Fanmade Tower Contest: FINALE!

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Fanmade Tower Contest: FINALE!

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:10 am

THE FINALE IS COMING! THE FINALE IS COMING!
-That one patriotic guy

This is the finals of the fanmade tower contest, The contestants are all towers who won the contests in their specific categories. We will be voting to see which of these four towers is the best of the best.

The winner of this contest will receive all of these magnificent prizes:
> a giftcode for an awesome gamebook
>immense fame and glory that surpasses every single living being in the entire world
>the ability to rule over all the losers
>their tower drawn by me (if I feel like it!)
>free premium content available when/if premium content becomes free

But fear not losers! For you shall receive:
>the the wonderful feeling of accomplishment and the knowledge of the fact that you participated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are all the rules that everybody must obey:
-vote for only one out of the four towers
-no voting for your own tower
-no chit-chat on this topic, only voting and stating reasons
-you MUST read the entire tower suggestion (by clicking the name) before voting
-your voting should be based on which tower you would like to see in the sequel; you should think of these things before voting: Is this tower unique? Is this tower well-balanced? Will it fit in with the towers + terrains in the sequel? Is it too similar to already existing towers? How in the world in the world did Acid Factory not make it?
-describing your reasons for voting is not required, but would very much be appreciated, since it helps the creator see the flaws and perfection in their creations, thus informing them on what to do and what not to do if they ever have to do something like this again C:
-because of the lack of participation in the previous contests, people who have made a tower but do not vote will be disqualified
-this contest will run until the 18th, but if it does not reach two pages within 10 days, we will go on until the 23rd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE RANGED RANGED CATEGORY! COMES!

ZEUS'S BLESSED BOWMAN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE BARRACKS CATEGORY! COMES!

CAVALRY STABLE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE MAGIC CATEGORY! COMES!

ILLUSIONIST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE ARTILLERY CATEGORY! COMES!

DESERT DWARVES

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, if you are a active/slightly active member (especially people who actually entered the contest) on this forum and you do NOT vote, I will always remember you as a disgusting, vile, lazy, horrible creature that has no place, and will never have any place, in my gigantic heart ಠ_ಠ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly I would like to thank all of these people who made this contest as epic as it is right now:

Julian: For his awesome support and great ideas that made this contest amazing.

kilele: For the many things he did to make this contest bigger and more important.

aftandil: For making insanely awesome art. He's a great guy, you guys should play his new game Tequilla Zombies 2 at either Armor Games or Kongregate

REDBULL: For being a great supporting figure, and making those amazingly epic descriptions ;)

maverixk: Same as REDBULL, another great supporting figure with epic writing skills.

Myself: Because I'm epic.

I'd also like to thank all the people who took the time to create towers to put in this contest. But really, next time you guys should actually participate some more by actually voting.
ded

Re: Fanmade Tower Contest: FINALE!

by REDBULL » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 am

My vote goes to the Cavalry Stable. i feel it fits the best into the Sequel and is well balanced in the way of skills and overall statistics.
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by pilch » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:43 am

Illusionist, I think the special abilities would be very interesting and I have a soft spot for all things magical ^^
User

by kilele » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:07 pm

difficult decision, my vote goes to
desert genies
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:27 pm

1) Excuse me? I voted and submitted several towers. JK, I don't really care.
2) There's a typo on Zeus's Blessed Bowman in the document. There's no e at the beginning of "merely".
3) Cavalry Stable is riddled with errors. It should say "Description" before the description. The Chivalry skill needs fixing. And the docs are inconsistent between themselves (some capitalize abilities, some don't.)
3) Several things need periods, like the description of Illusionist.
4) Desert Dwarves should say "hardiest", because "hardest" just sounds wrong... And "casically" is not a word.
5) Some things give a bio for the tower, some towers don't have it. Again, inconsistency.
-
So hard to choose between Desert Dwarves and Illusionist... I pick Illusionist.
Reasons:
Even though Desert Dwarves have the awesome ability of the Djinn (personally, I'd have made higher levels summon more powerful djinn-type creatures, like if Level 3 gave you a chance to have one Marid),
•Illsuionist seems more balanced,
•Would fit in better (Desert Dwarves seems more like a level-specific, even if for multiple levels), and
•Mages need crowd control.
-
Resins I didn't pick Cavalry Stable or Zeus's Blessed Bowman for my favorites:
•The first is unoriginal
•The latter has too many blatant references (past "references", really) to other works

Also, as you can see, I did not find the time to write a more detailed review of the other towers.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

I just don't see Zeus's Blessed Bowmen, nor Desert Dwarves, being part of
the sequel. Zeus's Blessed Bowmen are too specifically related to a single
deity and the Desert Dwarves are too complicated and miss the point of
artillery being about dwarven technology. They both have their very strong
points as well, but I am going for the all-round best (in my humble opinion):
Cavalry Stable. Of course, I simply can't vote for my illusionist... pity :3
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by LichLord » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Even though I didn't have time to read all the earlier towers to vote for one...now that were at the finals I could definately just read the remaining participants.

I must say that Zeus's Blessed Bowman is pretty cool, and the rangers already had a druid helping them so in a sense it would still be similar yet different. Though if you think about it, its just Tesla Tower masked up as a Archery Tower, still interesting though. However, its not enough to get my vote.

Even though the idea of having a Cavalry stable is a classic and I'm sure that alone gained it the votes towards the final, the tower itself along its skills aren't really that original...but its a classic so its hard to expand on I guess.

Desert Dwarves made no sense for me, I definately don't imagine tough, techy dwarves, depending on summons. And out of all, lamps of all things as if they were something you could find anywhere, not enough with the idea of summoning a single Djinn, but multiple of them? Plus its a tad overpowered. Out of all the finalists I have no idea how this one got to the finals! o.O

And if you've read everything you will probably know already, my vote will definately go towards the Illussionist. Not only do I find it more original than the others (well, Zeus's Bowman is more original), but it is also alot more fitting than the rest (can't imagine horses in a desert, instead of camels). To add on this, instead of going for an overpowered approach of a mage, it went with a unique feature that the other towers didn't bring in, in this case being crowd control.

Crowd control is something that should always be necesary, and always welcome when implemented through such cool means like ilusions. However, I don't like its second skill, can't really fit an illusionist using telekinesis(confusing? you move things with it lol). Imo Telepath would have been more fitting, not only confusing what they saw through ilusions but getting in their heads as well. Alternately, you could also use the ilussions to "terrify" opponents right in the spot by bringing their worst fears to life, staying motionless while the shock passes away. Kind of using ilusions to make the strongest fight his own weak, terrified allies.

In any case, even with the second skill not making sense with the theme, I liked Illusionist the most, so my vote will definately go for him. ^-^
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by maverixk » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I really have no idea why I haven't voted yet.
So I know I can't vote for my own, but I will still add some criticism to it anyway.
I gotta say, when I submitted it first, I never thought that it'd get here, nor was I even thinking of the Tesla tower, because I seldom used it. In fact, I was thinking more of the Percy Jackson series. However, really only the theme of electricity and the fact that one ability has chain damage in any way copy the Tesla tower, the way the chain damage is executed is different, as well as the source of electricity. That being said, I realize the similarities and why people may not vote for it. Personally, I think I should've lowered the base attack a little bit, and added some super cool second ability.

Calvary Stable: I think this tower fits in with the theme of KR quite well, and its abilities and stats are pretty good, not great by any means, but they seem solid and dependable. I(like I think Hall is, as well, am a little confused about chivalry being the name of that third skill, but I really like the skill itself, although I wish it reduced the spawn time a little more.

Illusionist: I really don't have anything against this tower, but it just seems to be lacking something for me...Sorry I don't really have a good reason for this one, I just don't think I should vote for it.

Desert Dwarves: I have mixed feelings for this one. I go back and forth between I really like it and think it's cool and I don't like it and its theme doesn't seem to be artillery. I don't dislike it, nor do I especially love it.

That being said, my vote goes to Calvary Stable, for it seems to be the most stable, fitting for KR, and dependable tower. Yes, pun intended.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Zeus's Blessed Bowman: The idea of a priest charging the arrows is cool, but I agree with Julian that the name should be changed. The DPS is obviously more than Rangers and Musketeers, but I guess that's OK since it only has a long range. I don't think the first skill copies Tesla that much, but I think it should something more to differentiate it even more. Something like a paralysis effect would've been cool. The second skill definitely needs to be more interesting.

Illusionist: I'm not sure if it will fit in with the terrain in the sequel, but it definitely is a good counterpart to Necro. The basic attack is very balanced, it deals less damage in a smaller range, but has a higher attack rate. The first skill is good, and definitely original. But I think the cooldown should be changed to 10, 8, 6, to make it less underpowered. The second skill should be changed, since it basically is the same thing as Arcane Wizard's teleport, over a longer duration. I think, as a support/crowd control tower, this ability should debuff enemies in some way. Like decrease in attack damage for like 6-10 seconds.

Desert Dwarves: This tower would definitely fit in with the desert terrain, but I'm starting to dislike the idea of an artillery tower using magic. The attack I think, is a bit too random to be enjoyable, and also is OP, since it has a faster fire rate, and almost the same average damage, as the Big Bertha (and I am counting the original BB stats, since counting the rebalanced ones would be unfair). Of course this depends on how big the explosion radius is. The first skill I think, is not useful enough to have a 10/12 second cooldown. Just look at Big Bertha's Dragonbreath Launcher, it deals 180-220 damage with unlimited range, and only has 8 sec cooldown. The second skill is just bad. Like Julian said, an artillery tower should not summon these many units. Just 1 or 2 would be nice, but 4? No. And I think adding effects to each of the separate Djinni's attacks is just too much.It just gets too complicated.

So I bet all of you can tell which tower I'm voting for. Yep, you guessed it: Cavalry Stable

Err.. I mean: Illusionist
ded

by kilele » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for voting, Lich, I've just read your criticism about genies and horses and I'd like to explain why I voted for the Desert dwarve tower.

You say that it's ridiculous to have tech-savvy dwarves summoning genies, well dwarves are also known as eager collectors of precious items as well as miners in search of precious ore. And the fact that they launch multiple lamps is hilarious fitting the funny spirit of the game, besides the kingdom is under revolt and chaos! so why not to release lots of genies?
I don't know if the tower is overpowered, I see it more like an unleasher instead of a summoner, they should only attack when they find some enemy at the escaping time.
Epicatz said something about genies being too level-specific but you know they are portable within lamps, although on levels with sand the dune ability might be fun and good for strategy.

About horses versus camels, arabic horses are famous, they just need stables on the middle of the desert. Camels are bad tempered animals, I can't imagine them going into battle, camels would be funny for enemies though.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by LichLord » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 pm

kilele wrote:Thanks for voting, Lich, I've just read your criticism about genies and horses and I'd like to explain why I voted for the Desert dwarve tower.

You say that it's ridiculous to have tech-savvy dwarves summoning genies, well dwarves are also known as eager collectors of precious items as well as miners in search of precious ore. And the fact that they launch multiple lamps is hilarious fitting the funny spirit of the game, besides the kingdom is under revolt and chaos! so why not to release lots of genies?
I don't know if the tower is overpowered, I see it more like an unleasher instead of a summoner, they should only attack when they find some enemy at the escaping time.
Epicatz said something about genies being too level-specific but you know they are portable within lamps, although on levels with sand the dune ability might be fun and good for strategy.

About horses versus camels, arabic horses are famous, they just need stables on the middle of the desert. Camels are bad tempered animals, I can't imagine them going into battle, camels would be funny for enemies though.

Well about horses versus camels, maybe it does make sense to stick to horses as your own example proves that some horses could go through deserts, and their will probably be multiple backgrounds so horses can fit in all and not just one like camels would. So...sure, I will admit that horses are better especially after seeing that fan-made stable tower/units.

