Origins 2

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:05 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
AerisDraco wrote:Pls calm down Simmonds. Ninja can post how he wants.
Also, I want to point out that your example is incorrect, as Ninja makes all of the sentence ends line up.



Even if it splits words :|


It splits them correctly though. ;)
A correctly split word must be split
at the end of a syllable, have at least
3 characters before the hyphen, and
at least 2 after it. I follow this rule
and therefore, my word splitting is
completely correct. ;)

@Simmonds91
Wow, you put me on your foes
list just because of my posting
format and completely valid ar-
guments pitted against your ill-
ogical ones? Your childishness a-
mazes me. Seriously, why does
everyone I debate with get so
riled up? I'm not even angry in
the slightest. Grow up, people. :roll:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by The Kingmaker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Alright, I concede to your word-splitting in that I cannot fault it. Just FYI I sometimes find the way you post text a little daunting to read, but I always do my best. You prefer your post type visiually and why I may not I will try and appreciate it.

Also the lands north east of Linirea has always given me ideas. Fields and streams. I always wanted a nomadic enemy group and this area leading to frigid steppe would fill that niche for me.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Alright, I concede to your word-splitting in that I cannot fault it. Just FYI I sometimes find the way you post text a little daunting to read, but I always do my best. You prefer your post type visiually and why I may not I will try and appreciate it.

Also the lands north east of Linirea has always given me ideas. Fields and streams. I always wanted a nomadic enemy group and this area leading to frigid steppe would fill that niche for me.


Actually, I think that text running
across the entire comment is daunt-
ing to read. That's one reason why
I type in this manner. :P
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Anorak » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

I think it's kind of cool the way Ninja posts. It is nice not to have to move my eyes so much.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 pm
Location: OASIS

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Anorak wrote:I think it's kind of cool the way Ninja posts. It is nice not to have to move my eyes so much.


^That's the other reason
why I post this way, act-
ually. :)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Zonoro13 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm with Simmonds and TaTs here, ninja's posts are extremely annoying to read, like an itch I can't scratch. Ninja couldn't make good arguments against Simmons' points, instead attacking his grammar - which, by the way, is better than Ninja's.

Ninja, words are split in order to conserve space in books, newspapers, and other published text. Essays and forum posts do not need word splitting. It looks highly unclean, since your writing doesn't line up anyway.

Just stop please?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I'm with Simmonds and TaTs here, ninja's posts are extremely annoying to read, like an itch I can't scratch. Ninja couldn't make good arguments against Simmons' points, instead attacking his grammar - which, by the way, is better than Ninja's.


I didn't need to make arguments against
Simmonds posts because his only "point"
was that my posts are a pain to read.
(Not to mention that his examples were
also incorrect, as pointed out by Aeris.)
I admit that I attacked his grammar with-
out rhyme nor reason, but he certainly
didn't have a reason to post on this thread
either. We were talking about Vez'nan
being a necromancer, (Which, upon re-
flection, is actually rather appropriate.
:P ) not about posting formats. ;)

Also, I've said before that I welcome any
grammar help you can give me. I'm not
infallible. :)

Zonoro13 wrote:Ninja, words are split in order to conserve space in books, newspapers, and other published text. Essays and forum posts do not need word splitting. It looks highly unclean, since your writing doesn't line up anyway.


There's no rule that word splitting is dis-
allowed unless it's in published text.
Also, please explain to me how my wri-
ting doesn't line up.

Zonoro13 wrote:Just stop please?


No, for reasons previously stated.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Zonoro13 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:15 am

Ninja wrote:There's no rule that word splitting is dis-
allowed unless it's in published text.
Also, please explain to me how my wri-
ting doesn't line up.

Notice how the lines don't stop at the same place. "wri-" is ahead of "text".

I never said there was such a rule. My point was that your style of writing is out of place and makes you look arrogant. The forum can wrap text without your help. Your method of typing is difficult to read, unnecessary and unpleasant. A forum admin has expressed disapproval of your actions - why do you stubbornly continue?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:08 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
Ninja wrote:There's no rule that word splitting is dis-
allowed unless it's in published text.
Also, please explain to me how my wri-
ting doesn't line up.

