Endless Mode: Hao2fix

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Endless Mode: Hao2fix

by billakoz16 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Galathon wrote:Only 2 thing need to be done to this mode and i think it will be enough for a fair and enjoyable game.
1-) Webspitter Spiders must be removed from endless mode.
2-) Catapult's firing period and damage must be reduced by %67.

That's all.

Just out of curiosity... why "67%"? Seems a rather specific number.

It is the rounding of 2 thirds.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Raorboars are just as strong, if not more, then Webspitters. I don't think that removing them would help very much.
BBB

by Galathon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Galathon wrote:Only 2 thing need to be done to this mode and i think it will be enough for a fair and enjoyable game.
1-) Webspitter Spiders must be removed from endless mode.
2-) Catapult's firing period and damage must be reduced by %67.

That's all.

Just out of curiosity... why "67%"? Seems a rather specific number.

:D
I could say 2/3 too. Nothing special.
I suggested that number after observing and comparing catapult throws , horde counts and barracks respawn periods.
Simply everytime i see the catapults bombardment , they're throwing bombs killing your barracks and reinforcement defenses and replacing your soldiers with lots of enemies at the same time. Let's say you have fully upgraded barracks with full health on the upper exit point.On early waves (<60) You may barely hold the horde with a good strategy at that point. But everytime catapults starts rapid bombing they erase your defense at that point + placing lots of enemies joining with others.Suddenly the picture turns down 180 degrees in 2 seconds.They're doing the same thing again and again before your soldiers are respawned.This is not fair :P . Since your defense power is limited and there's no way to resist this kind of flood attack.
Bombing the soldiers acceptable...fine.
But placing enemies at the same time is not fair . That's what i meant. This makes the barracks completely useless after some point.Also catapults are going mad sometimes.They're not behaving same on each gameplay. Sometimes they have infinite bombartment at wave 45. Sometimes they're pretty calm, you don't see any abnormal bombartment until 55 - 60.
Yesterday i made to wave 63 , today %100 exact with the same strategy i died on wave 47 because of this catapult and webspitter spams. Is this normal? 8-)

Also , throwed enemies by catapults are not giving any single gold. :?
Last edited by Galathon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User

by Galathon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 pm

edit...
User

by Galathon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Raorboars are just as strong, if not more, then Webspitters. I don't think that removing them would help very much.

Yes their hp increases lot and they run-pass through your defenses.But if you ask me fighting with razorboards are much easier than webspitters. Razorboard's hp could be much higher but if ypu able to block couple of them they can't pass your soldiers like webspitters.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Galathon wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Razorboars are just as strong, if not more, then Webspitters. I don't think that removing them would help very much.

Yes, their hp increases a lot and they run/pass through your defenses, but if you ask me, fighting with Razorboars is much easier than with Webspitters. Razorboard's hp could be much higher, but if you are able to block a couple of them, then they can't pass your soldiers like Webspitters.

True, but they deal immense damage, making them able to kill the Elves rather than simply trap them momentarily. This is especially deadly in Origins since barracks have very slow respawns (14 for normal soldiers, 15 for Bladesingers, and 12 for FKs) compared to other barracks. Plus, Runed Bears can quite easily counter Webspitters when grouped with FKs. Razorboars require a more elaborate strategy to take down, which can be impossible to execute in the bedlam of Endless Mode.
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:50 pm

The stats increase can be deadly, but Razorboars do not appear as often as Webspitters, which makes them far less threatening. Advanced Mages can kill them quite easily, but Advanced Archers and Druids cannot do the same to Webspitters.

Runed Bears cannot be webbed?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:30 pm

The only unit immune to webbing is Vez'nan's demon, but Runed Bears can tank the web skill while FKs slow down Spiders to be killed by Silver Oak Spears and other towers. It goes great in combination with Clobber, as stunned enemies can't recharge their skills.
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:09 am

Understood. I have always had problem with Webspitters.

Talking about Runed Bears, are they immune to being instant killed by Heretics? I haven't got the chance to try it out.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:53 am

tmn loveblue wrote:Understood. I have always had problem with Webspitters.

Talking about Runed Bears, are they immune to being instant killed by Heretics? I haven't got the chance to try it out.

No, they aren't. At least Heretics aren't present in Endless. :)

Another enemy I think is spammed too often is Gnoll Gnawers. They are too large to fit into barrels, so it doesn't make sense for them to be spawned from catapults. Only the basic Reavers should be able appear in catapult ammunition.
BBB

by billakoz16 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:Understood. I have always had problem with Webspitters.

No, they aren't. At least Heretics aren't present in Endless. :)

Another enemy I think is spammed too often is Gnoll Gnawers. They are too large to fit into barrels, so it doesn't make sense for them to be spawned from catapults. Only the basic Reavers should be able appear in catapult ammunition.

agree it wrecks the balance.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

Previous