Inplimenting towers from older games into new.

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Inplimenting towers from older games into new.

by billakoz16 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 am

Is it possible by modding?
Would you want to see it?
Yeah it might reck the balance but who cares arcane wizards and necromancers or DWARP and Tesla or even Musketeers and Crossbowman!
What about older towers in newer games?
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

Re: Inplimenting towers from older games into new.

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Already been suggested.

Of course we want it, but as you say, itd wreck the balance.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by billakoz16 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:38 pm

I meant in like a mod mostly for sandbox purposes

Special Towers Here!
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:15 pm

That makes it infinitely better and agree it should be done but a sandbox mode has also been suggested before :lol:
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 am

Simmonds91 wrote:That makes it infinitely better and agree it should be done but a sandbox mode has also been suggested before :lol:

But not in combination with this idea. ;)

I'd love to play Rotten Forest with some DWAARPS or Dusk Chateau with Wild Maguses and High Elves. Maybe we could even cross over other heroes as well. :mrgreen:
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:04 am

Ah well you see what i meant was, it cant be done until the sandbox is done therefore this may aswell be the very same sandbox idea since its a mod for the sandbox suggestion...
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 am

Simmonds91 wrote:Ah well you see what i meant was, it cant be done until the sandbox is done therefore this may aswell be the very same sandbox idea since its a mod for the sandbox suggestion...

Ok then, I submit, it's not an original idea. ;) Points for effort, Billakoz! :P :D
BBB

by billakoz16 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Dont agree. The developers don't have the nessesery time and money to make a sandbox. I was talking about players moding in(on flash of course cause IOS and Android modding is a nightmare) towers from previus games by adding extra files with the textures stats programing etc they already have.

Special Towers Here!
User

by tmn loveblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:19 pm

That strictly limit you to KR and KRF towers, and the moding would still be very complex. Maybe it cannot be completed.
User

by billakoz16 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:22 pm

You wouldn't need to:
retexture
recode
reanimate
You would need to
rescript
rebalance

Scripting is not that hard and neither is balancing.

Special Towers Here!
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Balancing is actually very difficult, for so many enemies in all three games. Write a storyline would also be challenging and time-consuming, while the time resource of the devs is very limited. Beside, not everyone would be happy to see their favourite tower changed, nor see their beloved game turned into a cheap sandbox, arcade game. An awesome story is a part of KR.
User

by billakoz16 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:34 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:Balancing is actually very difficult, for so many enemies in all three games. Write a storyline would also be challenging and time-consuming, while the time resource of the devs is very limited. Beside, not everyone would be happy to see their favourite tower changed, nor see their beloved game turned into a cheap sandbox, arcade game. An awesome story is a part of KR.

Hahahahahah the story of Kr is none-existant, Tats himself agreed. What you mean is that it has a great lore, but it's really just a mash up of everything pop-culture x fantasy, don't get me wrong totally my thing.
I said PLAYER MODDING. also they wouldn't need to be balanced
just put them as they are now for sandboxing fun. it's a flipping mod.

Special Towers Here!
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:40 pm

KR has campaigns and an actual storyline follow through it, the core being the corrupted Tear of Elynie, in case you haven't realized. The storyline is linear, and by merging towers, you mess it up. Sandbox could be a good idea, but putting towers from different points on the timeline into one place, break the story.
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:KR has campaigns and an actual storyline follow through it, the core being the corrupted Tear of Elynie, in case you haven't realized. The storyline is linear, and by merging towers, you mess it up. Sandbox could be a good idea, but putting towers from different points on the timeline into one place, break the story.

Not if it was a sandbox or a mod, In both of those, storyline is irrelevant. What i think you fail to understand tmn is that mods are seperate from the main game, storyline doesnt matter when the mod was created to mess around with the existing game, not create a new one.

Seriously, if we already know what the storyline is the what harm does it do to mess it up by doing this anyway?
Last edited by Simmonds91 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by billakoz16 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:39 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:KR has campaigns and an actual storyline follow through it, the core being the corrupted Tear of Elynie, in case you haven't realized. The storyline is linear, and by merging towers, you mess it up. Sandbox could be a good idea, but putting towers from different points on the timeline into one place, break the story.

The storyline is the "miracle artifact corrupted by betreyal and used by the dark lord(s) story'' # 347621
And again it is a MOD

Special Towers Here!
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm

By putting the Necromancer, who command death and decay, and has just joined force with the Linirean Army decades later, in the same place with the ArchDruid, which exists tens of years before and in a different continent, don't you think the storyline will be broken?
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 pm

There is no storyline in a mod/sandbox. You are thinking of dlc.
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:44 pm

I mean, there is a storyline through KRO, KR and KRF. By making a sandbox with elements from all three games, you mess up with that timeline.
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:45 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:I mean, there is a storyline through KRO, KR and KRF. By making a sandbox with elements from all three games, you mess up with that timeline.

Not really, it's just a sandbox, other games have similar things.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Simmonds91 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:10 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:I mean, there is a storyline through KRO, KR and KRF. By making a sandbox with elements from all three games, you mess up with that timeline.

Not really, it's just a sandbox, other games have similar things.

And that sandbox will be seperate from the main game. Well mods work differently right? They attach onto the main game but again, the mod wont automatically be attached to the game, itd be put there by someone who wants it on, if it was actually available it wouldnt update everyones games and force them to use it.

How are you not getting this tmn? If it is an optional thing then it cant possibly mess up the story.
User

Next