KR CHAT & FAN FICTION

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: KR CHAT & FAN FICTION

by REDBULL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 am

The Tower of Vez'nan
Author: REDBULL
They raced across the Sands unseen and unheard. All of the Dwarves were traveling with their leader to Hammerhold and their base was left completely undefended. Even the moon's glow dare not shine upon these two as they layed waste to leagues pumped with adrenaline. As the two arrived crouching and looking around carefully in circles they began to bring out their tools. Damien carried a small concealable and easy to carry hammer. Saphiran preferred his sharp small pickax to Damien's blunt weaponry. Though they were small weapons they would do some serious damage over time. Their was a pass but it had been blocked off when the Dwarves left. And so with Damien's first ringing hammer blow they began what took two hours to complete. Bang after bang it was almost maddening to listen to in the dead of night. It almost became a monotonous sound to the two of them out of sheer repetition even though the loud gongs would be sharp and piercing to any fresh mind. AS the end of the project came into view a single block of sandstone gave way with a deep scraping sound. Inspired by the sudden breakthrough they began to work even harder. The hits were harder,the effect was larger but most of all the burn in their muscles was far more severe. Soon they had a hole with enough size for them to just fit through and all that aching pain suddenly felt worth it.These was a necessary part to a raid and they both understood that. Damien lunged in headfirst like the reckless, thoughtless oaf he was becoming in his eagerness to eat. They were street rats and had scavenged on what was left for them on in the alleys for as long as they could remember. Though the one thing they knew for sure was that they were brothers. There was no question to that. They had found their hideout in a dark alley many years ago and since then it had been the center for their operation of thievery. Sound terrible? Not when it was the only way they could survive. Some could say they were doing the people they robbed a favor. Call it forced kindness if you will.Saphiran followed through tentatively as Damien nearly hit his head on the floor and was lying in a heap.Saphiran stared at him on the floor and shook his head.
"Whatever.Lets just raid this place."Damien retorted snapping up.

Saphiran quickly began searching the shelves in the storage area while Damien searched the kitchen area for food and scraps. After about half an hour of good looting they filled their bags and met back up at the hole. They climbed out and picked up the sandstone blacks and reassembled them in the hole.They wouldn't convince anybody for long but it would keep people from knowing longer then just leaving the empty hole as it was. They grabbed their bags and slung them over their shoulders and began to run but seconds before they could clear the camp a strange echoing sound appeared from the horizon to the East of them. The sand blew small drifts of sand through the air around a large Dune. It was unnaturally large almost like a small hill. They stopped suddenly upon hearing it. They hadn't even gotten our of the area of the camp. They were still very near.
"it's not even time for the meeting to begin yet! How can the Dwarves be back."Muttered Saphiran worriedly putting a forward foot to run.Then Damien grabbed his shoulder his face slightly upturned to the sky listening.
"No. Hammerhold is to the South of here. Whatever that is its coming from The East."Trailed off Damien as he kept listening intently to the strange sound that remained notoriously incomprehensible. Then suddenly like a guiding light in the darkness a identifiable sound seemed to outburst from it. A chanting noise.

They both stood stunned. It was a very old language that had gone into extinction years ago. They recognized a few words but not much of it. Soon the specific words came to their ears that they did know.The whole chant was saying.
"He Rises."
"What in the world?"Whispered Saphiran. They gazed to The East as the chanting became louder and more viciously and hardly spoken. It seemed their was one strong savage voice that said the chant which was immediately followed by a large amount of voices speaking it together like an army call. Over the large dune rose a long line of shapes that at first were dark and disfigured. But soon after they reached the summit the Moon's light washed over the revealing their forms. Damien and Saphiran gasped.
"Anubi."Rasped Damien. Their hideous jackal-like bodies were set off by their vicious faces and battle armor. The armor was made from gold and blue lines and they wore a headdress of the same fashion with silver spikes and carvings depicting The Sun and Moon. It was an entire army that stretched nearly as far as they could see on both sides of the Desert. In front marched a particularly tall and killer beast of an Anubis. He carried a long staff with two curved blades at the end in both hands like all of the Anubi but his were adorned with precious gems and metal ans well as his armor. His battle scars were displayed proudly all over his exposed flesh.

