The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:58 am

AerisDraco wrote:
AerisDraco wrote:Should someone make another thread/update the OP with all the heroes in the thread? I think we've made it pretty high.

The Kingmaker wrote:Yeah, I agree

Oh, so he didn't specify that another thread would be best. Just that one of those suggestions should be implemented. ;)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:25 am

He asked him if he wanted to make another thread, and Kingmaker agreed. How is that not specific enough to justify another thread? ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:32 am

No he asked for another thread/update for the OP. Yes, it's enough to justify another thread, but not enough to rule out the possibility of updating the OP in this thread like Aeris did. ;)
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 am

Well, another thread would be even more redundant, so I guess I'll return to my thread too. :P
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 am

What if we ask Tats if he can move each member's ideas into a single post on the first page, underneath Kingmaker's initial post?
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:46 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:What if we ask Tats if he can move each member's ideas into a single post on the first page, underneath Kingmaker's initial post?

Maybe that would work. IDK.
Last edited by Ninja on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:41 am

But, wouldn't that mean someone would have to get editing capabilities? TaTs doesn't have the time to be constantly keeping track of this thread and editing a post.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Why does my opinion matter more than others? Decided what you want to do
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:17 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Why does my opinion matter more than the others? Decide what you want to do yourselves.

Well, because you're the one who has power over editing the OP. You'll have to edit it from time to time if you're going to have that power. Take responsibility and just edit the OP with everyone's finished ideas. Problem solved.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Ninja wrote:
The Kingmaker wrote:Why does my opinion matter more than the others? Decide what you want to do yourselves.

Well, because you're the one who has power over editing the OP. You'll have to edit it from time to time if you're going to have that power. Take responsibility and just edit the OP with everyone's finished ideas. Problem solved.

Everyone's ideas make up too many characters total to fit into the OP. The limit is 240,000, which I've gone over plenty of times. Look at how many heroes fit in a single post in User Heroes.

Tats can move around posts, delete them from pages, add them to other pages, and even out words in our mouths without showing an edit notification at the bottom. He can definitely give everyone a post at the beginning and fill them with our ideas, and then we can edit our own posts later with more suggestions.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Everyone's ideas make up too many characters total to fit into the OP. The limit is 240,000, which I've gone over plenty of times. Look at how many heroes fit in a single post in User Heroes.

Tats can move around posts, delete them from pages, add them to other pages, and even out words in our mouths without showing an edit notification at the bottom. He can definitely give everyone a post at the beginning and fill them with our ideas, and then we can edit our own posts later with more suggestions.

IDK, that seems like a lot of work for TaTs. Separate threads are probably best.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:19 pm

But that's part of his job. I would do the work myself, if I was appointed as a mod, but nobody has been chosen yet.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:But that's part of his job. I would do the work myself, if I was appointed as a mod, but nobody has been chosen yet.

No, it isn't part of his job to keep individual fan threads running. That's a Fanfic mod's job, as you said. All we really need to do to fix the problem is get an active Fanfic mod.
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

I'll update the OP later in my break from revising

Thanks for your comment after my rant Aeris, your thing about angry British people made me laugh before a big test. Thanks :D

Also don't worry Ninja, I will refrain from posting late at night from now on, unless I am in a happy state of mind

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:33 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:I'll update the OP later in my break from revising

Thanks for your comment after my rant Aeris, your thing about angry British people made me laugh before a big test. Thanks :D

Also don't worry Ninja, I will refrain from posting late at night from now on, unless I am in a happy state of mind

Very good. Thanks, Kingmaker. :D
User

by Oof_Shunt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Very good, my master.
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Oof_Shunt wrote:Very good, my master.

Who is this addressed to? :?
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 pm

What do you want the OP updated with, specifically?

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:26 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:What do you want the OP updated with, specifically?

Anyone's ideas, so long as the creator has deemed said ideas finished. :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:45 pm

OP updated

Currently conceptualising for Faustus. Name a WIP.
I changed Reg'Son to unfocused/semi-support in trying to make him support himself, I'll try and fix that around Friday (finish tests Thursday :D), should Faustus be a supportive mage (mage>support), support who uses magic (mage<support), antimage, pure mage etc etc. At this point he has an OK single target damage (poor targeting), an area move that cannot stack, an area hero spell that also cannot stack and two supportive moves with poor targeting.

I find he often dies fast, so my current thoughts are a silence-based support hero whose regular damage is high magic damage - possibly with a silence chance (silence Harassers before they can shoot him). I thought just now of making his regular attack low damage Draconic Lance. Long range, high magic damage, possible silence chance. Any thoughts, or is this a "Make your own hero" kinda thing? I decided community remaking heroes could have a community element
Last edited by The Kingmaker on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My treasured creations:
User

PreviousNext