Tower Possesion

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Tower Possesion

by tmn loveblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Ashbite wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:How about it possess Barracks?

Way to make Barracks UP.

Is that an issue?

We could have enemies that require soldiers to defeat.
User

by Ashbite » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Making a tower UP compared to other is always an issue.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Ashbite wrote:Making a tower UP compared to other is always an issue.

We have issues with Bluegales, apparently.
User

by Ashbite » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:43 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:

Other enemies in this campaign were weak against mages or Assassins.
If you make only Barracks able to be possessed, people will be reluctant to use them.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Ashbite wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:

Other enemies in this campaign were weak against mages or Assassins.
If you make only Barracks able to be possessed, people will be reluctant to use them.

I am thinking of a kind of enemy that moves rapidly with decent health or armor to surpass artilleries, or one that require blocking in other ways, that is numerous enough to make Barracks fun to use in the campaign.
User

by Simmonds91 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 am

The only way i think tower/barrack possesion could work is if the possesion lasts maybe... 10 seconds max or it is a power that can be cured by clicking like J.T's ice attack.

I suggest having warning signs? Before the possesion takes effect they... Flash to signify they are getting taken over? And in that time if you click on the towers affected or kill the being casting the spell (the flashing or whatever warning sign would be the possesions casting time) then it stops it taking effect, like veznans tower disabling magic.

If you fail to stop it then the timer comes into effect.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Ashbite » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 am

Simmonds91 wrote:The only way i think tower/barrack possesion could work is if the possesion lasts maybe... 10 seconds max or it is a power that can be cured by clicking like J.T's ice attack.

I suggest having warning signs? Before the possesion takes effect they... Flash to signify they are getting taken over? And in that time if you click on the towers affected or kill the being casting the spell (the flashing or whatever warning sign would be the possesions casting time) then it stops it taking effect, like veznans tower disabling magic.

If you fail to stop it then the timer comes into effect.

If you were playing, and knew that only barracks can be taken over, would you choose to use Barracks? No.
Also, what would they attack anyways.

User

by Simmonds91 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Um, i havent really been following this thread but i assumed it went for every tower, if its just barracks then they could refuse to fight, boost the enemies attack or become enemies themselves, the barracks becoming a spawn point for them like the grave that spawns skeletons.

If you can prevnt it from happening then its not a problem, people wouldnt stop using them. "oh no! J.T or veznan is able to disable my towers if i dont click my towers fast enough! Im not using towers because of that!" :roll:
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Ashbite » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Um, i havent really been following this thread but i assumed it went for every tower, if its just barracks then they could refuse to fight, boost the enemies attack or become enemies themselves, the barracks becoming a spawn point for them like the grave that spawns skeletons.

If you can prevnt it from happening then its not a problem, people wouldnt stop using them. "oh no! J.T or veznan is able to disable my towers if i dont click my towers fast enough! Im not using towers because of that!" :roll:

That's different...you can still use 3 more tower types if you refuse to use Barracks.

User

by Simmonds91 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Its not that different and if you refuse to use the barracks then you limit yourself, you make the map a little harder when you dont need to, not if this spell is reversable and lasts only a short time.

That is if this possesion can be undone before it activates of course and if the possesion is for only a short time if it succeeds.

Say what you want ashbite, people wont stop using barracks for something so insignificant, barracks are too useful.
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 am

How about this. When the enemy, preferably a boss, encounter your men, it summons copies of them with the same or slightly stronger/weaker stats that force them into melee, disabling them from blocking other, more urgent threats or make them vulnerable to ranged enemies.
User

by warbot1000 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:36 am

Ashbite wrote:
Simmonds91 wrote:Um, i havent really been following this thread but i assumed it went for every tower, if its just barracks then they could refuse to fight, boost the enemies attack or become enemies themselves, the barracks becoming a spawn point for them like the grave that spawns skeletons.

That's different...you can still use 3 more tower types if you refuse to use Barracks.

why dont you just have the boss come along after a bunch of dune terrors (i might have got the name wrong, the sand wormlike creatures which can only be stopped by barracks.) and then when the boss is at half and one quater of his health summon a few more of them to ensure that the defender has to use barracks

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

Previous