Traps

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Traps

by Simmonds91 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested before but how about having traps available to place along the path? It could be a gnome shop item.

I thought about it when someone here mentioned kamikaze sheep in another thread, well why not? Go to the shop, choose the kamikaze sheep from the list of traps and place a few on the path?

There could be a variety of traps, they don't all have to cause damage like a traditional spike trap, it could be a pitfall that drops an enemy or two (or more) further up the path, so basically the opposite of the god kings quicksand power or a man/woman with a free hugs sign that hugs (or pets) an enemy for a few seconds (soooo a non violent barracks/reinforcements)

There could be traps like the meteor power that annhialates the enemy (I was thinking a trip wire that once tripped sends a giant boulder rolling down or opens up a dam and wash them down the path) or damage over time traps like a small acid lake (like the necromancers special ability).

More than anything though i'd like to see crazy and silly traps like the kamikaze sheep and free hugs person mentioned earlier.

Any thoughts on this?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Traps

by shadownight » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Well this is good suggestion

User

by Saurian » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Traps can happen, but only on one level or miniquest (like Shrine of Regnos) would fit the game. You click a shop (Like Nazeru's Lamp Shop) and it offers you to place a trap, like drunken pirates. Then you buy it, tap and drag (like you are building a wall in most RTS games, this will manage the direction of trap, not length) and congratz! You placed a few Bolin mine-ish traps that will detonate on enemy collision. By dragging cross the path, you can cover all the path and by dragging parallel, you can deal great one-target damage.

I know, it didn't fit your dreams but it may be too complicated else. Maybe if you only open the floodgate which is fixed at the level, then water releases and damages and slows enemies in the pond for a while etc. In tower defenses enemy traps you, not you trap him so feel free to comment.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by Simmonds91 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:56 pm

My ideas were just general yknow? Nothing set in stone, your idea on the other hand is a bit more realistic, something that could honestly be implemented. :)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 pm

There could be set points on the map where a carpenters shop resides and for some gold this carpenter will construct a barricade of sorts on the path momentarilly blocking the enemy until they smash through it. There could be different types each costing a bit more than the last, a rough Barricade made out of wood, a half decent barricade made of stone (rocks and whatnot) and a modern brick wall.

This could even be a tower much like a barracks, the higher the tier the stronger wall and repair rate. one advanced tier wall could perhaps have the option to add turrets.
User

by TheAlbanian » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 am

What if the destroyed walls were preset? And you can repair them for some Gold. Mainly because this would be easier to implement in the game.
"Football is a simple game, but is difficult to play simple." -Johann Cruijff
User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:12 am

Thats fine, its basically the same thing isn't it, preset walls/preset wall shop... If somewhat simplified.
User

by Simmonds91 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:22 pm

bumping because i almost made a new thread about traps and forgot about this.

how about traps being available right before the first wave appears? a dwarven sapper is hired to place tnt etc. at points on the map. it can only be used at the very beginning of the level, you cant use it whenever like every other gnome shop item. it will give the games a bit more strategy i think.

the traps dont need to be complicated, i tried to make them so back when i made this thread, yknow, loads of variety etc. but i think some tnt planted in the ground for some coins will suffice.

I said dwarven sapper but it doesnt have to be dwarven.
User