Moderator for fan fiction subforum

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Moderator for fan fiction subforum

by delebru » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Users interested in moderating this new sub-forum can apply at this topic. We'll then make a voting topic to choose the moderator :)

You have time until Monday 24th to apply.
Ironhide Developer

Re: Moderator for fan fiction subforum

by Scorpion008 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 pm

I have this forum as my second most important bookmark and check it all the time. Pick me!
User

by Eric » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 pm

I, Eric, do so solemnly swear to uphold the awesomeness of Kingdom Rush's Fan Fiction section. But seriously, I already have a topic in the Fan Fiction section, and am starting to go there more often. Also, my spelling, grammar and non-existent people skills help me in these sort of things. I'd love to be the Moderator.

Vote Eric as Mod, 2012!
User

by maverixk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 pm

I know I haven't been here very long, but I hope I've made a good impression, especially in the area of fanfics. I'm a reasonable guy, not overly pushy or a pushover, and I check this forum regularly to too much. I have quite a bit of experience on forums, and believe I would be a good candidate, even though I am not the oldest member here. If I were to be elected fanfic mod, I vow that I would encourage a flow of creative ideas, give constructive criticism, and keep the place running smoothly.

If a good subforum's what you want to have, vote mav!

I am maverixk and I approve this message.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by Epicazeroth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm

I apply.
-
I take pride in being unbiased (seriously, I tell people like every chance I get, as long as it makes sense) and I have a lot of time to be able to moderate. I think I've been pretty active in the fanfiction topics.
-
Also, I sent the request for this sub-forum. JK, that shouldn't have any effect on you decision, since I'm also probably not the first.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by TheHallMonitor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Well considering that I created the epicly epic Fanmade Tower Contest...

Anyways I apply, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more responsible people here would
be better suited, but still, I want the power. :twisted:

Errr... I mean... I'd like to make the Fanfiction category a glorious sight to behold!
And I am very very active, you can almost see me on pretty much all the time
(excluding school), so I have the time as well.

But first, I'd like to know what exactly you would do as a mod.
ded

by Epicazeroth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 pm

TheHallMonitor wrote:Well considering that I created the epicly epic Fanmade Tower Contest...

Anyways I apply, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more responsible people here would

Errr... I mean... I'd like to make the Fanfiction category a glorious sight to behold!

Seriously? You moderate. Mods usually get rid of (meaning warn or report) spammers, give warnings, etc. It's what delebru does for everything else.
Last edited by Epicazeroth on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by TheHallMonitor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:Well considering that I created the epicly epic Fanmade Tower Contest...

Seriously? You moderate. Mods get rid of spammers, give warnings, etc. It's what delebru does for everything else.

But I'd like to know exactly what we would do. And I don't think they'd give us the power to delete
users... posts probably, but the power to ban people is very unlikely.
ded

by REDBULL » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 pm

My application is probably a pebble on a mountain full of applications for you to read so I will try to make this worthwhile.

I apply for the reasons that I have experience moderating 2 other forums as well as a sort of Private Server of a multi player Game. I have served both those purposes and have taken knowledge from them all to improve my judgement. I am fair and willing to be reasonable but when there is an outright breach of the rules I will not hesitate to carry out the necessary action. I can understand new users and I try not to be harsh on them but instead guide them to the point where they can take care of themselves.I have had quite a bit of experience in fan fiction and can offer help to those who need it. So for these reasons I apply for moderator.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by delebru » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:48 pm

TheHallMonitor wrote:But first, I'd like to know what exactly you would do as a mod.

Baning is only left to admins. The elected mod will be able, at this forums, to make announcements, stickies, edit, and move topics to other forums. Always following our (the admins) guidelines :)
Ironhide Developer

by LichLord » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I won't even bother posting to be a mod here because not only do I doubt I would get votes since people probably think I would be to strict/simply dislike me (lowering any vote amount if any) but also because modding just the fanfiction subforum only is kind of unnecesary, if it were global moderator position then I would probably be more interested. Also I'm sure other people can do a better job in the fan-fiction subforums specifically as I don't really have a big artistic side myself to be a mod here unlike others here. ^-^
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by delebru » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 pm

LichLord wrote:I won't even bother posting to be a mod here because not only do I doubt I would get votes since people probably think I would be to strict/simply dislike me (lowering any vote amount if any) but also because modding just the fanfiction subforum only is kind of unnecesary, if it were global moderator position then I would probably be more interested. Also I'm sure other people can do a better job in the fan-fiction subforums specifically as I don't really have a big artistic side myself to be a mod here unlike others here. ^-^

If I set myself and all other admins as global moderators will you all stop asking for moderators? :P There are no mods because we are doing that job.

But fan fiction is not "our concern" or duty as developers, that's why when Epicazroerhthsdfghrty asked me to open this forums, we (admins) thought it was a great idea and that it should be moderated by its community and not any of us.
Ironhide Developer

by LichLord » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:43 pm

delebru wrote:
LichLord wrote:I won't even bother posting to be a mod here because not only do I doubt I would get votes since people probably think I would be to strict/simply dislike me (lowering any vote amount if any) but also because modding just the fanfiction subforum only is kind of unnecesary, if it were global moderator position then I would probably be more interested. Also I'm sure other people can do a better job in the fan-fiction subforums specifically as I don't really have a big artistic side myself to be a mod here unlike others here. ^-^

If I set myself and all other admins as global moderators will you all stop asking for moderators? :P There are no mods because we are doing that job.

But fan fiction is not "our concern" or duty as developers, that's why when Epicazroerhthsdfghrty asked me to open this forums, we (admins) thought it was a great idea and that it should be moderated by its community and not any of us.

I never asked in that post, just said that if that was the case maybe I would have been interested. I know already that its a fact that there will never be any (even though there is a legend on bottom that says global moderators have green names) so you won't see me asking for that, you misunderstood what I said in the post. ^-^

However I do understand now why will Fanfiction will be the only subforum with moderation, so you proved your point there, thanks for the fast answer.
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by TheHallMonitor » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 pm

delebru wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:But first, I'd like to know what exactly you would do as a mod.

Baning is only left to admins. The elected mod will be able, at this forums, to make announcements, stickies, edit, and move topics to other forums. Always following our (the admins) guidelines :)

Ahh, thank you for the clarification ^^ I'd love it if the contest topics could become sticky.

Speaking of which, VOTE IN THE FANMADE TOWER CONTEST.

Please?
ded

by delebru » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm

And the winner is TheHallMonitor! Congrats :D

Poll: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1998
Ironhide Developer