Hero Towers

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Hero Towers

by PhoenixKnightXD » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 am

Has anyone ever thought that FR(4, what ever cool name insert here that hopefully will exist) should have a mechanic called Hero Towers.
Just like Hero Spells, Hero Towers can be used on a certain type of Tower(example: Eridan's Hero Tower will affect Archer type towers) and turns them into some sort of super buffed tower. But it only works on tier 4 towers.

Just to give a clearer idea, I'm going to use my favorite hero from Origins, Phoenix(obviously).
Phoenix's Hero Tower will interestingly affect Artillery(if the bird can lay explosive eggs, why not?). It turns the Artillery Tower into a burning tree that fires constant fireballs at enemies within radius that have an AoE effects(Ah... Phoenix's AoE).

It could really change the tide of a game, like imagine your Meteor/Lighting is not available and you have this large swarm Reinforcements can't handle and your Towers can deal enough damage to kill them. And you are on Iron or just low health. A Hero Tower(with the right hero) on the right tower might obliterate that swarm in seconds, hopefully.

What do you think, personally its a cool concept, not sure if will play out well but hey, maybe
User

Re: Hero Towers

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:49 am

Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am

It would probably need exact numbers to determine balance, but it is a cool concept, however as the hero cannot be damaged or die while in the tower, it may need a timer or cooldown or something. And yeah, welcome :D
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by SealDarklight » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Its similar to my ideas and allot from others ideas. I think it should be added in KR4
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 pm

I think it would be really cool as some of sort of spell, giving it a cooldown, but one much longer than the others and more powerful as well. It would make the fusion of hero and tower seem really awesome if we gave it a balance-wise excuse to be extremely powerful. :D

By the way, welcome the forums! I hope you can stay for many more posts! :D
BBB