SOMEONE COPIED KINGDOMRUSH FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES!

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

SOMEONE COPIED KINGDOMRUSH FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES!

by takuma886 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 am

Sorry for my english first. I found that someone copied your idea and details for commercial purposes. Please visit it http://bl.qq.com/, they only replace the gamesetting 'kingdom' to 'tribes'.The battle module as the same as your 'Kingdom Rush'.So I bring this message to you, hope you can do some actions aginst them.

Hope your reply.
'Kingdom Rush' fan Rui Luo from China
User

Re: SOMEONE COPIED KINGDOMRUSH FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES!

by Goldenrhino » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 am

I looked at the video they provided (it was tiny!) and it seems to be similar but not exact. However, I did notice the tower upgrade paths seemed to be the same, and the Big Bertha's Cluster bomb spell seemed to be unchanged as well. This deserves another look!
Yes, my profile pic is a bunny. Don't judge.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am

Meh. It seems pretty similar (same style of artwork, same gameplay style, some things are unchanged), but not an exact copy. I do think the devs should atbleast look into it.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by shlaggl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 am

I borrowed my friend's QQ ID and played a few levels. On the surface it's deeper than Kingdom Rush. It has a whole village map type deal where you can do upgrades and whatnot. You have to unlock some of the tower levels manually by playing. You also level up and some levels are inaccessible until getting to a certain level. Tower costs and locations within the build menu are exactly the same so far, and some enemies are quite similar to their KR counterparts, namely the wolf. I much prefer KR's artwork, but this Chinese one isn't bad or anything. Just plainer and less vivid. 2 more spells: one is the vine spell from KR's archer tower, and the other is a bolt-type deal that does super heavy damage to a single enemy. Reinforcements look exactly like the barracks soldiers. Kind of annoying.

All in all, KR keeps my attention far better, but I might give this another hour or so of play just so I can find more differences and similarities. The game is free to play, but there are paid options. No idea what they do and I don't plan to find out.
User