100% Selling Before Battle

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

100% Selling Before Battle

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Before th first wave even arrives, players are given infinite amounts of time to build and upgrade towers, set rally points, and move their hero. So, why should they have to restart just for building one tower that they didn't want to, or upgrading something by accident?

Tower should sell for their full price to get all of the gold back after being built and upgraded so that players won't have to rebuild their entire setup. This is especially crucial to players if they're like me and want to stack 3+ barracks over each other and need them to be exactly in the same spot.

Though minor, I feel that this is an addition that would show KR as being that much more refined and perfect amongst its competition.
BBB

Re: 100% Selling Before Battle

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:57 pm

That is pretty annoying. 10/10.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Agreed. The number of times I restart a level halfway in because of poor placement is few, but I find myself spending often 5 minutes trying to get an exact map of towers in my head, without being able to test
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Oof_Shunt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm

It doesn't bother me...

Also Xin 4 President
User

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Yeah, my perfectionism of having to have my barracks all right on top of each other is often times thwarted for at least 10 min. because of this. I support this idea all the way. :hero:
:hero:
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:51 pm

I think that would be a good idea for wave 1 i guess but the whole point of having less gold for selling is so that you are forced to build strategically and not have it be "fill the map with barracks this wave, oh no, next wave is immune to soldiers, no worries ill just sell them all and fill the map with archers" and so on. Though if its just wave 1 then restarting isnt an issue so i guess im 100% disagreeing with you after all :)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:I think that would be a good idea for wave 1 i guess but the whole point of having less gold for selling is so that you are forced to build strategically and not have it be "fill the map with barracks this wave, oh no, next wave is immune to soldiers, no worries ill just sell them all and fill the map with archers" and so on. Though if its just wave 1 then restarting isnt an issue so i guess im 100% disagreeing with you after all :)

No, he's saying that you can 100% sell before wave 1, so that you don't have to waste time restarting because you misplaced a single upgrade or tower. ;)
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 am

Yes! Also increase the build speed time a little bit. Not instant as that might look bad, but increase it a little bit. Minor but I think it would go along well.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by billakoz16 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Before th first wave even arrives, players are given infinite amounts of time to build and upgrade towers, set rally points, and move their hero. So, why should they have to restart just for building one tower that they didn't want to, or upgrading something by accident?

Tower should sell for their full price to get all of the gold back after being built and upgraded so that players won't have to rebuild their entire setup. This is especially crucial to players if they're like me and want to stack 3+ barracks over each other and need them to be exactly in the same spot.

Though minor, I feel that this is an addition that would show KR as being that much more refined and perfect amongst its competition.

A very nice idea but, due to the halfhazard way the tower-selling process is programmed, it may prove to be a harder fix than first apparent.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by billakoz16 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Before th first wave even arrives, players are given infinite amounts of time to build and upgrade towers, set rally points, and move their hero. So, why should they have to restart just for building one tower that they didn't want to, or upgrading something by accident?

It would actually be easier to program the ability to select multiple barracks buildings that would share the same rally point and would both display range with maybe a higlited area where their ranges intercept. It would even be possible to make them stack more organically as to not seem liek they are inside each other but it would propably take a bit too much time for such a small addition. I use 3rd party mouse programs to stack barracks warriors on the same rally point btw.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by Big Bad Bug » Wed May 25, 2016 1:28 am

Check the date before you reply to an old thread to avoid cluttering the forums. :(

The thread is now locked.
BBB