Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:43 am

Finwer wrote:What about Jack'o lantern?


The devs said a long time ago that he wasn't a miniboss, but was "something else :twisted: " so I figure he's only valid to be described as scenery/an environmental addition, especially since he behaves in ways that enemies wouldn't by not proceeding to the exit.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Finwer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Finwer wrote:What about Jack'o lantern?


The devs said a long time ago that he wasn't a miniboss, but was "something else :twisted: " so I figure he's only valid to be described as scenery/an environmental addition, especially since he behaves in ways that enemies wouldn't by not proceeding to the exit.

I must have missed that. Thanks anyways!
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Manijure » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 pm

One thing to note is that Catha's Hero Spell stun lasts half the duration for minibosses and bosses (not including the Twilight Golem, which really isn't a miniboss). I also have noticed that her pixies and her regular attacks never put minibosses and bosses to sleep, and this even includes the Golem. Only the Hero Spell works...
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am

Well, that makes the Golem even weirder. Still quite sure it's not a miniboss, though. Cerberus is entirely unaffected by things that a Golem would normally be exposed to. It can still be teleported back, and most effect abilities still work on it.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am

I'm pretty sure the Golem is a normal (albeit larger than most) enemy, with an inherent resistance against insta-kills. IT might as well be in it's encyclopedia entry.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:12 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:I'm pretty sure the Golem is a normal (albeit larger than most) enemy, with an inherent resistance against insta-kills. IT might as well be in it's encyclopedia entry.


^^Mm, yes. I always considered the Golem's resistance to instakills as a passive ability, since it didn't really make sense for it to be a miniboss.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Manijure » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Considering that he can be teleported back by the Mages' passive ability, frozen by the Sorcerer's Stones, targeted by Hunter's Mark and Sylvan's Curse, and even put to sleep by Catha's Hero Spell, he's nothing special to be a mini-boss.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by wailwail » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 pm

All enemies even bosses are effected by Catha's stun.
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Manijure wrote:Considering that he can be teleported back by the Mages' passive ability, frozen by the Sorcerer's Stones, targeted by Hunter's Mark and Sylvan's Curse, and even put to sleep by Catha's Hero Spell, he's nothing special to be a mini-boss.


Lol, the Mages' teleport isn't a passive. It's an innate. A passive is when an ability is always, always active, while an innate ability is one that's always there by default.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Manijure » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Manijure wrote:Considering that he can be teleported back by the Mages' passive ability, frozen by the Sorcerer's Stones, targeted by Hunter's Mark and Sylvan's Curse, and even put to sleep by Catha's Hero Spell, he's nothing special to be a mini-boss.


Lol, the Mages' teleport isn't a passive. It's an innate. A passive is when an ability is always, always active, while an innate ability is one that's always there by default.


True that. My bad. :P
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Minibosses are the enemies that have the word miniboss in their description.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Chimto » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:33 pm

kingdom rush fan wrote:Minibosses are the enemies that have the word miniboss in their description.

This argument ended nearly a month ago, by the way.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Lair; Carnival; Well; Not; Nadir; Chapel; Mountain

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by Ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 pm

I know. :)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by phillipriv9 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Instakills work on the Golem idk what your talking about. I can vise Regson hero spell on Golems and its instakills, and I I'm pretty sur ethics either a bug or a glitch but I used to be instakill bosses With Regsons Instakill
1 there I put something here
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:12 am
Location: I'm currently nuking all the good in the world

Re: Making The Silence Slighty More Usefull In KRO

by The Kingmaker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Reg'son's instakill is the exception to the rule, you cannot crimson sentence or eldritch doom golems, vindicator is the only instakill that works on them.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Previous

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests