Grave Animation

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Grave Animation

by MisterX » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 am

Marethyu wrote:
MisterX wrote:Dante uses a cross if he destroys the enemys armor.

Wut. :?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6657&start=220
User

by Chimto » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:06 am

MisterX wrote:Dante uses a cross if he destroys the enemys armor.

What does this have to do with the thread?
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by MisterX » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11 am

The_TaTs wrote:This was not sarcastic.

I will mention this to the rest of the team. I don't think we'll be able to change it, but it's one of those things we really need to be careful about.
In fact, we tried to be very careful about this kind of stuff during the development of Origins, and that's why there are no crosses in that game.

Live and learn, I guess.

It was linked to this here...

Edit: I posted the link because in the other thread the cross of Dante can be seen
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 am

What does Dante's cross have anything to do with the cross on graves.
User

by MisterX » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:27 am

TaTs was overall talking about crosses, not only graves... and i wanted to mention Dantes ability
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 am

That cross is popular in media. Beside, people are talking about graves when you put that in. You should have quoted TaTs' post, and further explain your point.
User

by MisterX » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:32 am

Sry. I didn't want to make anybody cry
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 am

What? :?
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 am

Sigh... I think crosses for graves is pretty bad because we arent all christian, but when it comes to things like dantes cross, well thats a culture reference no? Its known in the dracula movies that vampires are repulsed by cross symbols (god help them if they can percieve paterns like us humans heheh... Crosses everywhere!)

Grave - bad. Culture reference - good.

Then again, ironhide could be devout christians so it doesnt matter either way in that scenario.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by The_TaTs » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Sigh... I think crosses for graves is pretty bad because we arent all christian, but when it comes to things like dantes cross, well thats a culture reference no? Its known in the dracula movies that vampires are repulsed by cross symbols (god help them if they can percieve paterns like us humans heheh... Crosses everywhere!)

Grave - bad. Culture reference - good.

Then again, ironhide could be devout christians so it doesnt matter either way in that scenario.

We are not devout christians. We are just nerds. As I explained to Wailwail, crosses were used for gravestones in pretty much every comic book and cartoon we watched as kids, so we included them into our first games without thinking much about it.

For us Latin Americans, Christianity is not just a religion but also a cultural heritage. All our countries were founded by a VERY catholic Spain between the XV and the XVIII centuries (except Brazil that was founded by Portugal). And even though Uruguay is the only Latin American country with full separation between church and state, laic public schools, and the largest percentage of atheist or non-religious people per capita, it's still hard to break from one's culture.

About Dante, we could have invented some sort of religious symbol similar to a cross. In the first Kingdom Rush, Vez'Nan uses pentagrams. :shock:
So it's not the first time we drop the ball with symbols that might offend or annoy people.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:59 am

It'd be cool if there were a religion or religions that different armies follow, and the graves of heroes with similarities could be a symbol for such religions. Since it's your world, you can make up whatever you want, Ironhide. As a matter of fact, crosses could mean something entirely different from Christianity to Linireans. ;)
BBB

by Finwer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:It'd be cool if there were a religion or religions that different armies follow, and the graves of heroes with similarities could be a symbol for such religions. Since it's your world, you can make up whatever you want, Ironhide. As a matter of fact, crosses could mean something entirely different from Christianity to Linireans. ;)

Don't say a word! W want the devs to make unique graves for our heroes,don't you want that as well? :evil:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:03 am

Finwer wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:It'd be cool if there were a religion or religions that different armies follow, and the graves of heroes with similarities could be a symbol for such religions. Since it's your world, you can make up whatever you want, Ironhide. As a matter of fact, crosses could mean something entirely different from Christianity to Linireans. ;)

Don't say a word! W want the devs to make unique graves for our heroes,don't you want that as well? :evil:

I have nothing against having different graves, I was just stating something that nobody else seemed to take into account. ;)
BBB

Previous