Race Ideas ( Very Helpful )

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Race Ideas ( Very Helpful )

by WizardLord160 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 am

Race ideas, use them for whatever : enemies, heros, etc. When you need them, just come to my Dark Castle and buy any of them. It's a good deal and I never run out of stock. :twisted:

Ideas will be constantly added. Stay tuned. Working on it right now too.

| Name | | Description |

Archon - Opposing the gods is the sole purpose of the Archons. Highly intelligence elemental creatures, Archons serve as soldiers and leaders in armies. They also act as mercenaries for those in need of elemental might.

Basilisk - The eyes of the Basilisk glow with potent magic. Just a glance, and a victim is weakened, envenomed, or worse of all, turned to stone. Averting your gaze will not save you, because a Basilisk has teeth as a well as eyes.

Beholder - Creatures of abhorrent shape and alien mind. Be holders seek dominance over all they survey. The floating horror enforce their will by firing rays of magic from their eyestalks.

Bulette - An approaching furrow of rock and soil signals the arrive of a Bulette. These massive, plated beats spring from the ground and devour any fleshy creature they find.

Carrion Crawler - Wriggling like giant, loathsome caterpillars, these aggressive beasts attack anything that invades their territory or disturbs their feasting on the dead. The crawlers paralyzes victims with their tentacles before dragging the prey off to expire and rot.

Cyclops - A towering giant with a single, evil eye, a Cyclops is a dangerous creature. Cyclops serve as soldiers and artisans, and they possess many of the same supernatural powers as their dark masters ( like me ), combining physical might with magical ability.

Death Knight - A one the most powerful of undead humanoids, Death Knights are warriors who chose to embrace under the rather then pass on to afterlife. They bind their souls into their weapons, fueling their necrotic powers as they marshal armies of undead.

Devil - Malevolent creatures from the 9 hells, Devils were once servants of the Gods that rebelled and we're cast out of their domains. Devils claim or talk souls to increase their power through temptation, betrayal, manipulation.

Displacer Beast - Seldom where they are seen, Displaced Beasts misleads enemies by concealing their true location, which helps them evade the dangers of the Fey wildfire they live and hunt. They also prowl the forest and caverns of the natural world, where their glowing emerald eyes appear to constantly change direction as they stare out of the darkness.

Doppelganger - Infiltrators, spies, and impersonators, Doppelgangers are humanoid Shapeshifters that take on the appearances of other humanoids. They are cunning opponents that lure in their victims or throw off pursuit with misdirection and disguise.

Dragon - If any creature can claim to be an enlightened sage, a powerful tyrant, and a terrible monster, it is a Dragon. Majestic and deadly, the creatures strike fear into the hearts of any who fell other the shadows of their enormous winged forms.

Dragonborns - Dragonborns are humanoids that share physical features with Dragons. The race once ruled empires, but it's number dwindled. The Dragonborns that live today are scattered throughout towns and villages of other races.

More tomorrow.
Last edited by WizardLord160 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Master of Death and Decay (and criticism)

User

Re: Race Ideas ( Very Helpful )

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:03 am

Can I just point out, I am using Basilisks in a future Mini Campaign and came up with them before this thread. Don't sue me, were not Bethesda and Notch, we can work something out. (Like Disney agreeing not to talk about Star Wars: Rogue One, until after Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation was released)
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Basilisks are creatures of mythology. The rights for using them in a fictional setting belong to nobody. Anyone who makes a hero that's a Cyclops or an enemy that's a dragon is making them of their own ideas, and can't be expected to owe anything to this thread.

Nice idea though, listing things, but by stating what they are capable of you're just narrowing them down to your own ideals and making them very specific. If I decide I want to make a dumb dragon that nobody is afraid of, then that's prefectly acceptable.
Yes it's me

by WizardLord160 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:23 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Can I just point out, I am using Basilisks in a future Mini Campaign and came up with them before this thread. Don't sue me, were not Bethesda and Notch, we can work something out. (Like Disney agreeing not to talk about Star Wars: Rogue One, until after Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation was released)

Cool. I can help you.

User

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Have you ever heard of the Archons from Age of Wonders? They're, like, holy Greek guys who all died and came back as skeletal Egyptian guys. Currently one of my fave fantasy races so far. Is that where you based them from?

Also, I sort of agree with Razorleaf. Listing them down is nice, but giving them specifics limits their possibilities.
User

by WizardLord160 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Juice Box wrote:Have you ever heard of the Archons from Age of Wonders? They're, like, holy Greek guys who all died and came back as skeletal Egyptian guys. Currently one of my fave fantasy races so far. Is that where you based them from?

Also, I sort of agree with Razorleaf. Listing them down is nice, but giving them specifics limits their possibilities.

Okay look guys. I am not giving them like limits, do whatever you want with them. Just my description to better understand them. Go ahead and make a 2 - eyed Cyclops or something. ( Though that doesn't make sense, but whatever )

User

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Hnhh.

Negative opinion =/= insult.
User

by blu3 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Juice Box wrote:Hnhh.

Negative opinion =/= insult.

it wasn't even a negative opinion :?
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by Chimto » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:50 pm

I can't help but to find this list suspiciously similar to the D&D 4E Monster Manual...
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by WizardLord160 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:32 am

Chimto wrote:I can't help but to find this list suspiciously similar to the D&D 4E Monster Manual...

I used some of the monsters from it. A few of them will be mines.

User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 am

WizardLord160 wrote:Okay look guys. I am not giving them like limits, do whatever you want with them. Just my description to better understand them. Go ahead and make a 2 - eyed Cyclops or something. ( Though that doesn't make sense, but whatever )

I'l stick to the vast source of information that is the internet.
Yes it's me

by WizardLord160 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:05 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
WizardLord160 wrote:Okay look guys. I am not giving them like limits, do whatever you want with them. Just my description to better understand them. Go ahead and make a 2 - eyed Cyclops or something. ( Though that doesn't make sense, but whatever )

I'l stick to the vast source of information that is the internet.

I recommend the Wikipedia if possible, but since they're are currently already reading my post, I will just go ahead and add a description for fun.

User