossy Road

by Magnus0 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:16 pm

well, I said that because games basically get discovered by the community. There are tons of games and only a select few are lucky enough to get 'famous'.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Crossy Road

by Simmonds91 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:17 am

Thats just how it is guys, an old favourite from the 80/90's gets rebooted. Its basically the same game, sure, but there is a reason the old one was so good, simple design, simple yet addicting. Crossy road isnt the most innovative game out there but it has that "just 1 more go" feel to it, well thats how i feel at least.

Another game i suggest is slayin, just as simple, not as fun, but i like having it in my games library :)

Also i have every character on crossy road, looking forward to what may be a uk themed update going by one of the developers twitter. :D

Seriously, wtf is wrong with frogger? Its a cool game BBB!
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Crossy Road

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:59 am

Simmonds91 wrote:Seriously, wtf is wrong with frogger? Its a cool game BBB!


I meant Crossy Road, not Frogger, hence "Frogger 2.0." ;)

Crossy Road is not a reboot unless it has the original developer's consent or the consent of whoever currently owns the rights to Frogger for the game to be made as a way of bringing the game to a modern audience. I doubt that this was the case, and it was instead taking the core mechanics of Frogger and re-skinning them along with a new soundtrack and characters, which does not separate it as its own game, making it a clear rip-off of the original game. That's why I want it to be sued.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Crossy Road

by Simmonds91 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Then i suppose the developers of gos of war (ps3) should be sued by capcom huh?

They used the same mechanics so they should get sued? You cant be serious...
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Crossy Road

by wailwail » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:48 am

That's not just the same mechanics, that's the same game!
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: Crossy Road

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Then i suppose the developers of gos of war (ps3) should be sued by capcom huh?

They used the same mechanics so they should get sued? You cant be serious...


Using the same mechanics is fine, but I said core mechanics, which means that the game is focused on those mechanics more than anything. What would Frogger be without leaping from platforms and not getting hit? A soundtrack and some pixelated graphics. What would Crossy Road be without leaping from platforms without getting hit? A soundtrack and some IAP.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Crossy Road

by Simmonds91 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 pm

I cant agree with you bbb but i wont bother arguing it with you, you wont change your mind and i wont change mine.

Would you say flappy bird should be sued though aswell? Its just as simple, simpler in fact, than crossy road, im sure its core mechanics have been used before?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Crossy Road

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:27 am

Simmonds91 wrote:I cant agree with you bbb but i wont bother arguing it with you, you wont change your mind and i wont change mine.

Would you say flappy bird should be sued though aswell? Its just as simple, simpler in fact, than crossy road, im sure its core mechanics have been used before?


I don't know of a game similar to Flappy Bird before it came out, but I do know a lot of games made after Flappy Bird, and any of those who intend to make a profit from it could easily be sued at any time.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Crossy Road

by Simmonds91 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:22 am

Well! The Brazil update came a day or so ago and im really impressed! The 13 new characters are pretty decent, i especially like the capoeira guy and coconut water, and it all looks very sunny too. Gotta love dem surprise updates :D

It's pretty crazy, back when this thread was made there were only 74 unlockable characters and now the number has shot up to 154.. Man.. "Gotta catch em all" amiright

Are there any fans here that perhaps didnt see this thread months ago?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Crossy Road

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:04 am

Simmonds91 wrote:Well! The Brazil update came a day or so ago and im really impressed! The 13 new characters are pretty decent, i especially like the capoeira guy and coconut water, and it all looks very sunny too. Gotta love dem surprise updates :D

It's pretty crazy, back when this thread was made there were only 74 unlockable characters and now the number has shot up to 154.. Man.. "Gotta catch em all" amiright

Are there any fans here that perhaps didnt see this thread months ago?


My sister used to play this game a lot back in its prime of popularity.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Crossy Road

by AerisDraco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 pm

NECROMANCY
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Crossy Road

by Simmonds91 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:47 pm

AerisDraco wrote:NECROMANCY


Crossy road is still a thing, a thing im really into, that is still being updated even now (thats why im posting here again after all). I can either post on this thread or go out of my way to make another thread Exactly like it in every way, which do you think ill be criticised more for? ;)

So me and pepe have something in common bbb? oh gods... :lol: I take it the "used to" means she doesn't play it anymore?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Crossy Road

by Ninja » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm

You'd be criticized equally for both, TBH. It would be better if you didn't post about it at all. Just because you want to do something doesn't mean that you have to do it. If that was the case, then I'd be raising up a LOT of dead threads. Better to just follow Forum Rules and keep the Forums clean of zombie threads. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests