Night mission concept art

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Night mission concept art

by kevin32 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Basically, you can't tell which creeps you're fighting until they enter in tower range. For increased difficulty (and a sense of realism), all towers' visible range during night missions is reduced by 30%. Either that, or all towers keep level 1 visible range, no matter how high they're upgraded. Dimumurray suggested a similar idea here.

Last edited by kevin32 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

Re: Night mission concept art

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Sounds pretty cool. I support it as a concept for a specific Elite Stage so that it's more likely to end up in the game. ;)

I think that upgrading towers should increase the vision range, but not by much. Maybe half the tower's normal range is visible light, otherwise most of the map will be in the light very quickly and make the concept have no influence after a certain point.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm

This reminds me of Cursed Treasure 2. ;)

I support this idea; it seems pretty awesome.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Question: What about hero vision? Some, like Captain Blackthorne, can detect enemies in melee from a massive distance, and others, like Nivus and Eridan, have massive range for their projectiles (well, Nivus shoots a beam, not a projectile, but still) and would see very far.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Question: What about hero vision? Some, like Captain Blackthorne, can detect enemies in melee from a massive distance, and others, like Nivus and Eridan, have massive range for their projectiles (well, Nivus shoots a beam, not a projectile, but still) and would see very far.

Why does that make a difference? Heroes with better sight would just have more sight range.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Question: What about hero vision? Some, like Captain Blackthorne, can detect enemies in melee from a massive distance, and others, like Nivus and Eridan, have massive range for their projectiles (well, Nivus shoots a beam, not a projectile, but still) and would see very far.

Why does that make a difference? Heroes with better sight would just have more sight range.

That makes heroes with good range even stronger and throws off the balance.
BBB

by kevin32 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Hmmm. Haven't considered this aspect. Well, off the top of my head, 2 things:

- First, Hero's visible range increases with each level, so a level 10 hero would have the same visible range as say, a level 1 mage tower (Dragon heroes slightly larger).

- Second, Long range skills (including tower skills) can only be cast on creeps in visible range of the hero or tower. Any projectile skills would traverse the map and hit only creeps in visible range of other towers as well.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:54 pm

kevin32 wrote:Long range skills (including tower skills) can only be cast on creeps in visible range of the hero or tower. Any projectile skills would traverse the map and hit only creeps in visible range of other towers as well.

So, projectiles can fly over dark areas as long as they're aimed at visible areas?

Also, what if enemies move into dark areas? The projectiles could miss, encouraging using barracks and reinforcements to keep enemies blocked in well-lit areas. :)
BBB

by kevin32 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:So, projectiles can fly over dark areas as long as they're aimed at visible areas?

Correct.

Big Bad Bug wrote:Also, what if enemies move into dark areas? The projectiles could miss, encouraging using barracks and reinforcements to keep enemies blocked in well-lit areas. :)

Brilliant. With the right execution it sounds like it'll be quite a challenge.
User

by SealDarklight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:05 pm

That sounds amazing. I want that in the Next or Next next or Next week or Next of 99 sequels of KR
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Kevin are you secretly Pencil? Ironhide has to have hired you by now.
BBB

by kevin32 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:01 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Kevin are you secretly Pencil? Ironhide has to have hired you by now.

Please don't insult The Lord Almighty Pencil by elevating me to his level. I'm not worthy.
User

by dimumurray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:04 pm

**Clears Throat Loudly**....

Quote from thread Underground campaign posted circa 2012

dimumurray wrote:+1
I was wondering what kind of new terrains the dev team would come up with for the sequel.

Looks like we have a seriously awesome candidate here. From a game design perspective, an underground level may lend itself well to F.O.W. (Fog of War) tactics a la games like Advanced wars and the like.

Basically FOW means that in a given environment (underground in this case) a tower has limited visibility (and therefore limited attack range). Some towers (like the fire towers from Earendel's post) could increase their range of visibility (and that of their surrounding towers) as the player upgrades them. What also would be nice, is that for creeps outside the visibility of a tower, you only see their glowing eyes as they move through the darkness of the caves. And as for pop culture references I could easily envision the wailing echoes of some wretched creature muttering "my preciousssssss...." coming from the depths of the caves. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Your idea is nullified because it doesn't have fanart like Kevin's post. ;)
BBB

by RZRider » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Cool
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!