Notice how the lines don't stop at the same place. "wri-" is ahead of "text".

I never said there was such a rule. My point was that your style of writing is out of place and makes you look arrogant. The forum can wrap text without your help. Your method of typing is difficult to read, unnecessary and unpleasant. A forum admin has expressed disapproval of your actions - why do you stubbornly continue?


I meant to start another paragraph
in your example. Apologies. How
does my typing make me look arro-
gant? Also, I settled that with TaTs
via PMs, because we were off topic. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:35 pm

If nothing else, the lengthiness of your posts, due to the many, many lines you create, makes it harder to scroll through any page you've posted on, and since you've posted multiple times on EVERY thread, this is a constant issue.

I understand that you want to make it easier to read, but I find it even harder since I'm reading in a way that I'm not used to, reading lines of arbitrary smallness in a long column. Everyone wants it to change, so why not be the nice guy that you are and free us of the prison you've created for our eyes?
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:If nothing else, the lengthiness of your posts, due to the many, many lines you create, makes it harder to scroll through any page you've posted on, and since you've posted multiple times on EVERY thread, this is a constant issue.


I've grown accustomed to typ-
ing in this manner, so it's not
that easy for me to just stop.
And, if I do change, then I'll
be typing in a way that's un-
comfortable for me to do.
I'd rather not type anything
rather than type uncomfort-
ably. And that, I assure you,
will not happen. ;)

No one else I know online or
offline has this issue, so why
do you guys? :?

Big Bad Bug wrote:I understand that you want to make it easier to read, but I find it even harder since I'm reading in a way that I'm not used to, reading lines of arbitrary smallness in a long column. Everyone wants it to change, so why not be the nice guy that you are and free us of the prison you've created for our eyes?


Actually, I don't really like the
way you guys type. But, I can't
change that, so I won't try. And
you should stop trying to change
me too. Because I won't change,
for reasons previously stated. ;)

Also, not everyone wants it to
change. Aeris hasn't spoken ill
of it and Anorak rather likes
this style. ;)

Is it really that hard to scroll? :roll:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by AerisDraco » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Ehhhhhh....
Can't say I enjoy it.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Origins 2

by Zonoro13 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:43 pm

I've figured out why it's so annoying: line breaks. Normal text has the minimum number of lines, so the eye doesn't need to move much. Ninja's text has very short lines, so you have to move to the beginning of a new line several times a second.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I've figured out why it's so annoying: line breaks. Normal text has the minimum number of lines, so the eye doesn't need to move much. Ninja's text has very short lines, so you have to move to the beginning of a new line several times a second.


Actually, I think that you have
to move your eyes the same a-
mount with your method also.
Maybe you don't have to change
lines, but you still have to move
your eyes across a much longer
line. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Zonoro13 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:24 pm

The distance is the same, but the time is much greater.

Try looking from one spot for a second. Then look at a spot some distance away.

Then try looking at one spot, then another close by, then another, then another. It takes longer.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:The distance is the same, but the time is much greater.

Try looking from one spot for a second. Then look at a spot some distance away.

Then try looking at one spot, then another close by, then another, then another. It takes longer.


It takes about the same time for me. :?
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Zonoro13 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:25 am

Ninja wrote:It takes about the same
time for me. :?

Look at this comment. Why did you feel the need to press enter? If you hadn't, there would only be one line and it would be easier to read.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Origins 2

by Pepe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:30 am

THIS IS A ROAST

AND WE WILL ALL SLAY THAT LIL 11 YEAR OLD

AKA NINJA

FIGHT UZZZZ
Josh dun
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am
Location: Inside ur mom

Re: Origins 2

by Ninja » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:15 am

Pepe wrote:THIS IS A ROAST

AND WE WILL ALL SLAY THAT LIL 11 YEAR OLD

AKA NINJA

FIGHT UZZZZ


I'm 15. Also, STOP SHOUTING. :roll:

P.S. I'm already arguing if that's
what you mean by fighting. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Origins 2

by Pepe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:18 am

k
and
Josh dun
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am
Location: Inside ur mom

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests