Multiple Heroes For Endless Modes

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Multiple Heroes For Endless Modes

by Galathon » Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Hey , i would like to suggest an idea for endless challenges, that allows player to select 3 heroes for the level.
so we can use multiple premium or free heroes at the battlefield. what do you think?
User

Re: Multiple Heroes For Endless Modes

by Juice Box » Tue May 12, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm actually up for this, even though it would pose quite a few problems. I admit that I'd enjoy having up to three heroes at once--on any level.
User

by Galathon » Tue May 12, 2015 6:03 pm

:D
Last edited by Galathon on Mon May 18, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:09 pm

So OP, but so fun. Bravebark + Phoenix + Durax = a massacre. Durax over Vez'nan because Bravebark's cocoon will be more effective with all the clones of Durax, and blocking power. Besides, Phoenix has plenty of DPS already.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Durax + Durax + Durax, amounting to a total of 9 Duraxes at a time. :twisted:

Seriously, though, I'd go with Phoenix for the intense crowd control, Vez'nan because of his AOE and single-target mixture of capabilities, and either Bravebark or Razz & Rags as a compliment to the Dark Pact summon for tankiness along with physical damage to compliment the magic damage Vez'nan deals. I wouldn't go with Durax because his playstyle is very demanding, and having just him in an Endless Mode is already too much to keep track of in later waves, and even harder with 2 other heroes and their own spells to manage.

This idea is fun, but if Ironhide is going to implement this, they should add the other changes that it needs most as well, and since that won't be happening, I'd be pretty irritated to see this actually get put in.
BBB

by Galathon » Wed May 13, 2015 2:26 pm

nope , every hero must be different. ;)
i don't think it's gonna be OP because the game suddenly become overwhelming after wave 50.
3 heroes instead of 1 , maybe will allow you to reach 4-5 wave more but that's all. you can't hold the hordes after some point.
But it can be fun indeed. Different strategies with different heroes every time. :D
User

by wailwail » Wed May 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Or maybe more heroes are unlocked as you pay GOLD in Endless levels?
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by blu3 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 pm

why arent we funding this..can we fund this..please
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by Simmonds91 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:02 am

More hero's = more difficulty? to keep things balanced.

here's an idea, have a new boss thats really big and disables towers all around him/her in range, a giant target that all your heros on the map need to cooperate to take down, an epic battle!

I guess itd be like a miniature raid boss?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 15, 2015 12:41 pm

That sounds really fun! It'd make players consider getting a DPS hero for Endless. If Frontiers and KR were involved, I'd have to pick Dante and Oni for that! :hero:
BBB

by Galathon » Fri May 15, 2015 4:37 pm

those catapults in "valor's rest" really become ***holes after wave 50.

no matter what you do , every attempt ends with the exact same story.
gnoll catapults rapidly throws "barrel of enemies"again and again and again... very close to exits , if you can kill the throwed enemies(which is a lot), webspitters that coming behind leaks...
no matter which or how many heroes you have. you have to use gnome items if you want to survive. :skull:
User

by Simmonds91 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Well... yeah... its an endless mode, there is no happy ending, the waves will increase in difficulty with every wave but the amount of waves is endless (which is why it's called an endless mode). The real challenge is how far you can get without using gnome shop items.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat May 16, 2015 2:07 pm

It should be called "Happy-Endless Mode" since you're doomed to fail each time. I really wish there were uses for excess gold and a limit to enemy stat scaling to even things out and make it an infinite game.
BBB

by Galathon » Sat May 16, 2015 2:30 pm

ok , that's right endless game must be end at some point.
but attacks from outside which you can't do anything about them >> Catapult bombardment from Valor's rest , Totems from Rage Valley , Sand Whirlspool from Ruins of Nas'de etc...)
sometimes they really screw the game balance on earlier waves.
for instance on KRO i made through wave 64 without using gnome items , but after that i played lots of times with the exact same strategy , i couln't pass wave 53-54 most of time. Also couple times i lost on 40's. Because catapults were really mad they didn't stopped bombing , and entire screen filled with webspitter spiders along them.
So luck is a real factor if you able to make higher levels or not. If you are lucky you may reach 60+ wave on valor's rest with a powerful hero. But when the catapults goes mad and webspitters starts to rush... say good bye.
also , i've been curious what the hell is spiders doing with gnoll army? it's totally out of concept. :geek:
User

by Chimto » Sun May 17, 2015 1:00 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:make it an infinite game.

Because that's not what Ironhide intended for endless mode.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun May 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Chimto wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:make it an infinite game.

Because that's not what Ironhide intended for endless mode.

I know, but were I in their shoes, that's what I would have gone for because that's what would have been more enjoyable to play.
BBB

by blu3 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:37 pm

not to mention have much better replay value
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by kevin32 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 am

I'm all for this idea. Love how the skills are arranged at the bottom.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by Big Bad Bug » Mon May 18, 2015 1:22 am

I just noticed that the skills are arranged in a nonsensical order. :P
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 pm

it would get very very boring... you get every tower at max level, you beat a wave, but the next wave doesnt change difficulty so you beat it again, and again... and again... and again and again and again and again and again and again.
User

Next