Fanmade Spell Contest

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Fanmade Spell Contest

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 pm

We should install a point system!!! Not really (it would be cool, though), and would add incentive for more detail. Also, I'll fix mine later today or tomorrow.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by kilele » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I like moats !! My barrack tower had one filled with crocodiles :)
Look a real warfare moat at:
http://captain-blood.deviantart.com/art/MOAT-317900164
I don't understand well the pause thing and the zig-zag.
More comments in the next days, so far all entries seem fun to play, don't they?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

Some small criticism on the spells so far. I'm doing this so people don't get all mad when the final voting comes, so they can see what I personally look for.

Please do not be offended by anything, not that there is anything to be offended by.

@Julian: Your spell seems great. It's balanced, unique, and serves a different role than the other spells. Only the last upgrade seems a bit too situational (<--how is this misspelled?), since it only affects ranged enemies. I'd suggest changing it into something else. Just my opinion though, the spell is still great ^^

@Finwer: Lol that spell made me laugh xD Well if you really are going through with it, I'd suggest changing it so that enemies with the nintendo can't be targeted by towers or soldiers.

@Epicazeroth: You were going to change this right? Ehh I'll give my opinion anyway. Errmm I think this spell is a bit too complicated, and has too many functions. It damages enemies, buffs towers, and summons creatures. I think that's too much. And second, I dislike the 'chance' factor of this spell. Like "15% chance to summon a creature more powerful than the others", I personally dislike that, but, that's just me. It also gets a bit confusing as you go along the upgrade path :S And finally, you should give the star costs, so people know if that upgrade is supposed to be that powerful or not.

@REDBULL: Not bad. I think the cooldown is a bit too low though, like it would become it too hard to manage along with reinforcements. I might be wrong though, maybe it won't be too hard to manage. And like Epic, I dislike the 'chance' of a Giant Vampire appearing. Also like Epic, you should add star costs. Other than all that it's a good spell ^^

@kilele: Your spell is a bit too hard for me to visualize, could you explain it some more? Sounds really cool though.

@maverixk: The fact that it's dwarf related already makes it awesome.. But really this spell is good, and it would fit very well in the underground/caverns terrain. I think the second upgrade, increasing 15 seconds to 24 seconds, is a bit too high. The last upgrade should be changed as well, like REDBULL said. But other than that, nice idea.
ded

by maverixk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 am

Oh, whoops. I switched 20 sec and 24 sec.
I'm working on a new final upgrade...still in the process though.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by Epicazeroth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 am

Oh, wow lol. :oops: I probably should add the Star costs. I'll do that tomorrow, when I change it to the Arab theme. So, I'll have to change the Angels and Gremlins, as those are more European... Any ideas for what I could do (doesn't have to be summoning)? If anyone just comes up with a name, that'd be great (a Middle-Eastern name.)
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by kilele » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 am

Yo I remembered Dragon Ball, that's it!
Updated my entry
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 am

My Spell is updated, and I incorporated the Arabian theme.
Image Image
User

by maverixk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 am

I just edited my entry with another option for the last upgrade, since apparently it was too much like reinforcements.
I was actually considering choosing this one at first, but I liked the rifledwarves, because it is so much more than reinforcements. Now I see that it might be a bit too much, but I still personally prefer it. However, I'd like to do what the voters prefer.
What's your guys' opinions?

Btw Epic, I like yours. I haven't given it a thorough look-through, but I like the theme and the idea. More comprehensive analysis to come.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 am

How many entries are there? I'll read them all tomorrow.
-
And thx mav. I've yet to do anything more than skimming, but yours does look good! I made my Spell less rambling and all-over-the-place.
-
Also, I'm glad to see that the FF Club isn't being neglected anymore. I'm working on a level right now.
Image Image
User

by maverixk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 am

I wasn't trying to neglect the FF club, it's just that...school, man. It gets to ya. However, I will try to do more Inge future.
User

by kilele » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 am

@maverixk
Maybe you can include them both, traps could be funny to see in action,
Look this picture at
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9&p=7010&hilit=spikes+trap#p7010
Why do you want to pause the game ? I don't think it would be a good idea,
what if your dwarfs use dynamite and a bulldozer apart from spades ?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by Julian » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

TheHallMonitor wrote:@Julian: Your spell seems great. It's balanced, unique, and serves a different role than the other spells. Only the last upgrade seems a bit too situational (<--how is this misspelled?), since it only affects ranged enemies. I'd suggest changing it into something else. Just my opinion though, the spell is still great ^^.

Thanks ^^ And I thought about it, but the reason for that upgrade
is mainly my wish to have more ranged enemies in the sequel. In
that case it would be quite useful. I would like to see more flying
enemies as well though and now I say this, I'm getting an idea to
do something with flying enemies as well/instead. I'll see :D
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Puggerugger » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Time Out!

A spell which slows down time immensely to keep you calm and collected (Time slows down by a % and this affects cool downs of spells and abilities as well as the construction of towers)

[Picture is a frozen hourglass]

Reload: 2 minutes, slows down time by 40% for 5 seconds (In slow-mo mode)

Paradox Spam: 1 star, reduces cool down by 20 seconds

Stop Right There, Criminal Scum: 2 stars, Slows down time by 70%

Matrix Mode: 2 stars, all towers and infantry attack faster while in slow-mo mode

Go take a Breather: 3 stars, Increases duration by 3 seconds

Time Lord: 7 stars, Double click spell while it is active to completely freeze time for up to 5 seconds. Using time lord makes the recharge of the ability 15 seconds longer than normal.(after freeze time is overr the duration of Time Out! remains unaffected)
Last edited by Puggerugger on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by maverixk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 pm

I edited my final upgrade, and added a sentence before he cool down in the original spell description.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 am

You guys want to just start this thing right now, or wait for the 15th?

And also, how many votes should everyone get? Should we do it like
the last contest with three votes, or would you guys prefer just one?
ded

by maverixk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 am

I like two votes, personally.
User

by Julian » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:You guys want to just start this thing right now, or wait for the 15th?

I'd rather wait for the 15th ^^

TheHallMonitor wrote:And also, how many votes should everyone get? Should we do it like

What about three votes, but allowing people to vote for themselves?
This way you actually benefit from voting when you're participating...
and using a poll it would be hard to notice if it wasn't allowed anyway C:
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Epicazeroth » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 am

How many entries are there?
Image Image
User

by TheHallMonitor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Julian wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:And also, how many votes should everyone get? Should we do it like

What about three votes, but allowing people to vote for themselves?
This way you actually benefit from voting when you're participating...
and using a poll it would be hard to notice if it wasn't allowed anyway C:

Okies, we'll do it this way.

And epic, currently there are 8 entries.
ded

by LichLord » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 pm

This is SO not fair, a had a whole page with about a paragraph of opinions for each of the spells which I was writting little by little going back in forth between reading and writting and when I'm almost done the forum had auto logged me off and it got ruined completely. I should've been writting it elsewhere I guess...I'm so frustrated right now I believe I had done a nice job trying to help everyone out. :(

In any case for the voting I believe that with 3 votes everybody has more than enough chances to be voted (3/8), so you should just trust in the good job that you have done for your tower and not rely on self/biased vote for help...but its up to you guys anyways.

I'll attempt to rewrite everything at a latter point if I find the motivation to do so again as it had taking me over 2 hours now for nothing. -_-
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

PreviousNext