10 Suggestions To Push KR:F To Next Level

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

10 Suggestions To Push KR:F To Next Level

by finallyanime » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:25 pm

1. (Realized) Option to cloud sync: at the moment I have bought both apps on both my iPad and iPhone & it's always fun to revisit certain areas and such, but I find myself on the iPad almost exclusively not because the iPhone version is bad...no not at all, but because I have to do it over again and I don't really remember the specific layout of towers I used/etc. Infinity blade implemented cloud saves in the 2nd installment so I know it's more than possible. Pleaseeeee, it'd be very nice.

2. Unlimited Defense/"Puzzle"/Boss Rush Mode: I rarely like unlimited anything because I'm not too great at it, but I think it'd be a good idea for this game. Pick a map (maybe change/add some tower-building points if needed), then let it begin! I guess the biggest question would be if these waves were random...or pre-constructed.

Secondly, a puzzle option would possibly be cool with preset puzzles on a last wave or perhaps working with a certain hero (informing us what powers/traits we have of course), then letting is figure it out like a chess game. Idk if it'd work as well as in my head, but it's an idea :p

Lastly, a boss rush mode would be really fun! Give us some fodder waves first and slightly more money to build up forces, then let the boss come out...then go on to the next stage and do it again! Definitely would be fun and challenging.

3. a) Ability to buy heroes with gems
b) or unlocked after certain stages/achievents/veteran completions
c) with OPTION to unlock all at $4.99:

A couple of you probably already know my distaste towards the in-app purchases. I don't mind supporting creators, but what I mind is when some potentially vital pieces of a game are only available for purchase. When I saw the gem system and how you can buy items to help w/the battlefield, I thought it was genius & at that, we got a more-than-reasonable amount of gems after each battle. Usually apps will make you pay or give you the option to pay along with earning if you want. So the heroes thing really surprised me because kingdom rush is one of the only polished games I've seen that didn't give you the option to earn things through normal play.

I don't know if you get a prize for beating certain levels aside from stars/achievements, but after grinding and spending time and time again on stages, it'd be nice to get a reward of a new hero. Have something to look forward to instead of just knowing we beat it. ORRR allow us to buy them with gems. Starting at 1.5k gems for the .99 ones, then 3k for the 2.99 ones and 5-6k for the 4.99 ones. I think that'd be MORE than fair. AND add to the playability of the game.

And if that still doesn't entice you, then 4.99 for everything I sincerely think would garner more money than this current plan. I'd bet sales would go up because of the steam effect: you see so much for a deal and buy them all even if you weren't planning on it.

4. Ability to set unit flags to "neutral:" essentially I like to flag all my units all the time, BUT there are sometimes when it'd be easier to have it so you can decide to have units (barracks) run to anyone within their area (only after the current for is defeated). And contrarily, having other towers without units (artillery/archers) be directed to fire in a certain area with priority (a flag) would be amazzinggggg! Just saying. At least something like that.

5. When selecting barracks/hero/other-units, please make them lightly flash instead of the blue tiny circle underneath: in short, things can get hairy fast & when I NEED to know where my hero is, many times in panic I've forgotten where he/she is & have lost to a veteran wave because that ONE for gets by. By changing it so your units quickly flash, it allows me to easier see what I'm selecting when myriads of enemies are out on the field potentially enveloping units visually.

6. Warning chime/red flash when hero is about to die or enemies close to the exit: pretty self-explanatory...someone already brought up the suggestion about the hero though.

7. Ability to access the encyclopedia during a match/raid: I've eventually gotten to memorize a couple enemy types but sometimes it's easy to forget who has how much magic resistance if any/etc. When I see "giant wasp" I might be guessing, "are these the orange ones or the big ones?...or maybe those are called matriarch/royal/queen wasps...or maybe only the spider has that title....." See? It's confusing to keep track sometimes & also nice for planning a couple things out much better instead of quitting and restarting constantly because I've forgotten stats.

8. Achievement tracking: just like in steam when you collect 5 relics and need 10...the notification pops up you're almost there? If possible that'd e cool.

9. Ability to double-tap/click to buy upgrades & downgrade: it's not too bad for iPhone but for iPad it can be weird always going to one side of the screen than the other...and if you get something wrong you can't just undo it...you have to reset.

10. Ability to "clear menu/UI" after stage finished so you can see/remember/take picture of where you put towers: a couple times I've barely lost, but had a clearly winning layout, but got careless or was taken off guard. When it comes to taking a quick glance to see what I've done I can't because this huge menu item is in front of everything. Please change this :/
Last edited by finallyanime on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

Re: 10 Suggestions To Push KR:F To Next Level

by BrerBear » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 pm

I think an even better variant of your #10 would be to let us replay a level with the same layout. Having to re-buy towers and reposition troops to the same spots after every attempt is tedious.
User

by warbot1000 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

these are really good suggestions

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by kevin32 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 pm

A lot of good suggestions here. I think saving your tower setup for a stage would be nice......especially for stages like Rotten Forest hard mode.

User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by Zonoro13 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:36 am

I agree with all of these except for 3.
1. Heroes are not vital to the game.
2. What about all the people who have already bought every hero, willingly? The prices are fair.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Sanzuwu13 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:07 am

Zonoro13 wrote:I agree with all of these except for 3.
2. What about all the people who have already bought every hero, willingly? The prices are fair.

Or got them as a reward for services rendered in beta testing.

As for your first suggestion, you can have cloud saves if you play on FLASH!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Point taken though, no cloud saves and Fungal Forest, etc. in same game.
User

Location: Ha'Kraj Plateau, recruiting trolls and half-trolls for the forces of good

by finallyanime » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I agree with all of these except for 3.

4.99 for one hero.

don't worry i'll wait...
User

by shadownight » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 am

Zonoro wrote:I agree with all of these except for 3.

I agree with zonoro :|

User

by finallyanime » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

Not to be rude but I could care less...give the, extra gems then for an equal amount they purchased so they can buy heroes they haven't gotten...idk just saying its stupid and for you/anyone to think the prices are fair need help. Nothing personal, but it doesn't take a business class to know this...even though I have taken them.
User

by ANeonChicken » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 am

this how they make money and stop complaining about heroes you don't need to buy them :yey:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm

ANeonChicken wrote:this how they make money and stop complaining about heroes you don't need to buy them :yey:

I bought them all anyways, support for Ironhide! :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:
BBB

by ANeonChicken » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
ANeonChicken wrote:this how they make money and stop complaining about heroes you don't need to buy them :yey:

I bought them all anyways, support for Ironhide! :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey: :yey:

I almost bought all of them only missing two
User

by deoxsis12 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:51 am

Bought every hero, both games 8-)
Grawl for president! Get your free pet rock today!

Mission Report December 16 1991...
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 am

ANeonChicken wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:

I almost bought all of them only missing two

Who's left?
BBB

by ANeonChicken » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 am

Actually missing three: Kutsao, Grawl, and Karkinos
User

by Zonoro13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:41 am

ANeonChicken wrote:Actually missing three: Kutsao, Grawl, and Karkinos

Get Kutsao. He's awesome, my third favorite after Dante and Nivus.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
ANeonChicken wrote:Actually missing three: Kutsao, Grawl, and Karkinos

Get Kutsao. He's awesome, my third favorite after Dante and Nivus.

Don't get Kutsao, he heals slowly and doesn't do enough damage, even at level 10. He was made to dish out high numbers quickly, but Dante fulfills that role better, and you already have him.

Grawl and Karkinos should be left un-purchased as well.
BBB

by Zonoro13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Don't get Kutsao, he heals slowly and doesn't do enough damage, even at level 10. He was made to dish out high numbers quickly, but Dante fulfills that role better, and you already have him.

Get Kutsao, he can kill a Bloodshell and dodges 3/5 of all attacks with a powerful counter.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Don't get Kutsao, he heals slowly and doesn't do enough damage, even at level 10. He was made to dish out high numbers quickly, but Dante fulfills that role better, and you already have him.

Get Kutsao, he can kill a Bloodshell and dodges 3/5 of all attacks with a powerful counter.

Sha'tra can kill a Bloodshells in half a second.

Dante respawns so fast, heals so fast, and has 100 more health than Kutsao, so he is still unnecessary.
BBB

by Zonoro13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:

Sha'tra can kill a Bloodshells in half a second.

Dante respawns so fast, heals so fast, and has 100 more health than Kutsao, so he is still unnecessary.

I agree, Dante is better than Kutsao. But Kutsao can beat a Bloodshell in melee, Sha'tra can only do it ranged and he cheats anyway.
-Terry Pratchett

User

Next