Suggestion : "Counter Attack" Levels

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Suggestion : "Counter Attack" Levels

by FeedDaKingdom » Sun May 01, 2016 1:34 pm

This idea really came from another tower defense game.
How it works is pretty simple, once you complete a stage, you move to the next one, but after 3-4 levels, a counter attack appears at a previous stage and you have to go back to it, where stuff happens (i.e. enemy opens an entirely new path, some strategic points gets destroyed and you cant build ontop of it anymore, enemy sends in new units, etc.)
But all the towers you built from last time stays, and the enemies pretty much start off very strong because you already have your defenses set up.
This means that you start off immediately with huge battles, and from the previous level you have to think about your defenses for the counter attack.
Its sort of kinda like iron or heroic challenge in the sense that it happens after the main battle, but the main difference is that your towers from last time stays.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

Re: Suggestion : "Counter Attack" Levels

by billakoz16 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:13 pm

This is a neat game mechanic but it's main purpose is to serve as a ''bandage'' , as in a way to cover up a weaker part of the gameplay in order to focus more of the available playtime towards the more instresting parts of gameplay.
So while it would be intresting , it doesnt fit in KR's imercion curve which neccecitates the existance of early game. Actually, I consider early game equally as fun in KR in its own merrit up on the higher difficulties.
p.s. If you don't know what an immersion curve is you can just look it up, the channel extra credits has a very nice explanation.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed