Imperial, Stormcloak, Why

Talk about anything game related!

Imperial, Stormcloak, Why

by MechaNecromancer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:36 am

I noticed a lack of Skyrim-related thread in this forum. So I decided to create this thread. I am also curious to discover which side is more popular. And, finally, I want to return in great style ( This is the... second thread I have created, I think.)

My favorite side is Imperial.
(WHAT?! You told us right away? Where's your sense of the dramatic moment?)
But why? Well, I feel the Empire has better chances in a future war against the Aldmeri Dominion, especially with the Dragonborn at their side. But I have played as a Stormcloak too, mostly because I had a character that favored them. In the end, my character will decide, but I'll make Imperial-oriented characters more often.

Too Long;Didn't Read( Really? It's quite short...): Imperial, because my characters want so.
User

Re: Imperial, Stormcloak, Why

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:30 am

Rebellion isn't always good. Considering that the Elves were going to destroy the empire, saving lives seemed more important than keeping beliefs strong. Especially since people can just secretly worship Talos and still believe in him deep down, and just not have to admit it. This seems like it crossed the emperor's mind as well, since characters like Heimskr are very open about their conviction as guards walk right past. So, Imperials for the win. Stormcloaks are overreacting.
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:48 am

I saw the torture room in the keep at the beginning of the game... There's no way im supporting the imperials after that.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by SairiRM » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Imperials, for the exact same reasons as MechaNecromancer, if Skyrim detached from the Empire too, the Aldmeri Dominion would conquer all of Tamriel (even my beloved Morrowind) in a few years.
User

by MechaNecromancer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:I saw the torture room in the keep at the beginning of the game... There's no way im supporting the imperials after that.

Interesting. Your reasons are valid. But I'm curious: Do you support the Stormcloaks or you simply do not support the Empire?
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:54 pm

MechaNecromancer wrote:
Simmonds91 wrote:I saw the torture room in the keep at the beginning of the game... There's no way im supporting the imperials after that.

Interesting. Your reasons are valid. But I'm curious: Do you support the Stormcloaks or you simply do not support the Empire?

Well, i do not support the imperials because of what i have witnessed and I support the stormcloaks and believe they have valid reason to be angry and revolt against the imperials for what they have done/doing to them, but i understand well that it is exactly what the elves want, that rebelling at this time will weaken the empire and allow the elves to take over.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork