The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:01 pm

This is a very solid remake, Tmn. ;)

At first, I was opposed to the changes to his boulder throw, but because of the way that all of his other skills demand him to be in combat and tanking damage, it makes a lot of sense. He's going to be in combat no matter what, and only needs to worry about melee attacks because of Rock Solid, thus, allowing him to lose or deal that amount of health/damage feels less consequential and more beneficial. He'll regenerate his health quickly thanks to Bastion and gets a stronger version of Stomp when weakened, so he's protected when weak, as well. The only thing that stays the same is Shard Punch, although the cooldown looks shorter. He's fully stronger yet has a much more complex playstyle. I'd say it's a welcome remake! :D
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:This is a very solid remake, Tmn. ;)

At first, I was opposed to the changes to his boulder throw, but because of the way that all of his other skills demand him to be in combat and tanking damage, it makes a lot of sense. He's going to be in combat no matter what, and only needs to worry about melee attacks because of Rock Solid, thus, allowing him to lose or deal that amount of health/damage feels less consequential and more beneficial. He'll regenerate his health quickly thanks to Bastion and gets a stronger version of Stomp when weakened, so he's protected when weak, as well. The only thing that stays the same is Shard Punch, although the cooldown looks shorter. He's fully stronger yet has a much more complex playstyle. I'd say it's a welcome remake! :D

;) Thanks pal :hero: I sort of made him in a hurry, so I was kind of worry about the quality.

On the other hand, I really like your remake of Karkinos. Conditioning and Iron Pincer gives him a very unique playstyle that is very rewarding as well. Burrows futher compliment this playstyle, although I think he would move too fast for the eye to see at that speed ;) One thing I do not like though, is the low base damage that he has, now having lost the original Iron Pincer, and the unreliability of Extension Strike (cool name btw), both in the luck-based factor and the modest alpha damage and DPS of the skill. I suggest moderately buff his damage and improve Extension Strike's base damage by 50% at all tier, so he would have less of a problem trying to deal damage without Iron Pincer. Extension Strike has an increased cooldown of twice that of Flurry, and being Karkinos's major damaging skill, I imagine it should have the same DPS when used against two enemies, and more if the player manage to hit more foes and/or the luck kicks in. IMO, a luck-based skill should perform just fine without luck, and amazingly good when one gets lucky ;) :hero:

Speaking of which, I am posting my remake of Karkinos, too. Definitely inspired by yours, BBB ;)

Mechanical Karkinos

HP: 450
Armour: Medium (35%)
Magic Resistance: Medium (35%)
Damage: 33-49
Movement Speed: Slow
Heal rate: 10%
Respawn: 18 seconds

New: Karkinos has a pincer that is significantly bigger, with large, obvious chains attached to it.

New passive: Burrow. Karkinos covers long distances extremely quickly by burrowing underground, however, it takes him 1 second to begin to burrow first.

SKILLS

1. Iron Pincer

Karkinos' attacks have 60% chance to ignore armor and cleave 4/8/12% of the enemy's maximum health.

Karkinos chops his enemy viciously with the big pincer when this skill triggers.

2. Mechanical Pincer (9 seconds)

Shoots his mechanical pincer, dealing 75/125/175 True Damage to enemies it passes through. The last enemy is grabbed, robbed of all movements for 2/3/4 seconds, during which Karkinos' attack speed is halved by 50%. Moving Karkinos out of range or tapping the locked enemy will instantly end the effect.

3. Hydraulics Augmentation (20 seconds)

For 8 seconds, Karkinos deals 22/44/66 bonus True Damage with his melee attacks, which instantly kill enemies below 50/100/150 HP. During this period, Karkinos rapidly burrow to enemies when he engage them.

Karkinos is slowed by 50% for 4 seconds after effect ends.
Hydraulic Augmentation only activates in melee, and instantly ends Mechanical Pincer's gripping effect. Karkinos cannot use Mechanical Pincer while Hydraulic Augmentation is active.

4. Perseverance Protocol

Karkinos shields himself for 1 second for 10/20/30% of whatever damage he does, doubled to 20/40/60% when he is below 40% health.

Effect: Blue-tinted, glass-like hexagons forming a shield around Karkinos, lighting up when taking damage.

5. Adaptive Defenses

Karkinos adapts to his enemy, gaining 15/30/45% resistance to the main kind of damage that his enemy deals. The bonus resistance persists for 3 seconds after leaving combat. It takes him 1.5 seconds to adapt and gain the bonus resistance.

Adaptive Defenses cannot resist True Damage.

CHANGES IN PLAYSTYLE

Mechanical Karkinos sheds his glue cannon to specialize on an aggressive melee monster role. I want to emphasize on his aspect of a mechanically enhanced bio-organism, the tech and the flesh merge together to create a more powerful whole. Led by that idea, my tweaks turn Karkinos from the direction of a utility semi-tank to a ruthless gladiator, armed with an arsenal of weapons and tools:

1. Pincers: Karkinos' pincers is his unique weapon, his signature that distinguish him from other heroes. It should be focused on when one looks at him, and should be looked upon and feared by his enemies. To achieve such effect, first a change is required in the appearance of the pincers, to make them big and fearsome, especially the one used for Mechanical Pincer. Second, they must have their own dedicated skill with a special effect to make the core of their identity. Iron Pincer fulfills that role: Karkinos's pincers are so strong that they rip the enemies right through, no matter how durable they are. This %HP effect makes Karkinos a great tank-destroyer, though one must mind his own durability, since he no longer have Battle Hardened for easy damage absorption.

Mechanical Pincer is another of Karkinos' unique skill. This skill turns on the half-machine aspect of Karkinos, improves the lethality of his pincers by giving them the capability to attack at range. Karkinos uses the immense strength of his large pincer to grip enemies into submission, though such action robs him of a powerful weapon, halving his own attack speed. It is up to the player to decide whether it is more profitable to stop that foe he is grabbing onto, or to let it go free to focus on another foe at hand. Or to isolate one big foe, make Karkinos stops it and pounds it with his other pincer. True brutality :skull:

2. Offensive system: Karkinos gains access to a powerful Overdrive mode in trade of his Glue Shot. Functioning much like Reg'son's Eldritch Blade, Hydraulics Augmentation drastically buff Karkinos' attack power for a reasonably long period of time, allowing him to rapidly and single-handedly dispatch whole groups of weak enemies, or to slug it out with a bigger one. Similar to Eldritch Blade, good placement of Karkinos is crucial to maximize the usefulness of the skill. Not similar to Eldritch Blade, Hydraulics Augmentation has a significantly long cooldown, to compensate for Karkinos's improved durability over that of Reg'son.

3. Defensive system: Karkinos is protected by two good defensive mechanism: Perseverance Protocol and Adaptive Defenses. Perseverance Protocol is no way near as good as Battle Hardened, but it is a solid choice versus weak foes, and especially versus the constant HP-drain of DoTs, arguably better than Battle Hardened in this regard. When coupled with Iron Pincer, Karkinos has the potential to steal a lot of HP from very powerful foes, like Saurian Brutes, Bloodshells and Bluegales, to the point of almost nullifying their damage for that whole second when the shield holds. This is very rewarding to Karkinos's playstyle as a melee bruiser, allowing him to take hits and still comes out on top. To further add to Karkinos's durability, Adaptive Defenses grants him a large amount of damage reduction, total up to either 80% armor or 80% magic resistance, making Karkinos an all-rounder tank against almost all sort of foes. However, both of his defense systems are tailor made for a bruiser playstyle, favoring long, enduring fights over fast-paced maneuvers. He cannot resist neither burst damage nor True Damage, and is especially vulnerable to a devastating burst of True Damage, which can easily wreck him.

In general, Mechanical Karkinos is designed to either decimate numerous weak foes, or to stave off a powerful enemy for extended periods of time. He is strongest when he fights and takes advantage with his skills, but is in no way invincible. With a 10% heal rate, tactical retreat is advised when he is low on health. Play to his strength, and you will have a very rewarding unit under your command :hero:
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
User

by Minuet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Nobody gives Ashbite any love ;-;

I didn't really bother too much with numbers as he's flying and has to compete with Bonehart so OPness is partially intended.

Ancalagon Ashbite

Base stats unchanged
HP: 600 (+20) (420)
Damage: 34-50 (+3/3) (7-23)
Armour: None
Respawn: 30s

Updated Secondary Abilities
-Attacks while flying deal splash damage.
-Attacks while flying and fire-based abilities (Blazing Breath, Wildfire Torpedo) deal 10+(2xlevel) damage over 3 seconds.
-Can now attack enemies more consistently while flying, having a higher attack range but unable to target enemies directly beneath him.
-Moving Ashbite a short distance causes him to land, gaining the ability to block enemies, but losing his ranged attack and gaining a melee attack that deals the same damage once per second, being seen as him biting the enemy. Moving him a far distance causes him to start flying instead. He moves much slower while grounded, and takes a short time to land/lift off.
-Immune to poison.

Blazing Breath -> Blazing Breath (active) (Cooldown: 10 seconds) (2/2/2)
Spews forth a cone of searing flames dealing 30/60/90 damage to enemies caught in it, burning damage applied by this ability lasts an additional second, dealing 25% more damage. If used on the ground, spews fire directly at the enemies, gaining a much higher AoE, but if used in the air, he breathes fire for an additional second, doubling the damage dealt.

Feast -> Feast (active) (Cooldown: 24 seconds) (3/3/3)
Dives and feasts upon an enemy, dealing 60/120/180 physical damage, with a 40%/50%/60% chance of devouring it. If he successfully devours an enemy, the cooldown is instantly reset. Used on the foe he’s currently facing while on the ground.

Wildfire Barrage -> Wildfire Torpedo (Cooldown: 18 seconds) (3/2/2)
Wreaths himself in fire and goes into a frenzy, flying a large distance (the diameter of a CF’s base range) in a straight line, burning all enemies in a wide radius below him for 90/120/150 fire damage, (enemies directly in his path take an extra 30 physical damage), then returning the same way to his original position, dealing the same damage. If on the ground and facing an enemy, he’ll roar in the enemy’s face before lifting off, stunning them until he returns.

Fiery Mist -> Exhume Heat (passive) (1/1/1)
Flying: Ashbite creates searing hot air with every beat of his wings, creating a field of hot air a short distance around him that slows down enemies by 10/15/20% for 2 seconds and applies burning damage if they remain the field for 3 seconds, both effects are continuously reapplied every 0.1 seconds while enemies remain in the field. The aura persists while he is moving (flying).
Grounded: Every 3 attacks, Ashbite overheats, releasing a cloud of smoke a close distance around him that lasts for 1 second, dealing 15/20/25 fire damage to all enemies around him and slowing enemies by 50/60/70% for 0.5 seconds, the slow.

Reign of Fire -> Flaming Fervor (passive) (3/1/1)
Increases burning damage by 20/40/60%, and grants him Medium (50%) armour when on the ground.

There's... no real aim here, I just wanted him to be a bit more interactive and responsive.
Last edited by Minuet on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 am

ANCALAGON?! THE TOLKIEN REFERENCES FUEL MEEEEEEE!!
But seriously... I like this idea! The only thing I really noticed is that having to make Ashbite fly back and fourth if you want him to be flying or walking would be kinda' annoying. I would just make it so that when you use him there is some sort of on/off switch on the screen.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: The Community improves heroes

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:23 am

Brutal Bruce

(Everyone is renaming heroes so why not?)

HP: 600 (added 10)
Regen: 33 (added 3)
Melee: 40-59 (Remains the same)
Armor: 50% (probably the same but the game never clarifies)
Speed: Average (Remains the same)
Respawn: 20s (added 2)

Innate: Regenerates 1 HP every other second at all times.

(Sharp Claws) Vicious: Passive

Bruce's melee attacks and skills have a 10/20/30% chance to cause bleeding to enemies and increase his melee damage by 15/30/45 points against bleeding targets.

(King's Roar) King's Feast: 28 seconds

Unleashes a roar that stuns enemies for 1/2/3 seconds. For each enemy stunned, Bruce enters a state of bloodlust for an extra 1/2/3 seconds in which his damage and bleeding bonus are doubled.

(Lion's Fur) Ferocious Fangs: Passive

Each attack on a bleeding target has a 20/35/50% chance to regenerate Bruce's health by the damage dealt.

(Grevious Bites) Brutalize: 15 seconds

Bruce bites through to an enemy's flesh, dealing 90/115/140 True Damage and an additional 10/30/50 for every second that the enemy has been bleeding.

- Only applies to targets who are already bleeding.

(Guardian Lions) King's Pride: 50 seconds

Summons 3 magical manifestations of Bruce's pride that dash down the lane, dealing 100/200/300/400 True Damage each to as many enemies as they can.

- Lions will now move on to new targets if the original dies before all 400 True Damage could be dealt.

Backstory: There lived a mortal king in a distant, grand kingdom, filled with the most splendid riches and grand structures in the continent. Although many threats loomed outside of the kingdom's borders, the only one that ever posed a truly fearsome threat was a shapeshifting sorcerer. The king was so proud of his empire and of his own fighting ability that he set off to destroy the sorcerer himself, and free the land of this villain.

The king battled foe after foe as he scoured the land in search of this sorcerer. When he finally encountered him, they engaged in a battle that lasted for days. Apes, rhinos, vultures, boars, and more clashed claw and fang against the king's steel. Refusing to come so far just to lose, the king leapt at the sorcerer as he changed forms yet again. In the brilliant flash of magic that transformed the sorcerer's body into a new beast, the king had been caught inside just as he dealt a fatal blow to the sorcerer. The magic instead wrapped around him, transforming him partly into a lion, but his humanity seemed to partially persist. The king had become a werelion, part human and part lion. He had human posture, dexterous hands, and the ability to speak, but the fur and strength of a magical lion.

Ashamed and angered that he could not defeat the sorcerer flawlessly, and that he had been transformed into a subhuman creature, the king roared with fury. He tried to return to his kingdom, but his people thought that he was the sorcerer, who had returned after defeating the king. Unable to convince them otherwise, he was forced out by the soldiers of the mighty kingdom he once caled his own. The ex-king could not even find solace as a true lion, for he lacked the claws and posture to hunt and kill like a true beast.

However, he would not be discouraged. The king used his human hands to craft his own claws out of the tree bark that he could scavenge. He spent hours each day meditating to better understand the magic that had transformed him. Though he could not revert to his human form, he had found the power to call forth his indignant rage from being transformed, summoning magical lions for a brief moment that would take out all of his own anger by brutally slashing anything in their wake. The king had found his old pride. He vowed to regain his glory as well, by using his newfound power to protect the good people from evil. He fights for respect, and honor.
BBB

by Minuet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:33 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:ANCALAGON?! THE TOLKIEN REFERENCES FUEL MEEEEEEE!!
But seriously... I like this idea! The only thing I really noticed is that having to make Ashbite fly back and fourth if you want him to be flying or walking would be kinda' annoying. I would just make it so that when you use him there is some sort of on/off switch on the screen.

^_^ I was originally gonna call him Proto-Dragon Ashbite but I liked the Tolkien reference better hue.

I was intentionally trying to avoid using a button actually, it would function more like how the teleporting characters teleport when moving, or walk/run, as if you target a far-away location with a teleporting character then target somewhere else before they actually teleport there, they end up teleporting anyways so you can teleport short distances. Wow I wrote teleport a lot. Teleport. Anyways it would work similarly with Ashbite.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Minuet wrote:Ancalagon Ashbite

Base stats unchanged
HP: 600 (+20) (420)
Damage: 34-50 (+3/3) (7-23)
Armour: None
Respawn: 30s

Updated Secondary Abilities
-Attacks while flying deal splash damage.
-Attacks while flying and fire-based abilities (Blazing Breath, Wildfire Torpedo) deal 10+(2xlevel) damage over 3 seconds.
-Can now attack enemies more consistently while flying, having a higher attack range but unable to target enemies directly beneath him.
-Moving Ashbite a short distance causes him to land, gaining the ability to block enemies, but losing his ranged attack and gaining a melee attack that deals the same damage once per second, being seen as him biting the enemy. Moving him a far distance causes him to start flying instead. He moves much slower while grounded, and takes a short time to land/lift off.
-Immune to poison.

The flying/landing mechanism is awesome! ;) However, there is one flaw that Ruby_Hex pointed out: to make him take off, you would have to click far away, then click back near, which can be troublesome sometimes. However, I cannot think of any better way.

Blazing Breath -> Blazing Breath (active) (Cooldown: 12 seconds) (2/2/2)
Spews forth a cone of searing flames dealing 30/60/90 damage to enemies caught in it. If used on the ground, spews fire directly at the enemies, gaining a much higher AoE.

The DPS of this skill originally sucks, and it still does, due to the longer cooldown and not much improved damage output. I expect the ground version to be better with the increased AoE, though you should change something about the flying version, because it is not very good right now.

Feast -> Feast (active) (Cooldown: 24 seconds) (3/3/3)
Dives and feasts upon an enemy, dealing 60/120/180 physical damage, with a 40%/50%/60% chance of devouring it. If he successfully devours an enemy, the cooldown is instantly reset. Used on the foe he’s currently facing while on the ground.

The cooldown reset part plus the increased devour chance is a nice addition. Good one. The ground version can be aimed easier, which is good, too.

Wildfire Barrage -> Wildfire Torpedo (Cooldown: 18 seconds) (3/2/2)
Wreaths himself in fire and goes into a frenzy, flying a large distance (the diameter of a CF’s base range) in a straight line, burning all enemies in a wide radius below him for 90/120/150 fire damage, (enemies directly in his path take an extra 30 physical damage), then returning the same way to his original position, dealing the same damage. If on the ground and facing an enemy, he’ll roar in the enemy’s face before lifting off, stunning them until he returns.

Extremely powerful skill, well designed and atmospheric ;) I like this one a lot!

Fiery Mist -> Exhume Heat (passive) (1/1/1)
Flying: Ashbite creates searing hot air with every beat of his wings, creating a field of hot air a short distance around him that slows down enemies by 10/15/20% and appliescontinuously reapplying burning damage if they remain in the field for 3 seconds. Resetting upon them leaving it.
Grounded: Ashbite’s melee attacks apply burning damage if he attacks the same enemy 4/3/2 times in a row.

Very powerful as well, though I think the flying version is a little more rewarding due to the constant DoT in an area as oppose to just one enemy when grounded. I think when grounded, Exhume Heat should release a burst of smoldering smoke for AoE damage instead of merely deal fire damage to one foe.

Reign of Fire -> Flaming Fervor (passive) (3/1/1)
Increases burning damage by 20/40/60%, and grants him Medium (50%) armour when on the ground.

The armour is just what he needs, since he can block now. About the other effect, I think it should be changed to "amplifying Ashbite's damage against burning enemies" or something to compliment his ability to land and fight enemies ;)
User

by Minuet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:39 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:
Blazing Breath -> Blazing Breath (active) (Cooldown: 12 seconds) (2/2/2)
Spews forth a cone of searing flames dealing 30/60/90 damage to enemies caught in it. If used on the ground, spews fire directly at the enemies, gaining a much higher AoE.

The DPS of this skill originally sucks, and it still does, due to the longer cooldown and not much improved damage output. I expect the ground version to be better with the increased AoE, though you should change something about the flying version, because it is not very good right now.

Thaaank you for reviewing. :D

This skill specifically, I hadn't noticed that it does less damage at earlier levels, I have an idea for it so I'll update it now, as well as lowering the cooldown. ^^'
User

Re: The Community improves heroes

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Brutal Bruce

(Everyone is renaming heroes so why not?)

HP: 600 (added 10)
Regen: 33 (added 3)
Melee: 40-59 (Remains the same)
Armor: 50% (probably the same but the game never clarifies)
Speed: Average (Remains the same)
Respawn: 20s (added 2)

Innate: Regenerates 1 HP every other second at all times.

BBB is back with yet another solid remake of one of our favourite melee heroes, Bruce ;) This remake includes changes to many of Bruce's skills but remains loyal to his original "ultimate shredder" playstyle, complimented by a melee prowess that has been improved even further :hero: In addition, this remake comes with brand new background lore for Bruce, greatly increases his atmosphere and distinguishes his identity among other heroes.

(Sharp Claws) Vicious: Passive

Bruce's melee attacks and skills have a 10/20/30% chance to cause bleeding to enemies and increase his melee damage by 15/30/45 points against bleeding targets.

The name change is probably meant to fit the addition of bleeding effect for Bruce's skills aside from his melee attacks. However, with only two active skills in his arsenal, one of which is a roar with no usage of claws, the other benefits straight from how long the enemy has been bleeding, this addition seems to focus solely on smart and lucky usage of Bruce's Hero Spell, King's Pride, to try and bleed enemies before they come to Bruce, to increase Brutalize's damage. This, along with a minor bleeding % increase, does not affect Bruce much in terms of power level.

(King's Roar) King's Feast: 28 seconds

Unleashes a roar that stuns enemies for 1/2/3 seconds. For each enemy stunned, Bruce enters a state of bloodlust for an extra 1/2/3 seconds in which his damage and bleeding bonus are doubled.

This ability has gained 8 seconds to its cooldown, as well as a new, extremely powerful effect that buff Bruce's damage, with Vicious III, on par with the most powerful towers :veznan: Specifically, with all maxed out, he deals :skull: 138-162 damage on every attack. This is total slaughter for the Werelion's foes. Considering this ability being an AoE one, probably only activates when 3 enemies are nearby, Bruce is guaranteed 9 seconds of steroid every 21 seconds, plus a 3-second stun period when he can maul his victims without fear of being harmed. If Bruce ever fears of being harmed :sheep:

(Lion's Fur) Ferocious Fangs: Passive

Each attack on a bleeding target has a 20/35/50% chance to regenerate Bruce's health by the damage dealt.

This skill is very, very well placed, emphasizing on Bruce's status as the best bruiser out there. It compliments Bruce much better than Lion's Fur, both in terms of atmosphere and playstyle. With this skill, and a bit less HP without the Fur, Bruce must actively fight and damage bleeding foes to maintain his durability, which is still very good at 600 HP and Medium armor. Unarmored foes with a lot of health are the best for Bruce to heal from, since he can beat them black and blue, keeping them bleeding for a long time without them dying, and his mostly physical damage kit are best utilized against these foes.

(Grevious Bites) Brutalize: 15 seconds

Bruce bites through to an enemy's flesh, dealing 60/90/120 True Damage and an additional 10/20/30 for every second that the enemy has been bleeding.

- Only applies to targets who are already bleeding.

In terms of damage, this skill is considerably weaker then Grevious Bites, apparently for good reasons. It has a shorter cooldown, which allows for more liberal use without fear of overkilling, a good thing since this skill is Bruce is major damage source. It also receive a new effect that has potential to raise its damage: an extra 30 True Damage for every second the victim has been bleeding. At 30% bleeding chance every melee attack, and a supposed attack rate of once per second, there is about 1/2 chance that Bruce will make his victim bleed for 4 seconds, for a total of 240 True Damage done by Brutalize. Honestly, it is rather disappointing. 240 damage is not enough to kill Harassers. With a 15-second cooldown, Bruce must keep his victim bled for at least 6 seconds to deal an acceptable amount of damage, and he does not have a good chance to do so. I suggest increase this skill's damage to 75/110/145 and give 10/30/50 more for each bleeding second.

(Guardian Lions) King's Pride: 50 seconds

Summons 3 magical manifestations of Bruce's pride that dash down the lane, dealing 100/200/300/400 True Damage each to as many enemies as they can.

- Lions will now move on to new targets if the original dies before all 400 True Damage could be dealt.

Basically, King's Pride is the same as Guardian Lions, but with a new effect to avoid overkilling the first and usually weakest foe in a horde. This effect may lead to an epic decimation of a whole army from just one well timed King's Pride :skull: :star: :veznan: :hero:

Backstory: There lived a mortal king in a distant, grand kingdom, filled with the most splendid riches and grand structures in the continent. Although many threats loomed outside of the kingdom's borders, the only one that ever posed a truly fearsome threat was a shapeshifting sorcerer. The king was so proud of his empire and of his own fighting ability that he set off to destroy the sorcerer himself, and free the land of this villain.

The king battled foe after foe as he scoured the land in search of this sorcerer. When he finally encountered him, they engaged in a battle that lasted for days. Apes, rhinos, vultures, boars, and more clashed claw and fang against the king's steel. Refusing to come so far just to lose, the king leapt at the sorcerer as he changed forms yet again. In the brilliant flash of magic that transformed the sorcerer's body into a new beast, the king had been caught inside just as he dealt a fatal blow to the sorcerer. The magic instead wrapped around him, transforming him partly into a lion, but his humanity seemed to partially persist. The king had become a werelion, part human and part lion. He had human posture, dexterous hands, and the ability to speak, but the fur and strength of a magical lion.

Ashamed and angered that he could not defeat the sorcerer flawlessly, and that he had been transformed into a subhuman creature, the king roared with fury. He tried to return to his kingdom, but his people thought that he was the sorcerer, who had returned after defeating the king. Unable to convince them otherwise, he was forced out by the soldiers of the mighty kingdom he once caled his own. The ex-king could not even find solace as a true lion, for he lacked the claws and posture to hunt and kill like a true beast.

However, he would not be discouraged. The king used his human hands to craft his own claws out of the tree bark that he could scavenge. He spent hours each day meditating to better understand the magic that had transformed him. Though he could not revert to his human form, he had found the power to call forth his indignant rage from being transformed, summoning magical lions for a brief moment that would take out all of his own anger by brutally slashing anything in their wake. The king had found his old pride. He vowed to regain his glory as well, by using his newfound power to protect the good people from evil. He fights for respect, and honor.

As I said earlier, this is an extremely good backstory, that explain logically how Bruce became a Werelion, and describe in detail the emotional journey he made from human to beast, who he was and how little has he actually changed. I am sad that Bruce cannot revert his form and claim the identity he had before, but it seems to me that this life is how he always want to live. Not the beastly part, but the part where he fights evil and protects people for the sake of it. That perhaps, is the reason why he left his throne, without any company, to seek and destroy the shapeshifting mage.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm

OP has been updated with the newest variations, again please inform me if any are missing.

My Arivan variation ended up brainstorming into a bunch of cool Elemental-based powers, which I realised couldn't fir into one hero, in fact I'm aiming to fill 3-4 heroes with them. Thus unless I have excess, Arivan may not see a new form from me until a while after these other elementals.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 am

Welp, I suppose it's only a matter of time before I start making this kind of thing.

Mirage

Initial stats are the same, except she has the bonus range and speed from Precision and Swift

All damage are physical

Skills:

Sharp Burst (active, cooldown: 20 seconds)
Mirage throws knives at 2/3/4 enemies, dealing 10%/15%/20% damage from the enemy's max health and 5% damage from a boss' max health.

Blinding Escape (passive)
During melee combat, Mirage has a chance to throw sand to an enemy's face, stunning them for 1/1.5/2 seconds while she backflips away and throws a knife. When stunned, enemies receive 25%/50%/75% more damage from all sources. Doesn't work on bosses.

Poison Edge (passive)
Mirage's ranged attack slows down/and poisons/and has a chance of dealing 15% damage from the enemy's max health and 5% damage from a boss' max health. Slowdown and poison doesn't work on bosses.

Knife Nut (passive)
Mirage has a 25%/50%/75% chance of throwing 2 knives instead of 1.

Dirty Move (active, cooldown: 20 seconds)
During melee combat, Mirage throws sand to an enemy's face and quickly stabs them in the back, dealing 40%/50%/60% damage from the enemy's max health with a chance of instakill, and 15%/20%/25% damage from a boss' max health. Surviving enemies are stunned for 1 second and receive 10% more damage from all sources. This move takes priority over Blinding Escape.

Notes:
I made this one to complement Blood Red Sandstorm (shameless plug ftw). In that fic, I imagined Mirage only gained her shadow powers after Umbra was defeated, so I imagined what she would play like without her shadows, and the idea just snowballed from there.

As for playstyle, there are two reasons why I don't use solid numbers. For one, I'm bad at estimating solid number damages. More importantly, she's a hero that's good against weak enemies, and excels at stronger enemies. She's the kind of hero you want for dealing with Executioners, Gorillons, and Saurian Brutes.
Last edited by GeminiSparkSP on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 am

Reply to you, GeminiSparkSP:

Sharp Burst is really powerful. 30% HP of a Saurian Brute is over 1000 damage. And even if she hits three most basic enemies, she would deal over 200 damage, and does not lose much because Sharp Burst would come round again shortly. At 15 seconds interval, it is terrific. If the skill deals physical damage, it is somewhat weaker, but is still it has no weakness: huge damage, spam-able, and useful against almost all kind of foes.

Blinding Escape is a very creative replacement of Shadow Dodge. It is a dodge, a stun, and a damage amplification all at once! Without a specific chance, it is hard to say whether it is OP or not. I think the chance must be lower than that of Shadow Dodge, due to the long stun and significant damage increase, if the skill has over 50% triggering chance, the player can just send her into melee over and over again, keeping an enemy stunned and whittled down indefinitely. Or perhaps this skill shouldn't be luck-based, instead have a short enough cooldown for it to be used tactically, aimed at a specific enemy.

Poison Edge III needs a really low activation chance! It is insanely powerful! Poison Edge I and II are less so, being very useful upgrades that improve Mirage's utility: block power and hurting armored foes, just the two things she needs the most.

Knife Nut is fairly generic. It is weak, too, because Mirage's base damage is really really low, and tier II and III only grants 5% more chance as oppose to 15% of tier I. It can use some buffs.

Dirty Move is a more powerful, but harder to use equivalence of Lethal Strike. Since it only activates in melee, Mirage must risk it to activate the skill, though that makes it easier to aim the skill at the right foe. The higher damage also makes it worthwhile to try and use Dirty Move. I like this skill a lot.
User

by Ninja » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:58 am

Your version of Mirage is ludicrously OP, but very cool, Gemini.

Her first ability is (if it was actually in, that is) arguably the single most powerful ability in KRF. It murders big enemies and small enemies alike, and it doesn't even have a long CD. Also, if it affects bosses like several of her other abilities, then it borders on being game-breakingly OP. I would suggest reducing the percentage damage of the move to something like 9/12/15% of an enemy's HP while increasing the CD to 20s.

Blinding Escape is a creative, balanced move, provided that whatever the chance of it occurring is isn't too ridiculous. Also, a question: does this move have a chance of activating on every attack made by an enemy (like a dodge), or does it only have a chance of activating the moment she enters combat (or something else I haven't thought of)?

Poison Edge is massively OP. Its chance of occurring should either be only 5%, or it should deal vastly less percentage damage. I like the slowing and poison ideas, though.

Knife Nut is a nice little bonus, but I think the chance of its occurrence should be higher (like ~25/~50/~75%) to make it more noticeable.

Dirty Move is making me reconsider what I said about Sharp Burst being the most powerful KRF ability, because it would be, without a doubt, one of the strongest moves in the KR franchise. Also, its definitely game-breakingly OP. The amount of percentage damage it deals needs to be lowered so much that I'm at a loss for words. You decide on how to balance this one.

So, in conclusion, Mirage would be totally broken in Endless Mode with these changes and would also be ridiculously good in the campaign. She needs a lot of rebalancing, but the hero does look really great.

@BBB: I want to review Brutal Bruce, but I don't think I'll have the time to be able to until Saturday or Sunday.
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
:hero:
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 am

There, fixed her up a bit.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:36 pm

I might get addicted to this. Please send help.

Kutsao

Initial stats are the same.

Innate ability: Kutsao has a chance to hit an enemy's pressure points, decreasing their damage by 5%. This effect can stack up to 7 times. This is signified by a special attack animation and a jabbing sound.

Skills:

Turtle Defense (active, cooldown: 10 seconds)
Kutsao uses his chi to draw water from the air to coat his body, reducing damage taken by 33%/50%/66% for 3/4/5 seconds. Activates only in combat. When active, he glows blue.

Phoenix Dance (passive)
Kutsao has a 15%/30%/45% chance to dodge any attack and retaliate with a chi-powered flaming kick that deals 2x his top damage and burns for 2 seconds. On ranged enemies, he always returns to his original position afterwards.

Tiger Fist (active, cooldown: 15 seconds)
Kutsao uses his chi to make his fists as hard as steel and punches an enemy, dealing 50/100/150 damage and destroying 34%/67%/100% of their defenses.

Dragon Healing (passive)
When his health reaches 25%, Kutsao absorbs the nature's chi, granting him idle healing in combat for 3/4/5 seconds and additional healing of 9/18/27 HP per second outside combat until he's fully restored. When active, he glows green. This skill can be active at the same time as Turtle Defense.

Dragon Quake (active, cooldown: 18 seconds)
Kutsao jumps in the air and delivers a chi-powered punch to the ground, creating a shockwave that deals 90/180/270 damage and stuns enemies for 1/2/3 seconds. Doesn't work on flying enemies.

Notes:
I based his skills on the Chinese constellation. You may know them as the Black Turtle (Genbu, Xuanwu), Vermillion Bird (Suzaku, Zhuque), White Tiger (Byakko, Baihu), Blue Dragon (Seiryuu, Qinglong), and Yellow Dragon (Kouryuu, Huanglong). Not only that, his skills also match the elements the constellations represent.

As for playstyle, I just modified some of his existing skills and tried adding some new stuff, as well as turning him into a pure ground fighter. I also tried using solid number damages.
Last edited by GeminiSparkSP on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User

by Ninja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:56 am

It seems as though you've turned Kutsao into a pretty tanky hero. I like this version, but I do think the old version is balanced as is. Oh, well, this hero's cool anyway.

Regarding balance, the only change I think should be made is to increase the amount of time Turtle Defense is active by 1.5s. 2.5s seems kind of weak.
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Wow, pretty solid remake for Kutsao! :hero:

Turtle Defense, Phoenix Dance, Tiger Fist, Dragon Healing are all very balanced skills, with awesome, logical names. Dragon Quake is balanced (and very useful) too, but its name is not as cool because it repeats off Dragon Healing. Although, being based on some real constellations, changing the skills' names is not very favorable here ;) If you intend to change it, I suggest Elephant Fury, or something of sort.

In detail, Kutsao has a lower dodge chance (much lower), but he can dodge and retaliate ranged attackers, which is great. Turtle Defense helps improve his durability while it lasts (66% armor is a lot for a unit with 400 HP), and though it does not last long, Turtle Defense allows him to hold off some quite powerful foes, especially when combined with Dragon Healing - whose effect is really creative - Kutsao can be quite tanky, as Ninja has stated. Disappointingly, though, Kutsao no longer have sustained damage from Tiger Style and Leopard Style, and with a pitiful base damage despite fast attack speed, he is not going to cause much harm unless Phoenix Dance kicks in. Kutsao is now considerably better at crowd control, though, with a needed buff on Dragon Quake (replacing Dragon Style), more damage, a welcomed stun, a good balance note that it does not work on fliers. I can see two possible playstyle for this new Kutsao:

1. He can slam weaklings in the face, brawl through their damage with his dodges, and return some heavy punches, just like he did before. With improved damage on Phoenix Dance and better CC on Dragon Quake, he can do this job better than he did before, though without Leopard Style, Dragon Quake with its 18s cooldown is the only CC he can rely on.

2. He can slug it out with large foes, brawl when Turtle Defense is up, retreat when it is down, and pull off some last minute table turners with Dragon Healing and Dragon Quake. Without Snake Style, he loses a LOT of effectiveness against larger foes. Now, Kutsao must go in and out of combat to try to do some damage with Phoenix Dance and Tiger Fist, and take less with Turtle Defense. Tiger Fist is similar to Relic of Power, only that it actually deals some damage and has a shorter cooldown. Anyhow, the buffs is not enough to compensate for the loss of Snake Style, and unless Kutsao is sent block and fight resistance-reliant enemies like Bloodshells, Bluegales, Blacksurges, Lycans and sort, he cannot do as much as before.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

There, buffed Dragon Quake, and incorporated Snake Style into his innate ability.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Awesome! :)
User

by tmn loveblue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Cool! :hero:
User

PreviousNext