"How? The Anubi were murdered and cast out existence long ago."Said Saphiran with a look of disbelief on his face. Then he realized that the language they spoke dated back to around that same time. Saphiran grabbed Damien's arm.
"No point in arguing with reality."He turned to face him directly.
"Lets run" and with that they ran like Death itself followed them. The army had yet to notice them as they were very far off but they seemed to be heading in the direction of the Dwarven Camp...
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 am

Ha! Thanks for including my tower in there REDBULL
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:21 am

Her's my the prologue of my new fanmade story I'm going to make. It'll have different lore from Kingdom Rush. Keep that in mind. I'm going to try and make it like 15-20 chapters, but I'm probably going to be lazy and do around 5-15.

--------------------------------------------------Prologue

Long ago, there lived a magnificent kingdom. A kingdom named, Valaderia. It was a prosperous land, numerous inventions stolen from the rival Dwarves helped in that effort. The land was ruled by the 4 great magi, each with with their own specific skills and abilities.

There was Vez'nan, master of the dark arts. With his skill, he was able to raise armies of undead so terrifying, that enemies dropped dead just at the sight of them. He could drain the very soul of all known living beings leaving them to be lifeless husks. Life and death were merely tools, that he could bend to his will. Indeed, a true devil in disguise. His personality was like his abilities: dark. He was a very cruel man, not content with just killing his opponents, but torturing them and making them suffer to the highest degree.

Then there was Acaroth, perhaps the most mysterious of the group. As an Illusionist he was the master of the mind and reality. He could force entire kingdoms to bow before him, and send entire legions back in time. Defeating an enemy was as easy as convincing him to defeat himself, which, for Acaroth, was elementary. His personality was very mysterious. No one knows what goes on in his mind. And no one dares to try.

The third in the group was Gazanov, the elementalist. His arsenal includes: fireballs so painfully hot that they can set you on fire just by standing next to one, thunderstorms so powerful that they could obliterate entire cities in a mere six minutes, earthquakes so insanely destructive, that they can ravage entire countries leaving nothing but huge piles of debris, and tornadoes so extremely fast and powerful, that even light cannot escape their wrath. Gazanov's personality was.. well.. pretty much insane. He was the fun one in the group! If you call crafting a gigantic building out of rock just to blow it up, fun... But during necessary times, he could be serious and tactical.. sort of...

And finally, there was Kryolax, the priest. He was a very polite and gentle man. He loved to help. Be it, healing someone's sword wound, or blinding his enemies to the point of complete destruction of their eyes and/or their brain, he always wanted to help. He was a total pacifist, only resorting to violence for self-defense. It is why he and Vez'nan fought so much.

Come to think of it. Vez'nan pretty much fought with everyone. It wasn't much, just arguing most of time. That all changed one day...

In the Council Room. "This is ridiculous! Now is the perfect time to invade Crozia! Their king just died without an heir. Their country is complete chaos and confusion! " yelled Vez'nan.

Kryolax replied in an irritated voice, "We have a truce with them! How could you even suggest such a thing! If we break this truce then no other kingdom shall ever trust us again!"

"Then we'll just take them over as well," Vez'nan retorted.

"Vez'nan think this over," said Acaroth in that mysterious convincing tone of his,"we are in no position to be invading a neighboring kingdom. We have just lost three fourths of our men in that previous encounter with the Dwarves. If we try to invade Crozia while we have only a third of the force they have, we will be wiped out."

Vez'nan for some reason, found himself agreeing with him. He does have some great points, Vez'nan thought. "Are you trying to charmspeak me!" he bellowed, "I will invade Crozia! Alone if I have to!" and with that he stormed out of the room.

After Vez'nan left, Gasanov said, "Should I teach him a lesson? He may have his whole "almighty powers of doom and destruction", but I have a rock." A gigantic boulder materialized behind his seat.

"No no, Gazanov. Let's just wait and see what he does." The rock dematerializes.

The next day, Kryolax walks outside to see around twenty thousand undead soldiers standing right outside the city. He sees Vez'nan at the front of the army and walks over to him. "Vez'nan what is this!"

"This is is the day Valaderia becomes known in this world!" yelled Vez'nan.

Gazanov and Acaroth walk into the scene. "What's going on here?" asked Acaroth.

"Can I hit him with the rock now?" ask Gazanov.

"Vez'nan, you must stop this. You have become power-hungry. Stop this now before we have to stop it ourselves," said Kryolax.

"Oh? And how will you do that, brother?" asked Vez'nan,"I'm not going to call back my army. So what are you going to do?"

Gasanov turned to Kryolax and asked, "Rock?"

Kryolax replied, "Rock."

As the boulder was materializing Vez'nan said,"You'll never kill me."

"And why exactly is th-?" Kryolax was cut off. He felt an unbearable pain in his back. Pain so horrifyingly painful it felt as though his very soul was being ripped into pieces. He looked behind himself and saw a being too horrible to describe. It was undead, but it was unlike any undead Kryolax had ever seen. It had bright glowing red eyes and armor so black it made Kryolax feel as though light was now non-existent. He looked to his side and saw that Gazanov and Acaroth had also been stabbed by the vile creatures.

"B-b-but how?" Acaroth said in a pained voice, "my m-magic should have *cough* been able to detect those things a mile *cough* away.."

"M-my healing's not w-working." said Kryolax.

"Well you see brothers. These are my special creations that I've been developing for the last three years." said Vez'nan "They are completely immune to magic, and block it's usage when they wound an enemy. I call them, the Magi's Bane."

"But why b-brother?" asked Gazanov.

"Why? Why, you ask? I have had enough of you three! There can only be one ruler and it shall be ME." screamed Vez'nan,"The world will be mine, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me."

"You will never succeed!" yelled Kryolax as he jumped on Vez'nan and tried to strangle him. It was a valiant effort, but there was nothing Kryolax could do. One of the 3 demons walked up to Kryolax and beheaded him.

"What a fool," said Vez'nan. When he was sure that the other two were dead he ordered his minions to throw them off Calderia Cliff.

What Vez'nan didn't know was that Acaroth had actually survived. He wandered around the forest trying to find help, but unfortunately found none to be seen. Alone and and in a wounded state, he thought all was lost. He started to feel light-headed and his vision blurred. He saw a blue flash a couple feet in front of him. Then he fainted.

When he woke up, he saw a man with pale blue hair sitting besides him in some kind of hut. "Who are you?"

"My name is Fenix Antioch." And that was all he said before he froze Acaroth and hid him, deep in Sarlegaz's Lair.

Back at Valaderia City, Vez'nan was getting ready to invade Crozia. He took his army of undead of undead and proceeded to march toward Crozia.

After Vez'nan took over Crozia, he began to take over the other neighboring lands. He turned the nice and peaceful cities into cruel and torturous prisons. And that is how, the Empire of Linirea began. As of today Vez'nan still sits in his Black Throne in the center of Linirea City, without any opposition... yet...

Legends say that that 3 magi left a prophecy. A prophecy that involves a child, in the far distant town of Hammerhold. A child, that will journey across the lands learning the the three branches of magic. A child, that will return Valaderia to how it originally was, a peaceful and prosperous country. As you will find out in this book, that legend, is true...

So what did you guys think? Good intro? The real story is yet to come.
Last edited by TheHallMonitor on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ded

by REDBULL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:46 am

maverixk wrote:Ha! Thanks for including my tower in there REDBULL

Oh your tower will play a large role in my story. it may not seem like it has anything to do with Vez'nan's Tower but soon it will. Also Hall OK well remember what I said about being cliche? Well its a lot less cliche but I saw an explosion of it just now.
Villain:"Just try to stop me! I have The Book of Death!"
Heroes:"Not the Book of Death! That cannot be!"
Villain"Hahah yes I have it *BOOM*"
And the heroes are gone.
Magical artifacts are not really interesting and especially when you spent no time building it up and never even mentioned it before putting it directly into play. It makes the story seem very cliche because magical artifacts are so overused. It was rather interesting until there. If I was a reader which technically I am at this point so I'm helping you out and telling you what I as a reader see. As a reader I would read through the whole thing be slightly pulled along and interested by your storytelling getting pulled in farther and farther along until The Book of Death where I would sigh and look for more original stories. Also 3 magi's were also a bit cliche but I thought that might be able to pass.
these guys^^!
User

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:55 am

REDBULL wrote:

will. Also Hall OK well remember what I said about being cliche? Well its a lot less cliche but I saw an explosion of it just now. Oh your tower will play a large role in my story. it may not seem like it has anything to do with Vez'nan's Tower but soon it
And the heroes are gone.
Magical artifacts are not really interesting and especially when you spent no time building it up and never even mentioned it before putting it directly into play. It makes the story seem very cliche because magical artifacts are so overused. It was rather interesting until there. If I was a reader which technically I am at this point so I'm helping you out and telling you what I as a reader see. As a reader I would read through the whole thing be slightly pulled along and interested by your storytelling getting pulled in farther and farther along until The Book of Death where I would sigh and look for more original stories. Also 3 magi's were also a bit cliche but I thought that might be able to pass.

Indeed, I actually liked it quite a bit until the Book of Death part. I was wondering what you would do about Acaroth the all powerful. Perhaps you could instead freeze them and include my fanmade hero, Fenix Antioch, and have Fenix look after them and make sure they stayed frozen, like the king later does with the spider queens
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 am

REDBULL wrote:

Oh your tower will play a large role in my story. it may not seem like it has anything to do with Vez'nan's Tower but soon it will. Also Hall OK well remember what I said about being cliche? Well its a lot less cliche but I saw an explosion of it just now.
And the heroes are gone.

I see what you mean, So what other method should I use to overpower the villain?

Or should I not overpower him at all and make him use trickery to kill the other 3 magi?
ded

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:
REDBULL wrote: Also Hall OK well remember what I said about being cliche? Well its a lot less cliche but I saw an explosion of it just now.
And the heroes are gone.

I see what you mean, So what other method should I use to overpower the villain?

Or should I not overpower him at all and make him use trickery to kill the other 3 magi?

Always better than having a character that's just OP. However, if he can be just barely not OP and still use trickery that's even better.

Edit: Man, this thread is making me want to write again. If I didn't have so much work, I word have so much stuff posted here.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:07 am

Edited it. How do you guys feel about creatures immune to magic killing the magi?
ded

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:13 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:Edited it. How do you guys feel about creatures immune to magic killing the magi?

I think it's better. Although I think one of them should survive in secret, wounded and weakened. I know you never explicitly stated that they all died, I'd just like to put in my two cents.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 am

maverixk wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:Edited it. How do you guys feel about creatures immune to magic killing the magi?

I think it's better. Although I think one of them should survive in secret, wounded and weakened. I know you never explicitly stated that they all died, I'd just like to put in my two cents.

Ooh good idea. I think I'll make Acaroth survive. He'll have lost his magic forever though.
ded

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:
maverixk wrote:

Ooh good idea. I think I'll make Acaroth survive. He'll have lost his magic forever though.

Cool! Could he live in the frozen wastes as a mentor to my hero? (I really want mine in there, I'd help you write the parts with him if you like :D)
User

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 am

Ok just finished the edit.
ded

by REDBULL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 am

Lol sorry I was gone but Mav got my points across very well. I'll check you revised bit in a sec...
Lots better. Hey can you spin Mithrac SinBlade in there at some point? :D
these guys^^!
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 pm

@everyone: What should I write first? A crossover fan level, or just a story? Or would anyone like to know what each is before giving me their advice?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:@everyone: What should I write first? A crossover fan level, or just a story? Or would anyone like to know what each is before giving me their advice?
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Crossover: Level for the Fall of Gondolin.
Story: Backstory for my heroes, and/or anti-heroes, and/or towers.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by maverixk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:Crossover: Level for the Fall of Gondolin.
Story: Backstory for my heroes, and/or anti-heroes, and/or towers.

?
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Gondolin
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Fall_of_Gondolin
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_of_Gondolin
It was the last stand of the great city of Gondolin, last hope of the Noldor. Anyway, do you want specifics (though at that point, I may as well just make the level)?
Image Image
User

by meowlala » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 am

Chapter 1 Continued:
Among the magi of arcane, was the grand Pyromancer, the most powerful wizard ever known. So, naturally, he was arch-enemies with Vez'nan. My first story is how this came to end... and be warned, sometimes consequences are dire, and in no ones favor.

*Flips page*

Standing in the middle of the line, waiting quietly, Vez'nan waited for the grand Pyromancer to finish. Subsequently, he was NOT waiting. Quite on the contrary, he was plotting the old fools death. The Pyromancer got up, yawned, and said "Dismissed. Do NOT come back or you will be SEVERELY PUNISHED. On small terms of DEATH!!!!!" Everyone left the room, except... "I hope you have a good reason for this, Vez'nan." Stated the Pyromancer. "I believe I do." Vez'nan retorted while attempting to focus arcane magic on the old wizards staff, calmly hoping he could break it without him noticing.

