Arisen Evil Vez'nan

HP: 320
Regen: 30
Ranged: 24-72 Magic
Armor: 0% (None)
Speed: Slow (Teleport)
Respawn: 20s

Soul Burn: 35 seconds.

Absorbs the soul of any single foe with less than 750/1500/2250 health or group of enemies with under 250/500/750 health. Saves the leftover damage and adds it to the next attack.

- Enemy groups with less than 750 health that are absorbed add the damage that wasn't dealt to the next attack, so that Vez'nan can kill a group with more than 750 health the next time. For single enemies, the bonus damage can be added as well, so that Vez'nan can instakill enemies with higher health.
- Also, he isn't an idiot now. Vez'nan will target the enemies with the highest health rather than those with the lowest health, so that he doesn't waste his power every time he uses it.

Magic Shackles: 24 seconds.

Uses up to 2/4/6 magic shackles that can stack on an enemy or spread to multiple enemies for to 2/3/4 seconds, trapping them in domes worth 100/150/200 health and make the enemy take 10/15/20%.

- When stacked on one enemy, the health and damage taken bonus are stacked, but the time they last stays the same. The health of the shackles is for enemies to attack them

Arcane Nova: 17 seconds.

Creates a massive explosion that deals 40/80/120 to 60/120/180 magic damage in a very large area.

- Removes the slow effect and replaces it with more damage and a faster cooldown, since the slow is redundant with a skill that freezes enemies. Instead, this serves to finish off weak ones and heavily damage crowds, as well as have about half the cooldown of Soul Burn, so that it can be used to keep track of when Soul Burn is recharged.

From the Pits of Fire: 32 seconds.

When engaged in melee, Vez'nan transforms into a mighty demon for 3/5/7 seconds that breathes fire, dealing 66-99 damage 1/2/3 times per attack and has the health of the last enemies absorbed by Soul Burn plus 200/300/400.

- Vez'nan doesn't become invincible, but, his health can become very high based on the enemies absorbed. He now possesses melee cabability that makes him able to stall very powerful enemies and deal massive true damage per second, although he cannot use his spells in this form.

Dark Pact: 90 seconds.

Summons a mighty demon to fight enemies for 30 seconds, dealing 50/65/80 to 90/115/130 damage on every attack.

Overall: I tried to make Vez'nan similar to his original version, because I do like it in multiple ways. However, the fact that he uses 2 skills, one that slows and one that outright stops enemies, followed by an instakill, is simply redundant, and wastes his powers. So, I decided to make them serve seperate purposes in order to make Vez'nan less boring to use (he just stalls and slows all the time, followed by a poorly aimed instakill). Now, he can stall an enemy or group of enemies to make them more vulnerable, blow up hordes of enemies, instantly kill them with a mechanic that allows players to use it on enemy groups of any amount of health but still benefit from it, and finally, transform into a tank with great damage, which also benefits from creative use of his instakill.

Each power matches with his abilities in his boss fight: A magical slam (his base attack), trapping enemies in magic cages (his tower freeze), transforming into a demon (his final form), absorbing souls (um... absorbing souls :P ), and summoning demons (his pentagons in the Dark Tower). The multiple uses of Magic Shackles and Soul Burn increases his skill cap, without making players who use him the same way as before lose any benefit from playing the same way. However, now, players can plan out their entire tactic by absorbing a weak enemy in order to absorb a more powerful one later, and then transform into a demon with more health that can tank and dish out massive damage to bosses who can't be killed by Soul Burn. Hopefully, he is now far more engaging to use in battle and less frustratingly, uncharacteristically stupid with his usage of his skills.
BBB

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Sinque Productions » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 am

Wow, I nice twist on the best character. I like it although in KRO, Vez'Nan wasn't a demon yet (I think).
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 am

Sinque Productions wrote:Wow, I nice twist on the best character. I like it although in KRO, Vez'Nan wasn't a demon yet (I think).

In that case, the souls he gathers from Soul Burn can be exchanged to Moloch to summon a different demon in Vez'nan's place. :)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:16 am

First of all, Arisen Evil Vez'nan is a good remake on Vez'nan. He pertains the original playstyle with some interesting changes.

I should point out that you miss out the made-passive range increase, originated from Hermetic Insight, which is missing now, though I guess you already have that in mind.

Soul Burn: I don't think the cooldown is actually that long, my guess is that it has been increased to match the buff in power. Which, is a drastic buff, actually :veznan: The skill has been incredibly strong and is even more so now, so no comment on that. One thing that require clarification is how would Vez'nan react if he stores HP from a single target kill before, and then is presented with a group of foes next time. More specific, let's say Vez'nan killed a Gnoll Reaver with the skill, he stores 2200 HP :o :shock: ; 35 seconds afterwards, he sees a group of ten Harassers. Can he transfer that whooping 2200 HP to vanquish all the Harassers?

Magic Shackles: The cooldown looks longer than the current one in game, has it been increased? Also, it lacks some words at the end, after the 10/15/20% part, which suggest either amplified damage or %HP damage. Either way, the changed mechanics of the Shackles goes overboard. 200 damage is more than enough for any enemy to destroy within a tiny time frame of 4 seconds, maybe except for the Golem, who still fails to break three of them within the same amount of time, unless other enemies can help. I actually prefer the normal version, which is simpler yet remains just as useful - dealing damage is not the point of Magic Shackles. Though Vez'nan sometimes becomes dumb, locking down enemies and then immediately vaporize them :sheep: Kind of power-showing Dark Lord style.

Arcane Nova: I miss the slow. It is not about the CC, but about the awesome scene of a big blast and slowed foes. Two CC skills with different cooldown help keep Vez'nan out of enemies' reach and make it easy for him to dominate a lane. On the other hand, I welcome the raised damage. The current Arcane Nova seems quite weak compare to how I imagine it to be. Lastly, I like it better with odd damage rather than 120-180 ;) Perhaps I am just being nitpicky but to me odd damage is a special aspect of Arcane Nova.

From the Pits of Fire: Crazy new skill, which gives Vez'nan a fresh option on choosing how to fight. The demon form is durable, although unarmored, deals high damage - AoE, I suppose - and in all ways tailor-made to obliterate enemies. The recharge is decently short, though the duration is overwhelmingly so. 3 seconds is merely a blink of an eye. 7 seconds is good enough. 9 seconds is on the edge of OP-ness. I suggest a fixed 9-second duration on all ranks, and the timer is paused when Demon Form Vez'nan moves. So 9 seconds of insane fire damage and bruiser-style blocking, the increased HP makes him tough but not invulnerable, especially against bosses, it would be very cool to watch the duel between him and a big bad foe, such as Baj'Nimen.

8/10 :star:
User

by tmn loveblue » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Malik: Keeper of the Hammer

Stats unchanged.

Innate passive: Malik has a secondary Rage Bar, whose capacity is 225-360 Rage (depends on level; equals to 50% of his HP). Malik gains 5% of his maximum Rage with every attack. When out of combat, he loses 10% of his maximum Rage every second once he starts healing. At 100% Rage, Malik's attacks deal 10% of his Rage as damage to other nearby enemies.

Innate active: Unbreakable Will

When dropped below 30% of his maximum HP, Malik instantly heals by 60% of his current Rage.

Cooldown: 20 seconds.

SKILLS

1. Quake

Malik pounds the ground 3 times, dealing 30/60/90 (+10% of current Rage) area True Damage per smash. Subsequent strikes hitting the same enemy deal half damage.

Cooldown: 6 seconds.

2. Shockhammer

Malik leaps into the air, gaining momentum before delivering a thundering smash, sending a shockwave towards an enemy. The shockwave travels in a line, exploding on impact for 110/220/330 (+50% Rage) physical damage to the target and 50/100/150 (+25% Rage) damage to nearby enemies. The main target is stunned for 2/3/4 seconds, while nearby enemies and those on the path of the shockwave are slowed by 70% for the same duration.

Cooldown: 20 seconds.

TACTICS

Hammer Keeper Malik is all about managing Rage. You want lots of Rage for increased area damage, but you also have to look out for his HP. Against weak foes, Malik can easily tank them, gaining Rage while squashing them with his hammer. Against especially strong foes, winning is all about tactical advance, retreat and usage of Unbreakable Will to buy time and maybe turn the tide. At low levels, Malik's basic attack is very strong and reliable with a full Rage Bar. At high levels, his Rage-scaling skills back up his damage, which has now became somewhat lackluster. Even with a depleted Rage Bar, Malik still retains his notorious tankiness, able to withstand a ton of punishment as he slowly pumps up his Rage.
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Here is my take on Vez'nan.

Soulcatcher Vez'nan

HP: 250 (-70)
Regen: 25 (you can regenerate while using ranged attacks, but only when you are a certain distance away from enemies)
Damage: 34 - 62
Armor: none
Speed: slow (teleport)
Respawn: 20s

passive: every time Vez'nan kills an enemy, he absorbs their soul. He can store up to 20 souls, each soul increasing his damage by 1 point. Every time Vez'nan takes damage, he loses a soul. Any soul will also vanish automatically after 10 seconds. If Vez'nan absorbs a soul when he already has the maximum amount of souls, the oldest soul gets replaced.

- Vez'nan has very unreliable damage due to low minimum damage. I patched that up a bit, in exchange for even less health, making Vez'nan even more high-risk high-reward. The passive makes him even stronger than before, but only if you constantly keep feeding him souls, making him more challenging to use.

Soul Burn (15s): disintegrate all nearby enemies with current health below 75/150/225 and absorb their soul. Souls from disintegrated enemies last 15 seconds instead of ten and they will always replace regular souls if Vez'nan already has 10 souls stored up. The animation is shortened and can be cancelled freely.

- soul burn never targets one big enemy anyway, so it now acts as a quick wave clear on weak or damaged enemies. It's also a way to sniff out souls quickly to strengthen up the passive.

Magic Shackles (12s): trap 2/5/7 enemies in a magical barrier for 3 seconds. Any negative effect, like slow or bleed, applied either before or during imprisonment, will be saved and (re)applied right after the barrier vanishes.

- The damage of this skill was so spread out that it was very unnoticeable on a single enemy, so I removed it entirely in exchange for a lower cooldown and 1 more enemy to be trapped. The fact that this skill saves negative effects until after it ends fixes the redundancy with the slow from Arcane Nova.

Hermetic insight: increase attack range by 5% for every soul Vez'nan has collected. Ability range stuck at 60%.

- At maximum souls, this ability can double Vez'nan's range. There's a soul managing aspect to this ability now, which makes it more interesting than just a flat range increase.

Arcane Nova
Cooldown increased by 2 seconds. The cooldown of the consecutive arcane nova decreases by 1 second for every enemy killed by the current nova, with a maximum of -6 seconds of cooldown. The rest stays the same.

- This adds a bit of strategy to using Arcane Nova. If you master Vez'nan's teleport, you can teleport near the enemy wave at just the right time and snatch a couple of kills to decrease the cooldown for the next Arcane Nova. If you don't snap in and out of battle, you run the risk of wasting the nova on a high health enemy, not getting the kill, and thus not getting any cooldown refund.

Dark Pact
stays the same.

I cleaned up some parts of the sorcerer's kit and made his damage a bit more consistent. Keeping up souls by snapping in and out of fights to dispatch of groups with Soul Burn and Arcane Nova is vital to success. If you can keep it up, Vez'nan can be among the most powerful ranged heroes in the game.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Sinque2 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 pm

Awesome Vez'Nan
Win the game (not just the level)

Yes, this is a joke.

Btw for Soul Catcher Vez'Nan, I would remove the after time soul loss. The passive is a really great idea, but losing souls after time is annoying and doesn't make so much sense based on lore.

Otherwise, awesome.
User

by Ninja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:34 pm

I understand that it's a joke, but I honestly wouldn't even find that awesome in any respect.
:hero:
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Sinque2 wrote:Awesome Vez'Nan
Win the game (not just the level)

Yes, this is a joke.

Btw for Soul Catcher Vez'Nan, I would remove the after time soul loss. The passive is a really great idea, but losing souls after time is annoying and doesn't make so much sense based on lore.

Otherwise, awesome.

The whole point of the passive is that you stay involved in actually controlling Vez'nan. The timer makes you think about where to position him. If a soul would never cease somehow, you can just put Vez'nan behind a barrack and never move him and he'll automatically deal good damage.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Nivus

The Truly Grand Wizard

I am removing Arcane Reach and Arcane Focus from play, as well as altering his attack damage scaling so that he has 35-80 at level 10. In addition, his range now increases with his level, reaching maximum at level 10 without needing Arcane Reach. Stats otherwise unchanged.

SKILLS

1. Magic Mastery

Nivus conjures one of three Rune from his Book, chosen with equal chance. His next attack gains global range and is imbued with the magic of the Rune, thereby enhanced with one of three special effects:

• Weaving Magical Strings: A reduction in movement and attack speed of 55/77/99%, which decays over 10 seconds. Prioritize the foe with the highest damage.
  • Temporal Disruption: A long/longer/insanely long teleport backwards. Prioritize the foe closest to the exit.
  • Silencing Ward: Silences enemies in an AoE for 7/10/13 seconds. Prioritize spellcasters.
Nivus retrieves 3 Rune from his Book, and choose one with his cane, fusing it into the cane for an empowered attack.

Cooldown: 15 seconds

2. Chain Spell

Shoots a regular bolt that pierces to an additional 2/3/4 enemies. Cooldown: 6 seconds.

3. Magic Missiles

Casts 3/5/7 homing magic missiles that never miss. Each deals 12/18/24 damage and slows by 30/50/70% for 3 seconds. Missiles attempt to damage as many enemies as possible, prioritizing those closer to the exit. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

4. Disintegrate

Disintegrates enemies in a small range, whose HP is no more than 25/50/75% of their maximum, and below 225 HP for each enemy. No more than 3/5/7 enemies can be disintegrated. Cooldown: 20 seconds.

5. Aspect of the Arcane

Nivus gains 8/16/24 attack damage for his next attack each time he harms an enemy with an ability. Stack-able with multiple consecutive ability casts.

Aspect of the Arcane cannot be upgraded before other skills.

CHANGES IN PLAYSTYLE

Nivus receives minor changes in this Hero Improvement. He remains a frail glass-cannon, requiring soldiers to provide safe sniping spot. However, his sniping capability has been vastly improved. By replacing Arcane Reach and Arcane Focus, he gains access to two new, game-changing passives: Magic Mastery and Aspect of the Arcane.

Magic Mastery tap on Nivus' expertise on multiple areas of magic, namely the manipulation of time, space, and overpowering hostile spellcasters. He gets a global attack every 15 seconds with this skill - a fantastic sniping tool. Moreover, the enhanced attack carries a special effect that is very useful in stalling the step of enemies. Weaving Magical Strings is a strong slow that rob the strongest enemy of its movement and attack power for a considerable period of time. 'Shock' enemies such as Saurian Brute and Bloodshell are most harmed by this effect, and therefore prioritized. Temporal Disruption is a tailor-made leak catcher, and can also halt the movement of slow, strong foes that are busy fighting your soldiers. Finally, Silencing Ward is the silence that we all want. It targets spellcasters behind enemy lines, those who has been annoying us since we play Kingdom Rush: Frontiers (I'm looking at you, Blood Tricksters). This effect emphasizes Nivus' ability to dominate hostile mages through the superior magical knowledge that he owns. Each of these effects on their own would be OP with a 15-second cooldown, because Nivus can either totally stall or repeatedly disable any enemy, or constantly keep enemy spellcasters' heads down from a safe range. However, with them being stuffed together in one skill, with each having only 33% chance to activate, Nivus might not do the thing you want at that moment, though it is ensured that he will do something else just as useful.

Aspect of the Arcane is a damage-focused skill. With Nivus' 3 original skills centered around harming as many enemies as possible, Aspect of the Arcane can give Nivus a ton of burst damage after each ability usage - 155-200 magic damage after Chain Spell, and 203-248 magic damage after Magic Missiles. Disintegrate may grant a random amount of bonus damage, from just 24 to over 100 with one good activation. Magic Mastery's Silencing Ward, being AoE, may give multiple stacks as well, but it is harder due to the lack of clustered spellcaster in KRF.

In general, Nivus remains the long-ranged mage that he is, with just a little bit of change to his strength. I always feel like he is lacking damage, especially when facing enemies with large HP pools. So now I give him these two tools that helps dealing with those pesky mooks, as well as improving his crowd control, which is almost nonexistent right now despite his kit having multiple multi-target spells. All the while, what I wish to achieve the most is emphasizing his aspect of an eccentric, knowledgeable wizard that he is, and always should be! :hero:

P/s: On a side note, has he been buffed silently. I remember Magic Missiles' cooldown used to be 15 seconds, and Chain Spell's being 7, but now they are 10 and 6, respectively. That of Disintegrate seems shorter, too.
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Obligatory BBB: "silence and teleport are bad I'd just want damage/speed loss so it's only 33% to do something useful"

Very very good, keeping his play style intact while vamping it up a little. Removing stat passives free up for these two excellent abilities that seem tailored to make a very strong role on the battlefield with great utility, and all of his problems have been fixed while the gaps have been filled with excellent and innovative powers.

Very good
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:54 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Obligatory BBB: "silence and teleport are bad I'd just want damage/speed loss so it's only 33% to do something useful"

Yay, my very personality is now a joke! :yey:

Tmn, your Nivus is superb. If others are also willing to submit some more, this perfected form of Nivus would be an honor to have in Fanfic Hero vs Hero. :D
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 am

@BBB sorrryyyyyy

My treasured creations:
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:49 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Tmn, your Nivus is superb. If others are also willing to submit some more, this perfected form of Nivus would be an honor to have in Fanfic Hero vs Hero. :D

Thank you :D I am very glad to receive your always-honored compliment ;) About submitting this entry to the Fanfic Hero Arena, I am very willing to, although I do not have as much confident in Nivus as I have in Karkinos :hero:
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 am

I'm rubbish at creating balanced heroes, enemies and towers for KR but I enjoy doing it and I like to think that I am slowly learning from my mistakes... As such, here is my version of a level ten Kutsao! (I don't think he's a bad hero, by the way... In fact, I quite like him. I just have some cool[?] ideas for him.)

Name: Kutsao the Battle-monk
HP: 400
Armor: None
Respawn: 18 seconds
Melee damage: 25 - 38 (15% chance to bypass all armor, not magic resistance, on each hit)
Ranged damage: None
Speed: Stays the same
Appearance: Stays the same
Abilities:
Serpent Foresight: Cooldown: None, 1 / 1 / 2. Kutsao gains a 50% / 75% / 100% chance to sense incoming projectiles, using his chi to expertly deflect them back towards whatever sent them towards him. When sent back, these projectiles do the same amount of damage that they would normally do, but they bypass the enemies armor and / or magic resistance. Kutsao's animation for this ability involves him coolly knocking the projectile back with a sudden flick of his arm, causing a small burst of golden chi.
Crane Counterattack: Cooldown: None, 2 / 2 / 2. Kutsao gains a 20% chance to attack an enemy instead of having the enemy attack him. This attack takes the form of a jump-kick wreathed in golden flame-y chi, and does 2 / 3 / 4 times the damage that Kutsao took in the last 5 / 6 / 7 seconds.
Dragon Rush: Cooldown: 18 seconds, 3 / 3 / 3. Kutsao unleashes a powerful attack made out of the usual golden flame-y chi that takes the shape of a Chinese dragon lunging forward. This attack deals 200 / 250 / 300 damage to enemies that are near the start of the blast, 150 / 200 / 250 damage to enemies that are in the middle of the blast and 100 / 150 / 200 damage to enemies that are near the end of the blast. This attack deals magic damage.
Tiger Punch: Cooldown: 10 seconds, 1 / 2 / 2. Kutsao focuses his golden chi into one powerful punch that deals 75 / 90 / 105 true damage with a 100% chance to stun enemies for 3 seconds.
Leopard Strikes: Cooldown: 12 seconds, 2 / 2 / 2. Kutsao performs a quick flurry of 4 chi-fueled punches, each dealing 25 - 30 / 30 - 35 / 35 - 40 damage. Each individual blow has a 25% chance of dealing normal damage, a 25% chance of dealing magic damage, a 25% chance of dealing magic-resistance piercing damage and a 25% chance of dealing true damage. This flurry halves enemy damage for 8 seconds by targeting the enemies joints.

Critiques are appreciated! :mrgreen:
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Sinque2 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:52 am

Powerful Demon Lord Vez'Nan

Look: Like my profile picture, but with black horns. When alive start with 100% opacity and gradually lose opacity down to 0%. Magic from his form will fly around him. Has red fireballs for attacks.

Lore: A demon so powerful, to avoid destroying everything, he must stay in a weak magic form while away from hell.

Stats: (Level 10)
Health: 320
Ranged Attack Damage: 66/10% for every 10% less of his health.
Attacking makes 'Magic Form' happen (reduces his health by 10%, etc.) The damage now occurs around the enemy he hits.
If a demon is engaged with an enemy, if Vez'Nan attacks that enemy, they gain shields worth 33 health (see 'Demonic Shield' for how it works)
Attacks per second: 0.66
Speed: Fast (Flies through the air, with the shape fazing behind it) Every second of moving makes 'Magic Form' happen at double speed.
Respawn Time: 5 Seconds

Magic Form: Passive
Every second, Vez'Nan loses 10% of his health, gains 5%/10%/15% armor (to external sources) (up to immune), loses 10% opacity, and he deals 10/15/20 damage area damage around him. On death, deal 150/200/250 damage to enemies around him.

Demon Soldiers: Passive
Barracks now spawn Demon Spawn instead with the same health and upgrades, but when killed, they deal 100/200/300 area damage.

Call Demon: Replaces reinforcements Cooldown 15 Seconds
Summon 2 demons with 50/100/150 health that last 20 seconds and deal 10-15/12-17/15-20 melee damage.

The can be further improved with the upgrading in the upgrading center.

Skilled Defenders: Improve the demon health by 50 and attack damage by 2.
Elven Stars: Give demons a ranged fireball attack.
Green Wardens: Improve demon health by 50, improve their armor to low, and deal 2 more damage.
Rapid Response: Reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds.
Moon Sentinels: The demons now ride small Cerberus that independently deal 10-15 melee damage.

Rain of Hell: Replaces rain of fire/thunderbolt. Cooldown 80 seconds.
3 reddish beams fly from the sky in an area, each dealing 100/150/300 area damage.

The can be further improved with the upgrading in the upgrading center.
Blazing Skies: Add 2 more beams.
Scorched Earth: A red portal appears on the ground, sucking enemies into it. After 3 seconds, the enemies appear back on the ground.
The Fast and the Furious: Increases beam damage by 15%, radius by 25% and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.
Blazing Earth: The portal now does 50 damage per second to all enemies in it and last 2 more seconds and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.
Cataclysm: Every other usage fires an additional 15 beams across the path.

Demonic Shields: 15 Second cooldown Heroic Slot
Give all nearby demons shields that last forever and have the amount of health he has, killing Vez'Nan in the process. The demons cannot take damage while the shield is up (if a demon has 400 health and 200 shield, dealing 300 damage only removes the shield, the demon it still at full health).

I wonder how unbalanced this is.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm getting more addicted. Send more help.

Dierdre

Initial stats are the same except she has the HP bonus from Divine Health, and her armor goes up as she levels up.

Innate ability: She deals true damage, doubly against Shadowmoon enemies, and she can teleport.

Skills:

Healing Light (active, cooldown: 6 seconds)
Heals up to 3 allies for 33/50/66% their health, and has a 11/22/33% chance to grant them an extra life, reviving them the next time they die. Troops with an extra life can't receive another.

Empowering Light (active, cooldown: 8 seconds)
Grants a tower the ability to deal true damage and raises their damage by 20% for 6/10/14 seconds.

Protective Light (active, cooldown: 10 seconds)
Raises defense of nearby allies for 10/20/30 seconds.

Paragon Light (passive)
Dierdre's sheer divinity burns nearby enemies for 9/18/27 damage per second and lowers their defense.

Judgement Light (active, cooldown: 20 seconds)
Summons a huge pillar of light for 3/6/9 seconds over an area that burns enemies for 18/36/54 damage per second, heals allies for the same amount, and raises their defense. During this, Dierdre can't use any other active skills, and this skill takes last priority.

Notes:
I'm just trying to get rid of her stat ups and giving her a consistent theme.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Kahz
The Warlord

HP: 660
Damage: 34-62
Armor: Medium (50%)
Heal rate: 40

SKILLS

1. Bull Rush

Gores an enemy, does 60/120/180 damage and stuns for 4 seconds. All enemies on Kahz's path are trampled, take half the damage and are stunned for 2 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 seconds; reduced by 5 seconds if the main target is killed while still being stunned.

2. Blood Axe

Kahz's next attack does double/triple/quadruple True Damage and heals him for 20-50/45-85/70-120 HP. Healing is quadrupled if Blood Axe cleaves at least 20% maximum HP of an enemy with more HP than Kahz.

Cooldown: 12 seconds. Blood Axe's cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds each time Kahz stuns one enemy.

3. Daedalus' Maze

Teleport the enemy closest to the exit to Kahz, stunning it for 4/5/6 seconds. Enemies near Kahz when he uses the skill are caught in the Maze's gate, and stunned for 2/3/4 seconds.

Cooldown: 15 seconds.

4. Doom Spin

Kahz whirls his massive axe, dealing 16-48/32-96/48-144 damage. Kahz is healed by 15/25/35 HP for each enemy the skill slays.

Cooldown: 8 seconds. Doom Spin recharges twice as fast during Roar of Fury's duration.

5. Roar of Fury

Amplify all of Kahz's damage and that of all towers by 50%/100%/150% for 4 seconds. Kahz is healed by 15/25/35 HP for each enemy slain during the duration.

Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Order of Importance: Roar of Fury > Doom Spin > Blood Axe > Bull Rush > Daedalus' Maze

PLAYSTYLE CHANGES

Kahz is supposed to be the pinnacle of risk vs reward playstyle. He has Bull Rush, he has the Maze, and he has Blood Axe, everything to be an all-in no-retreat hero (even more so than Karkinos). However, he has failed in that very aspect, for reasons we all know. Instead of being a rampaging warlord, Kahz fades to a whim with a whimpy heal rate, who keeps summoning enemies to himself while not being able to stop them. Not anymore! :hero: My hands are here to bring the glory back to the forgotten warlord, to award him the strength that he has lost, for Kahz to avenge those that laughed upon his former whimpiness, and cleanse the Linirean land of endless waves of enemies! :hero: :hero: :hero:

First, what Kahz needs is a healing factor in his skills. His whimpy heal rate and Maze of Daedalus keeps him from healing properly, and if Kahz cannot heal, he cannot fight. With a strong healing component in Blood Axe, which is now cooldown-dependent instead of luck-based, Kahz can be more confident in initiating the fights. His generous HP bar, armor and damage allows Kahz to easily vamp from weak enemies and stay healthy while decimating scores of foes. However, he is not any weaker against the big ones. Healing from Blood Axe is quadrupled if the skill hits a large foe and deals lots of damage, making Kahz virtually an unstoppable, unkillable tank. His other skills, Doom Spin and Roar of Fury both have a weak healing factor, though enough considering Doom Spin's reduced cooldown and Roar of Fury's massive damage boost, both allow the healing to be multiplied. These are all advantages that Kahz can abuse to come out on top even against the worst of odds - just what he's supposed to do!

Second, Kahz needs more damage to make up for his unreliable, chaotic nature. Making Blood Axe cooldown-dependent hurts Kahz's potential damage; to compensate for this, Blood Axe now have a cooldown-reducing mechanism, depending directly on Kahz's tendency to stun people. The more foes Kahz stuns, the faster he gets his Blood Axe, the more damage he deals! :veznan: This new mechanic reward the action of sending Kahz into battle with tons of foes, because the more enemies there are, the stronger Kahz is :veznan: :veznan: :veznan: Falling back and heal is for the whims - Kahz heals in the midst of battle. The Warlord hungers for war, he shall rampage relentlessly until the last enemy has fallen, and now, nothing refrain him from doing so! :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :hero:
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Kutsao

Attack Damage: 12-36
Re-spawn: 12 seconds

Kutsao needs more attack damage. The point is to give him a greater degree of impact without strictly relying on his skills. On the other hand, reducing his re-spawn timer lessens the penalty of not having armor while only have a modest amount of HP.

SKILLS

Here is where the real fun begins. Kutsao has 5 abilities, each represent an animal. Now, after using any of the five abilities, Kutsao gains a buff unique to that skill for a set period of time or a set number of attacks, enhancing his melee prowess for the duration. Each lasting buff is different and does not interfere with one another, allowing Kutsao to keep multiple of them at once should he use his abilities in a flurry.

Without further ado:

1. Tiger Style

Mimic the paw of a tiger, dealing 40/80/120 True Damage on his next attack. Should he not currently engaged in melee, Tiger Style's empowered attack sends Kutsao dashing to his victim from a range up to Very Long. Cooldown: 12 seconds (6 seconds if Tiger Style slays its victim)

- Tooth and Nail: Kutsao's attacks deal 10/20/30 bonus True Damage for 6 seconds after using Tiger Style.

2. Crane Style

Kutsao has 20/40/60% chance to dodge any ranged or melee attack directed at him, returning a blow of his own. Area attacks cannot be parried but the counterattack still trigger should the chance proc.

- Wings of Justice: On every 4th parry, Kutsao performs a leg sweep on his counterattack, dealing 100% of his base damage in a small area and slowing all enemies hit by 20/40/60% for 2 seconds.

3. Dragon Style

Transforms his Chi into a flaming dragon, dealing 90/120/150 magic damage. Cooldown: 18 seconds.

- Chi Fire: For 5 seconds, Kutsao is surrounded by a halo of flame, reducing incoming damage by 40%. For the duration, his attacks deal 4% of the enemy's current HP as bonus magic damage, capped between 10-80. At the end of the duration, his aura erupts, dealing the same magic damage (90/120/150) again in a wider AoE and stunning all enemies hit for 3 seconds.

4. Leopard Style

Unleashes 3/5/7 lightning fast attacks on up to 3 enemies, each attack dealing 100% of Kutsao's base damage + any bonus damage he currently have (Tiger Style and Dragon Style applied). Cooldown: 14 seconds.

- Fast Claws: Kutsao's next 5 attacks within 10 seconds strike twice, with a small chance of hitting two different targets (miniature Leopard Style).

5. Snake Style

Performs a crippling strike (40/60/80 damage) that reduce the opponent's attack damage by 20/40/60% permanently. Cooldown: 16 seconds, reduced by half if the target dies.

Attack animation changed to Kutsao dashing through the target and bouncing back fluidly.

- Twin Fangs: Kutsao's next 5 attacks each have 50% chance to gain bonus True Damage equal to 100% of the target's original attack damage. Double attacks from Fast Claws (Leopard Style) have each strike proc the chance individually.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Wow! So many hero adaptations on this page alone, I'm so proud of this thread, it's already far exceeded my expectations.

(Although I haven't dipped my toe very much, but I hope to create more of my own some point soon.)

Its excellent to have to add 3 new names to the list, and my goodness is TMN prolific, excellent work!

My treasured creations:
User

PreviousNext