Current Tower Upgrades

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Current Tower Upgrades

by Kyouzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I previously let my feeling known in regards to the upgrade from Militia to Footman Tower could use slightly more attack power
Here are other upgrades I feel should be bumped a little to make them compatible,

Ranger Tower Wrath of Forest - Currently upgrades 2 and 3 only increase the length that Wrath of the Forest Holds enemies, which also effects total damage (1 second 80 damage, 2 Seconds 120 damage, 3 seconds 160 damage) - I typically hardly ever use this upgrade I try to but finding situations I feel it's worth it are rare. Possible upgrades include reducing reload time by 1 second on the 2nd and 3rd upgrade, or increase damage per second by 10 each on the 2nd or 3rd upgrade. By comparison, the Big Bertha Dragon Launcher's upgrades also only increase damage by 40 each time, but it only cost 75 for each additional upgrade

Berserker Tower 2 axes and Nets - Cost 300 to increase berserkers attack by 10 on the initial level, level 2 and 3 only cost 100 but still only increase damage by 10. I hardly ever find this upgrade worth it. Suggestions are to decrease initial cost to 200, and/or increase the attack boost by 5-10 for each level gained. I mean they have low Armor, and by the time you get them your facing waves and waves of armored enemies that can kill them fairly quickly, they should at least be best offensive ground troop. Right now they're outclassed by the "Sirs" since they're Holy Strike does high damage and AOE and have much better armor.
As for Nets I hardly ever use Nets, Flying enemies are usually taken care of by a mix of Ranger Tower with poison and Big Bertha Dragon Breath missiles and assorted magic towers of course. The biggest reason I hardly ever use nets was that they don't slow down ground units either, They should be able to at least throw nets at small targets, or the Nets should be able to do damage, or take away a flying enemies flying ability and bring it down to the ground for some Axe action. I don't know if nets do the last one already since its been so long since I used them.

Tesla Tower everything
Its just in short inferior to Big Bertha, BB has a wide range due to Dragon Breath missiles. Cluster bombs (which are handy although I feel they could use a small damage increase in upgrades 2 and 3), and it just packs more Raw power. There are a couple of things you can do to improve the Tesla Tower. You could increase its Attack speed from Very Slow, to just Slow. Which would also help with Overcharge, and/or you can make its "lightning" ignore Armor, which will also help with Supercharged Bolt, If you do both I'd recomment slightly lowering its Lightning Damage

Really the only level I've used Tesla Tower effectively is one of the Ruins of Acoroths Challenge that was mostly wulves and other mass low hp units
User

Re: Current Tower Upgrades

by Cheesecake » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Wrath of the forest-May seem pricey, but really is worth it. I dont know if armor reduces damage, but if not, that's very helpful against enemies like dark slayers. A few strategies for where to use Wrath of the forest:
-Near big bertha or other artillery towers(holds enemies in place, and also does massive damage)
-In an intersection where enemies meet(more enemies trapped, more effectiveness, more satisfaction)
-Near the end of levels(holds them down while they can still be attacked so they dont get through)

Barbarian double axes-Again, may seem pricey, but is a good deal.
-Remember that it effects all 3 barbarians, so it's a pretty good deal
-Very powerful for barracks units, since most of them aren't too strong

Barbarian nets-Simply put, nets dont do much. That's why they cost 150, then 75.

Tesla tower-Here I agree with you. Big bertha is so much better, and the upgrades are super cheap, even though they are very useful. Tesla, on the other hand, is only good for large groups of low armored enemies. If you use it at all, try putting it near graveyards.
Last edited by Cheesecake on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by Kyouzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm

The "only" thing I use Barbarians for are throwing axes, which is awesome and needs no change. I was referring to the 2 Axes ability which increases melee damage by 10 each level. Hell the Throwing Axes are only 200 for their initial purchase.

Wrath of Forest, maybe they can reduce the price of upgrades 2 and 3 on them then.
User

by Julian » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Wrath of the Forest is great in my opinion, and often more useful than the Ranger's Hideout's poison.
Being able to hold several enemies on the same place for multiple seconds is very handy and it instantaneously kills skeletons :D

I do agree that the Barbarian's net ability is a fail though. Luckily the devs adressed this in the iPad version by changing it
to whirlwind, an AOE damage skill, but I would like to see the same change in the flash version. The barbarian's 2 axes ability
is really important for them to be useful though, as it considerably increases their damage output and I like that one as it is.

And the Tesla X104 is indeed weak in comparison to the Big Bertha and is actually only really useful in wave 2 of heroic level 10,
by being able to kill 85 wulves using its overcharge ability. It looks way cooler though, and I would love it if the devs would upgrade
the Tesla. There's a really simple way to balance artillery out: change the Tesla's damage from physical to magic damage and you're done ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Kyouzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

For 2 Axes, I'd say it'd be fine if they lower the original cost from 300 to 200, and they increased its growth range. ie 10min-15max damage each level. That way its damage is 46-69 instead of 46-54. The Paladins are able to do 75-135 with Holy Strike and thats an AOE attack to boot.

Poison is handy for wounding groups of armored enemies as well as picking Necro's out of mobs of skele's since they won't aim at stuff they can't poison unless there is nothing they can poison.

I'll concede Wrath of the Forest, I went and re-evaluated my opinion of it after reading your guys thoughts then tried it myself. Fun fact, place a Rangers Tower with wrath of the forest near a Arcane Wizard Tower with Teleport, It's funny watching things get held in place, then teleported, then held in place again.

Poison could be a little cheaper, How say ye to 200 gold per upgrade?
User

by Cheesecake » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Kyouzilla wrote:It's funny watching things get held in place, then teleported, then held in place again.

I've got to try that, it sounds so cool :D
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by Kyouzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

I stalled 2 Dark Slayers doing that it was hi-larry-us
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Or add a chance of insta-kill via electrocution to the Tesla. Or a skill where the Tesla has different attacks like the Big Bertha - like normal bolt, ball lightning, etc.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I disagree with you about the Wrath of the forest spell, it is quite useful.
And the fact that can insta kill skeletons and worgs is also useful.

The double axes ability is ok IMO, for the cost of 500 it is not that expensive.
Holy strike may be better but it is only a chance of happening.
And if you get three barbarians fighting an enemy it'll do 138-162 damage.
I agree that hunting nets ability needs to be changed. They should replace it with
Whirlwind from iPad or at least turn flying enemies into ground enemies for some seconds

The tesla is weak compared to the big bertha. Some ways to fix it are making it have
irresistible damage, make it have the speed of a level 1 mage, or replace overcharge with
a paralyzing effect.
ded

by Kyouzilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

TheHallMonitor wrote:The double axes ability is ok IMO, for the cost of 500 it is not that expensive.
Holy strike may be better but it is only a chance of happening.
And if you get three barbarians fighting an enemy it'll do 138-162 damage.

To max out Holy Strike it only costs 520, so its not like 2 axes is much cheaper than Holy Strike
That's like saying three Paladins fighting one enemy will do between 36-405 damage, you'll very rarely ever get Barbarians in a situation where they'll only be fighting one target anyway.
The only things Barbarians have over Le Sir's is being able to throw axes and higher minimum damage, Sure most of the time they will be doing less damage than a barbarian but they can live 2-3 times longer -and- heal themselves.
Paladins are bulkier and have a higher damage potential, I just think the Barbarians should have a consistent higher damage potential., all I was suggesting was lowering the cost of the first 2 Axes upgrade to 200 and having each level increase maximum damage by an additional 5.
User

by tjk999 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 pm

At first i thought the double axes upgrade was useless too untill i realized not only does it increase damage, it also basically doubles their attack rate since they do two attacks at a time with it since the swing the axes one after another. Although like everyone else i agree the tesla tower is to weak.
User

by danray » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:47 am

I think that no tower is inferior to another, that is why I like this game so much.
The devs were brilliant enough to come up with unique styles of combat.
Like between a paladin, a barbarian, and an assassin what else is there?
They are all unique styles of combat.
User