*Flips page*

After that, you know how it would go, they fought, arcane against physics. And who won?

*Begins to read*

Vez'nan threw the cursed dagger as his vision went black and he fell into the darkness below... Was it the end? The skeletal figure of death appeared, holding his reaped blade. YOU HAVE COME FAR... TOO THE UNDERWORLD... AND YET YOUR POWERS... THE CURSED BLADE... THERE IS MORE THAN ONE... IN TRADE FOR THE 2ND BLADE I WILL BRING YOU BACK... AS A NECROMANCER. "Th-Th-thank you..." Death raised his hand and resurrected Vez'nan. NOW GIVE ME THE BLADE. Vez'nan smiled, and threw the blade point first at death.

End of chapter 1
Admit defeat to the dark lord. The souls of many come, the souls of few go.
User

by truteal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 am

The Return of Gul'Thak: a story/level idea

It is a dark and stormy night and a congregation of Necromancers and High Necromancers is walking to a Goblinoid stronghold, A pair of Orc Champions is guarding the door. One of them says "Halt who goes there?" the head of the congregation says their are here for a job, the guards let the congregation in. They are greeted by an Orc Champion who leads the congregation to a graveyard. They stop by a giant tombstone that says "here lies Gul'Thak " The Orc Champion says "Alright you blokes, use your dark art mumbo jumbo on our chieftain and the literal ton of gold is yours"

Old Enemies that would appear in this level

Goblin
Orc
Shaman
Ogre
Gargoyle
Wulf
Worg
Skeleton
Skeleton Knight
Necromancer
Goblin Zapper
Orc Champion
Worg Rider
Forest Troll

My Enemies that would appear in this level

Goblin Miner
Description: A pickaxe wielding Goblin wearing a miner’s helmet
Health: More than a Goblin Zapper
Abilities: Medium resistance towards physical attacks, they emerge from the ground (like Tainted Treants)

Behemoth
Description: A boss sized Ogre
Health: 6000/8000
Abilities: An enemy (not a boss) Area attack

Gul'thak Follower
Description: A staff wielding Orc riding on a boar that is a bit bigger than a Winter Wolf
Health: Around 400/500
Abilities: Can Dismount, Can Heal Allies

Gargoyle Elder
Description: A big purple Gargoyle
Health: Around 300 to 500/400 to 600
Abilities: Flying

Crypt Elemental
Description: A Grey Elemental with pale green grass, crosses and tombstones on its back
Health: Around the same as a Magma Elemental
Abilities: Area attack, when defeated, a random amount of Skeletons, Skeleton Knights and Skeleton Healers emerge from where it was defeated, Can not be poisoned

Goblin Scientist
Description: A Goblin wearing a tattered brown coat and goggles
Health: More than a Goblin Zapper
Abilities: Can throw red vials that do damage to warriors, can throw blue vials that freeze towers (like J.T), can throw green vials that summon Goblin Monstrosities, slow

Goblin Monstrosity
Description: A Yeti sized Goblin with visible stitches all over its body
Health: Around the same as a Yeti
Abilities: Can only be summoned by Goblin Scientists, Area attack

Skeleton Healer
Description: A Skeleton wearing a headdress and holding a staff
Health: More than a Skeleton but less than a Skeleton Knight
Abilities: Can Heal Allies, High resistance towards magic attacks, Can not be poisoned

High Necromancer
Description: A Necromancer with a more detailed cloak that is brown and deer’s antlers on his head
Health: More than a Necromancer
Abilities: Summons Skeleton Knights and Skeleton Healers, Ranged attack

Ogre Champion
Description: An armourclad Ogre wielding an axe
Health: More than an Ogre
Abilities: High resistance towards physical attacks

Camo Orc
Description: An Orc wearing a bush costume
Health: 64/80
Abilities: Cannot be seen by Ranged Towers, Warriors and Artillery Towers, Transforms into an Orc when defeated, does not attack warriors

Camo Ogre
Description: An Ogre wearing a tree costume
Health: 640/800
Abilities: Cannot be seen by Ranged Towers, Warriors and Artillery Towers, Transforms into an Ogre when defeated, does not attack warriors

There would be a graveyard in this level. Heres what each enemy comes back as

Skeleton:
Goblin
Orc
Goblin Zapper
Goblin Miner

Skeleton Knight:
Ogre
Orc Champion
Goblin Monstrosity
Ogre Champion

Skeleton Healer: