Ghuz picks a MMO(RPG)!

Talk about anything game related!

Ghuz picks a MMO(RPG)!

by Kowaghuz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:26 pm

So, once I saw JB's post about TERA I did think about how I haven't neckbearded on any MM's for a long time.

Since I don't want to play bajillions of MMOs until I find the one I like, I thought I'd see what more experienced individuals would recommend me.

Here are my pretentions.

MAJOR:
-I can play as somebody that uses gunpowder weaponry
-I can play a dwarf
-Straightforward crafting system.(Runescape - simple yet fun. Repetitive only because of the absurd level caps. Guild Wars 2 - Nightmare fuel. Especially since tools have a limited amount of uses. The ****?) If there are enchantments, they should also be straightforward(Like Diablo III with the fun gem system)

One, more or all, but not none.

Secondary
-No semi-naked women(or men, God knows what's published nowadays.)
-Gods are relatable on a lawful-neutral sense of morals(At worst). I don't want to play /r/atheism:the game
-No anime-ish creatures(This includes kitsunes or other anime-looking things)
-The more cliche the fantasy setting is, the better.
-I'd really like if I got to build something. Be it a castle, house, city, or something else.
-Clear end-game skills and equipment. I've been playing GW2 for more than a year and I still have no idea what item sets are good for end-game, let alone if there exists a "best armor set"
-Little to no cooperation needed. I'm so much of a sperg I'm uncomfortable to play with people even in a digital environment.
-Not too grindy. If it's better than Runescape it's probably good.

These aren't sacred, but they make me enjoy the game more.
User

Re: Ghuz picks a MMO(RPG)!

by wailwail » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:36 pm

That's World Of Warcraft, a great game but might empty your wallet.
MAJOR:
-I can play as somebody that uses gunpowder weaponry You can be a hunter, and use guns
-I can play a dwarf Of course!
-Straightforward crafting system.(Runescape - simple yet fun. Repetitive only because of the absurd level caps. Guild Wars 2 - Nightmare fuel. Especially since tools have a limited amount of uses. The ****?) If there are enchantments, they should also be straightforward(Like Diablo III with the fun gem system) There a professions.

One, more or all, but not none.

Secondary
-No semi-naked women(or men, God knows what's published nowadays.) None, just don't play on Moonguard.
-Gods are relatable on a lawful-neutral sense of morals(At worst). I don't want to play /r/atheism:the game There are gods like Cenarius and stuff
-No anime-ish creatures(This includes kitsunes or other anime-looking things) Wow has it's own art-style, cartoon enough so it doesn't look VERY serious, but serious enough so it doesn't look like a joke.
-The more cliche the fantasy setting is, the better. Nothing to say here :lol:
-I'd really like if I got to build something. Be it a castle, house, city, or something else. You can build a garrison, and have followers that will do everything you are supposed to do.
-Clear end-game skills and equipment. I've been playing GW2 for more than a year and I still have no idea what item sets are good for end-game, let alone if there exists a "best armor set" The end-game content is pretty straight-forward. The pvp and pve progression is very simple.
-Little to no cooperation needed. I'm so much of a sperg I'm uncomfortable to play with people even in a digital environment. The game is more appealing to casuals now, and there are group finders if you're lonely.
-Not too grindy. If it's better than Runescape it's probably good. Leveling is easy now, and the end-game content is very fun that you don't feel the grind
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Kowaghuz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 pm

wailwail wrote:World of Warcraft

I forgot to mention free, because playing WoW is already a sacred goal of my life. The Holy Light is basically God, I can (I already made a demo account, have a lvl 20 dwarf hunter) make a dwarf with a gun, and overall the setting and game fits me like a glove.

It's just that I have already bought a game recently and can't get mom to open the wallet once more.

But it's cheap, and basically the ideal MMO once I can pay.

The allowances over here got doubled, so I can easily pay for two months of gameplay with the money I make in one month.
Last edited by Kowaghuz on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by wailwail » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:43 pm

Now, you can ask her to buy for the subscription until you reach max level, and then pay your time using in-game gold!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Kowaghuz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:49 pm

wailwail wrote:Pay your time using in-game gold!
Pay your time using in-game gold!
Pay your dragon, elf and orc-slaying dwarf musketeer time using in-game gold!

LOVE EXISTS.

LIFE IS WORTH LIVING.

MY EDGY NIHILISTIC TENDENCIES HAVE ALL BEEN FOR FOOLISH NAUGHT!!!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 pm

You had to post Pepe, didn't you? You've resummoned a demon, Kowa...

Also, before this thread spirals into any more chaos, let me share an opinion that nobody will like:

I don't like MMO's of any kind, because, like fighting games, I can't stand competitive play. Someone always has to lose, which is not the mindset I like to go about with anything, and the same applies here. Also, I would devote so much time into a game if it was of the same quality as KR, Dark Souls or BFME2, which means that they need to be masterpieces.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:You had to post Pepe, didn't you? You've resummoned a demon, Kowa...

Also, before this thread spirals into any more chaos, let me share an opinion that nobody will like:

I don't like MMO's of any kind, because, like fighting games, I can't stand competitive play. Someone always has to lose, which is not the mindset I like to go about with anything, and the same applies here. Also, I would devote so much time into a game if it was of the same quality as KR, Dark Souls or BFME2, which means that they need to be masterpieces.

I for one am not into competitive playing either, for the same reasons as you listed but also because I'm the one that keeps losing. I'm not good at neckbeard-fu.

I'm more of a PvE person, and I really like games that are more oriented in this direction.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 pm

High-five, Kowa!

Also, I always tend to lose as well, but that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that there's losing for someone else to win as a fundamental concept present in the game. I prefer co-op, if anything.
BBB