The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:OP updated

Thank you. I don't really think you update with Oof_Shunt's stuff yet, because his adaptations aren't really finished. I don't have any personal grudge against him, it's just that his stuff is missing vital information. They're left unfinished, to be shelled out later, or at least that's what it seems like to me. (Unless of course he deems them so, but I don't really see how he can.)

Can you also place links to the specific comments that the heroes were made in in the OP too? :)
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Good on the OP, and I do support links to the pages they're on. However, would you mind removing the Mirages and adding Grawl to that list? I feel as if Mirage wasn't my best work.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Of course. My apologies for somehow omitting Grawl.

Anything on Faustus?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RZRider » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:07 pm

What do you mean anything on Faustus Kingmaker. I do not see his recreation.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:15 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Of course. My apologies for somehow omitting Grawl.

Anything on Faustus?

Funny you ask that, I was just about to type up my adaptation of him. :shock: (I've decided that I'll post here and in my own thread. :) )
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Alleria (Squishy Ranged)

Stats: (All L10)
Health: 430
Damage: 17-25 (no change)
Ranged: 14-23
Secondary: Shortbow: If an enemy is less than 5 meters away, Alleria uses a shortbow, firing at 1.5x her current speed but dealing 0.75x damage.
Longbow: Reverse effects of shortbow, if an enemy is more than 5 meters away. Each affects her Multishot ability.

Powers:
Multishot (active, 5 seconds): Shortbow: Fires 4/5/6 arrows which deal magical damage to foes.
Longbow: Fires 1/2/3 shots dealing true damage.
Call of the Wild (passive):
Damage: 6-8/11-13/16-18
HP: 200/425/650
Respawn: 15 seconds
At level 2, gains 40% magic resistance.
At level 3, may inflict bleed damage (20%) at 4 dps for 5 seconds.

Some Aesthetics:
-Alleria's bows are visibly different.
-Multishot's short range arrows are teal.
-The long range multishot arrows are gold.
-The cat is still catty.

Tips and stuff:
-She now is hopefully less UP, with a choice to either focus her on long range or short range attacks. Neither really impacts damage output.
-Multishot gives her an armor-counter, and a useful pseudo-AoE.
-The cat now is slightly better damage and defense-wise, so it can not die within the first 10 seconds.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:50 pm

By Faustus I mean on some of the feedback I asked for when I stated I updated the OP

I just wanted some feedback to actually have a hero improved by the entire community and not a community member

My treasured creations:
User

by RZRider » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:55 am

Can I put my hero change in here? I am working on one for ashbite
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 am

RZRider wrote:Can I put my hero change in here? I am working on one for ashbite

Of course! This is for the Community after all. :D
User

by RZRider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:27 pm

I don't want to use this adaptation of ashbite
Last edited by RZRider on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:42 pm

It sounds cool; but overall I'm not sure if it's better.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeah, I had some trouble with it.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:48 pm

I'll review each of his abilities in order. They'll be numbered. (Talking about RZ's Ashbite here.)

His stats are good, but that much HP plus armor is pretty OP for a flying unit. I mean, 2/3 of the enemies already can't even target him. Armor on top of that will make virtually invulnerable. Also, that secondary is a bit UP. Decrease it's CD by 10 seconds and it'll be good.

1. Feast has always been UP. At least give it a buff.
2. I don't really like this power, as it goes against Ashbite's Fire Damage/DPS skills theme. On top of that, it's pretty OP. The way I understood it, it sends all enemies in front of him back to the beginning of the path. This is probably not what it was trying to convey, but that's all that can be gotten out of that description. This would probably go better with a wind themed dragon hero.
3. I like this power, but it needs a couple changes. First off, just replace Feast with this and then find a different power to fill this skill slot. Second, give it a HUGE buff. I mean, instakills take 20 seconds to recharge, and this is most certainly NOT an instakill. ;)
4. This power doesn't fit a dragon hero's theme, if you know what I mean. Beyond that, it's also pretty UP.
5. Ugh, no. Never replace an original power with a stat passive. Please.
User

by RZRider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:01 pm

You know what, I am just not going to fix it. It is just plain awful. What would the point be.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm

If that's really what you think about what you wrote then fine, but please do do one up again and post it here, because I didn't actually have time to read what you posted.

My treasured creations:
User

by RZRider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Sorry,but I don't think I'll do another one.I guessI like making original heroes then changing ones that are already made.Whatisthe point of doing this if it isn't fun.
User

by RZRider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Sorry,but I don't think I'll do another one.I guessI like making original heroes then changing ones that are already made.Whatisthe point of doing this if it isn't fun.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Either way, please continue doing something. A thread for the community means anyone can participate, not that everyone has to participate, and I value your input here, but of course if you don't enjoy doing somethign then don't.

My treasured creations:
User

by Fenrir » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 pm

I ignored this thread for a while without really knowing why, but now that I read it I thinks it's a really good idea and I wanted to improve some heroes. However most heroes are already improved so I'm going to improve the SECONDARY heroes :yey:

Bolverk 2.00

Stats (lvl 10)
Hp: 600 (originally 545)
Armor: low or 20% (originally none)
Damage: same as before but can now throw his hatchets at low and medium range

Powers
Twin axes: attacks 3 times in quick succession with each attack dealing 1.5x normal damage and with the last strike being AOE
Battle cry: Bolverk shouts and stuns all enemies around him for 4 seconds

Aesthetics: still looks the same

Overview
Bolverk received a lot of criticism when he came out. The main problem was that he was so squishy and died instantly. I fixed that by giving him a health and armor boost. I also made his battle cry ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. He can also dish out more damage thanks to his ranged boost, although he has a pretty short range.
WAZZZZZUP!!!
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Faustus is on his way, but I have nothing for his fourth power :/

My treasured creations:
User

PreviousNext