iOS 6 or greater! I'm begging you!

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

iOS 6 or greater! I'm begging you!

by ConManWatches » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 am

First of all, I love you, Ironhide Studios! I've sunk more than $20 and 200 hours into both Kingdom Rush and its sequel Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. These games are truly entertaining to the core, and when I discovered a third installment would be released, I was pumped. But alas! Only iOS 7 or higher can access Kingdom Rush: Origins! I've been religiously playing the other two games on my trusty iPod: 4th Generation, and I was incredibly disappointed when I realized I might never get to play the third game. I and many others would be willing to buy the game on our older, slightly outdated systems. Could you at least tell me if there might be an update soon that allows owners of lower iOS devices to get the game?
User

Re: iOS 6 or greater! I'm begging you!

by Chimto » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:45 am

Update your device. They can't keep developing games for lower iOS versions.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by ConManWatches » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Do you know how much an iPhone costs? Their last two games were supported by iOS 5 or higher; I wish they didn't make the iOS jump with this one.
User

by dimumurray » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:38 pm

If you're willing to give up the portability of a handheld device and play the game on your PC you can try using an Android emulator like Andy or Bluestacks.
User

by aznalan15 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:31 pm

dimumurray wrote:If you're willing to give up the portability of a handheld device and play the game on your PC you can try using an Android emulator like Andy or Bluestacks.

If he was going to play it on PC then why not Steam or Flash?
User

by dimumurray » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:05 pm

aznalan15 wrote:
dimumurray wrote:If you're willing to give up the portability of a handheld device and play the game on your PC you can try using an Android emulator like Andy or Bluestacks.

Ironhide has already stated that they will no longer be developing for the flash platform. Additionally they have no plans to port kingdom rush origins to the PC (check their facebook page for details). Hence the emulator option.
User

by aznalan15 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:18 pm

dimumurray wrote:
aznalan15 wrote:

Ironhide has already stated that they will no longer be developing for the flash platform. Additionally they have no plans to port kingdom rush origins to the PC (check their facebook page for details). Hence the emulator option.

Gotcha.
User