Faustus improvement

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Faustus improvement

by Magnus0 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:11 pm

I just don't really like Faustus as of now. His theme is great and his skills have potential but he is very boring to use. Dragon lance is pretty cool, teleport rune really sucks (altough I think it got buffed in the last update), enervation doesn't seem to help at all, liquid fire would be ok if it wasn't exactly the same as dragon rage and vice versa. So I want some little changes to Faustus to make him more fun to use. These are just some little idea's and suggestions.

firstly, His damage should be reduced by 15. His basic attack now ignite his target and covers it with liquid fire for 3 seconds, dealing 5 magic damage over time. Just like the sorcerer, Faustus will automatically attack enemies that aren't already covered in liquid fire. If Faustus hits an enemy covered in fire with dragon lance, the enemy will also be stunned for 3 seconds. when he uses teleport rune on enemies covered in fire, they will also be slowed for 2 seconds after being teleported. Enervation's cooldown should be recduced so that I can actually see it being helpful. Dragon rage could stay the same as it is overall better than liquid fire. However, it should, just like his basic attack, cover enemies in liquid fire for 3 seconds. Liquid fire should be changed completely because it is the same as dragon rage and has such a massive cooldown that I usually forget that I have the skill. Maybe an instant area attack that deals more damage on enemies covered in fire? The combo of dragon rage and such an area attack would do some massive damage and all enemies that do actually survive get teleported away and then slowed down.

Well, I hope you like it. I think that if these changes were made, Faustus would be even more OP so maybe his basic attack should be decreased some more or maybe his health.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: Faustus improvement

by Zonoro13 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:13 pm

The idea for the basic attack is fine, but unnecessary. Just make his skills have faster cooldown, but be weaker (except for Enervation, that's UP anyway).
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:21 pm

I really like all those suggestions. They are balanced, and give Faustus a new style. However, we have "Controversial Heroes" and I personally think this should goes in there.
User

by blu3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 am

its fine here, that thread is long gone now
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by Simmonds91 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:51 pm

faustus should stay nerfed. just because.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Magnus0 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:faustus should stay nerfed. just because.

He isn't really bad, he is just boring to use. So I don't want him to be buffed, I just want him to be changed so that he is more fun to use. And why do you want a boring hero to stay boring?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:faustus should stay nerfed. just because.

Did you even read the thread?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User