However I still believe that the desert dwarves is at minimum a bit exagerated. Yes, dwarves have always been explorers, treasure hunters, lovers of rare artifacts and mining like you said. But from that point to summon LOTS of genies by throwing lamps as if they had discovered/mined up a whole mountain of them...still doesn´t fit in my mind. I guess that at most, it should have been that thanks to their exploration/discovery skills they managed to find a desert djinn lamp whom they now have at their service, and raising the skill would buff up the abilities of that single desert djinn instead of an army of them. Would beat the point of having barracks, and would be similarily balanced like the sorcerer towerś elemental. While the genie does the tanking, the desert incinerator burns them to ashes! :)
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by Puggerugger » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Illusianist is sexy, so sexy
User

by truteal » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 am

Illusionist
User

by Cheesecake » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 am

Illustionist
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by 700poundsofcheese » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 am

Illustionist
User

by LichLord » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Vote Count until now:

1st Place: Illusionist with 8 votes.
2nd Place: Calvary Stable with 3 votes.
3rd Place: Desert Dwarves with 1 vote.
4th Place: Zeus's Blessed Bowmen 0 votes.

I find it funny how 1st/2nd positions voted for each other, calvery stable seems to be what every finalist other than the owner voted for. The rest have voted for Illusionist with the exception of Kikele whom voted for Desert Dwarves. I think its gonna be hard for the rest to catch up to Illusionist (especially Z'sBB), but good luck to everyone! :D

And everyone who hasn't voted yet should vote, the winner of this contest is in your hands and anything could happen still, so...VOTE! :twisted:
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm

LichLord wrote:Vote Count until now:

1st Place: Illusionist with 8 votes.
2nd Place: Calvary Stable with 3 votes.
3rd Place: Desert Dwarves with 1 vote.
4th Place: Zeus's Blessed Bowmen 0 votes.

I find it funny how 1st/2nd positions voted for each other, calvery stable seems to be what every finalist other than the owner voted for. The rest have voted for Illusionist with the exception of Kikele whom voted for Desert Dwarves. I think its gonna be hard for the rest to catch up to Illusionist (especially Z'sBB), but good luck to everyone! :D

And everyone who hasn't voted yet should vote, the winner of this contest is in your hands and anything could happen still, so...VOTE! :twisted:

Btw the deadline's today...

EVERYONE, PUT A LINK INN YOUR SIGNATURES. THE MORE PARTICIPATION WE HAVE,
THE HIGHER CHANCE OF ANOTHER EPIC CONTEST MADE BY YOUR'S TRULY.
ded

by TheHallMonitor » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm

THE WINNER: ILLUSIONIST!

WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-

Anyways, congratulations to Julian! :D

Unfortunately we ran out of money so you will not be gaining unimaginable fame or the ability to rules over the losers D:

You will, however be getting a Gamebook from kilele, a drawing from me, and free premium content when/if premium content becomes free!

And remember finalists that did not win, you guys are not losers, the losers are the people who saw this topic, and had the time to vote (no more than 30 seconds w/o an explanation), but did not.

Yeah, you people suck.

Big time.

No seriously, you guys disgust me.

You are a disgrace to the community name.

I think it's pretty clear by now.

That you guys failed.

Big time.

Anyways Julian, what do you want in your drawing? And I'll pm kilele right now to give you your gamebook.
ded

by Julian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Hooray <3
(EGO BOOST)
I had to say it right?

TheHallMonitor wrote:Anyways, congratulations to Julian! :D

Thanks a lot :D

TheHallMonitor wrote:Anyways Julian, what do you want in your drawing?

My tower, with me and my girlfriend on top of it... my hair is dark brown
and averagely long. My girlfriend's hair is blond and long. Thanks in advance ;3

Looking forward to the gamebook C: But I am wondering if
Aftandil will draw my Illusionist now? That would be awesome ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by kilele » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 am

Congrats Julian!
I've just sent the prize, hope you like the gamebook :)
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

Next