iCloud progress saves and resume

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

iCloud progress saves and resume

by kylecs » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 pm

This is by far my favorite iOS game franchise and in my opinion the best TD franchise ever. However, there are two missing features that drive me crazy.

1. No ability to save progress. iCloud saving ability would be ideal, but it seems that you should at least be able export basic information about progress to a CSV file for backup and restore purposes.

2. These levels take a long time. A lot of people will not be able to finish some levels in one sitting. They'll get interrupted and have to switch out of the app or put the iPad down and come back later. Sometimes when I come back to KR (any version) it works and I can resume. Other times, I come back and the main menu loads!! After spending 30 minute playing a level, I have to start all over again!

Please fix at least the second issue.
User

Re: iCloud progress saves and resume

by Zonoro13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:58 pm

iOS has cloud saving.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Njordy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 am

I am not sure how iCloud saves works. I need to click «cloud↑» every time I want it to be updated in the cloud? Why such a weird implementation? Why can't it just sync slot to slot?

______

Plus, I don't understand, will all GC achievements sync too? And what about heroes? I purchased one on iPad version and haven't on the iPhone. If I sync the progress/slot/game, will the hero be available on both of my devices?
User

by Krest » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Please add the second point! I keep losing progress, so I stopped playing. This morning I tried again, and lost my progress again. I won't buy the new game if this is not a feature (I have the first two).
User

by The Blademaster » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:59 pm

As Zonoro said, iOS has cloud saves, but you can't save your progress, only the game.
User

by Krest » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:45 pm

I know you can't that's why I'm asking in the suggestions forum to add that functionality.
User

by magicmetal03 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 pm

KR and KRF on mobile isn't being developed. So, they won't do anything about the old games.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Krest » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Ah, I see how my post was a bit ambiguous about that. I added that I had the two games more for context, but mostly I would really really like it if they would add level progress saving to the new game, so I can buy it :)
User