[Suggestion] PVP System

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

[Suggestion] PVP System

by Kitler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 am

Now I know KR2 is in 'very early Alpha' and something like this would take monumental effort, but if anything has proven to extend the lifespan of a single product it would be these in this order :

1. Multiplayer
2. Competitive play
3. Moddability
4. DLC

What we'll cover in this topic is points 1,2 and maybe 4.

That up there is all I'm saying to try and convince you guys this is a good idea, from here on we'll talk about the usual ways in which TD does player vs player ;)

I believe the original method was conceived by Line Tower Wars, which was originally a Warcraft 3 custom map. You got periodic income which you would spend on towering up or sending hordes of enemies at your opponent (you buy enemies from a menu), and sending enemies contributed to making your income bigger, so it boiled down to balancing your defensive and offensive expenditure so that your enemy runs out of lives before you do.

There is another method that would be unique to KR right now because of the barracks system, do away with the creep-menu at least partially, and let your own spawning structures play the role of pushing into the enemy base.

What this means is that your soldiers will not be tied to a rally point as before, but rather keep moving forwards as long as nothing blocks their way. Of course, some balance adjustments would need to be made so that your soldiers don't drop like flies before the might of their towers, but you get the idea.

There is also the fact that you can quite easily create simple benefits that people would be more inclined to buy in a competitive game.

So what do ya say? ;)
User

Re: [Suggestion] PVP System

by Epicazeroth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 am

What they could do is make it so that you can do a click-and-drag system so that you can control whatever troops you highlighted with the keyboard.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Kitler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 am

even on the ipad, i imagine trying to select individual troops to control when they're all clustering up would make for a very frustrating experience, so individual unit micro is best left untouched. Just have options to either hold position at a rally point or attack continuously.
User

by Julian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:52 am

To extend the lifespan of a single product, the best option would be
player created content in my humble opinion ^^ It might not suit
Kingdom Rush that much, but at least more than a multiplayer mode
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by suin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 pm

what you guys said is pretty good but that would make a totally different game other than KR, which means we might have to wait for a long time before we could play it. Maybe its better to keep it as simple as you can. And the VS mode might be set like this: both(or more)the rivals will be given the same certain amount of initial money, and face the same random enemies on some level. As time goes by, the enemies will be stronger and stronger, and the one who survives longer wins.
User

by Kitler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm

^ you can accomplish that right now in KR. Rules are no using stars, start together, play Sarelgaz Lair or something.

And I think it's better not to do a VS mode than do a fake pvp where you and the other player don't actually interact.

Comparing multiplayer to modding for importance is not what we're discussing in this thread, and would be hard to prove at any rate. But user-created content I judged would be harder to implement in a way that doesn't affect quality.
User

by deti » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Co-Op with an endless mode is the only way I see it can be made multiplayer. Splitting tower positions between both people.
User

by suin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:41 pm

you may call it a fake pvp, but the interacting part actually could be added into the game in some way. For example, you may put the "punishing system" into KR-VS mode, like if you get some bounty by killing enemies, your opponent will lose the corresponding money (or less) , which is gonna speed up the game. And if u pre-call a wave, your rival will get other punishments like the towers will be frozen for a few seconds.
User

by Kitler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 pm

then it's not fake pvp anymore is it?

I still feel that it would be wasting an opportunity to use the barracks system KR has going though.
User

by suin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:51 pm

the punishing money reduction might be set as a proportion like 1 out of 4, and when the coin counter says a number below 0, the scale will be lowered to 1/8, which encourages using up the money as possible as you can
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 am

I don't know anything about programming, but using common sense, it seems like PvP or PvCPU like in #2 would be pretty easy because the towers and soldiers are already planned, so I would think the rally system would just have to be removed. I might be wrong because as I said, I know nothing about programming.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by suin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:19 am

its been confirmed there wont be any pvp system in KR2, so I dont think its a piece of cake actually
User

by Giangreymon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah~!
http://shadowscythe.minitroopers.com *pls visit and create an army in the link*
Image Image
*Eat without seasoning! if you do nuht follow mah order!* -daz hou evil cookie crumbles- >:D
User

by Epicazeroth » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm

*cough*cough spamming *cough
Image Image
User

by Kitler » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:22 pm

To consider multiplayer of any sort a piece of cake would be callow. It is wise not to bite off more than you can chew, but the fans can always hope :)
User