The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:32 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Faustus is on his way, but I have nothing for his fourth power :/

Look up some video game dragons on YouTube and if you see them do cool moves, then you can possibly use an interpretation of one for Faustus's 4th power. :)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Drogoth the Dragon Lord and Alduin it is :D

Augmented Faustus:

Faustus was a curious hero. His concept was an ancient Dragon Mage, with a name based on a German Folk tale where a man sells his soul for magical powers. Awesome so far.
Then we get one cool (for the word draconic) but UP power and four completely underwhelming ones that sell this amazing concept short as a dragon that shushes its enemies instead of smiting them into oblivion. Let’s sort this out.

Most stats remain the same, besides damage.
After some testing, Faustus attacks every 1.5 seconds and flaps his wings every 0.6 seconds.

Damage: 75-114 Every 1.5 seconds ---> 120-180 True Damage every 1.2 seconds
Faustus now moves both of his hands in time with his wings slightly, charging a blue circle between them over one flap before firing it on the second as a Draconic Lance, dealing 120-180 damage every 2 x 0.6 second wing flaps. (Aesthetic only – Draconic Lances are Cyan/Blue, like his fire, and have a purely aesthetic brief flash of fire wherever they land)

Powers: Faustus’ powers are my main changes, as his concept and stats are largely sound.

Searing Supremacy (20 seconds): Shoots a wave magical fire along the path that burns away the abilties of any enemies it damages for 5/10/Infinite seconds. (Enemies still try and use their abilities, but it does nothing.) If an enemy has no abilities to silence or has already been silenced, then it deals 100 additional damage.
Towering Inferno (12 seconds): Fires a dragon-shaped blast of fire at a single enemy, dealing 120/240/360 damage in a reasonably small area – A little bland but eh it has a cool name and aesthetic, and it hopefully isn’t as hopelessly UP as teleporting 1 harasser back 30 mm.
Careless Whisper (I couldn’t resist – 18 seconds): Silently shouts the name of the magical language, causing the use of any magical abilities to deal 20/40/60 area damage for 4 seconds - Seared enemies still try to activate abilities so this works on them.
Viral inferno (16 seconds): Ignites an enemy with Faustus’ arcane fire for 4 seconds, dealing 80 damage, which can spread to enemies in proximity, dealing the same damage over 4 seconds. If an enemy dies while alight, they explode, spreading the same fire in a large radius. Enemies cannot be ignited for 1 second if they have just been aflame, but there is no limit to the number of times an enemy can be ignited.
Hero Spell: Will-O-Wisp (40 seconds): Summons an intense and mystical blue orb of fire that deals a total of 400/800/1200 damage spread over enemies and time. Can be moved and controlled by the player similar to a Crystallite or a hero themself. Deals up to 240 Dps and disappears after it has dealt its total damage. It will float idle until it deals its total damage or 20 seconds have elapsed.

Special thanks to BBB on telling me some numbers didnt work and providing inspiration and confidence for the all-new powers.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Cool. Pretty darn cool.

Though, viral inferno seems suspiciously Bonehart-y. I shall use this as support of the Faustus = Bonehart theory.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Cool. Pretty darn cool.

Though, viral inferno seems suspiciously Bonehart-y. I shall use this as support of the Faustus = Bonehart theory.

Nooo! I hate that theory! :x
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 pm

I actually discussed this with BBB. Once I began to make the power, I realised how ails it was, and wanted to change it as I don't personally fully believe the theory, but I like the power so much I kept it.

My treasured creations:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:25 pm

@BBB: Really? Mayhaps you should edit the wiki page then.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:42 pm

AerisDraco wrote:@BBB: Really? Mayhaps you should edit the wiki page then.

Just because you dislike something doesn't mean that you edit the wiki to suit your personal preferences. The theory is simply some trivia, and it certainly belongs on the wiki page. ;)
:hero:
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Current feedback:
AerisDraco wrote:Cool. Pretty darn cool.

Thanks! :D

I was hoping to have more feedback, but I still have this word document, so whenever this forum is a little more alive (probably after Iron Marines and just before KR4) I'll repost this then.

In other news I had hoped to redo some old hero concepts (and maybe even that one level pack I did) in a kind of communal "take something you did a while ago and redo it better, a la the arty ones on google images I see. I might just resurrect my oddities thread jowever

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 pm

I already gave you all of my feedback. I suppose that I can criticise the new skill that is definitely not inspired by Drogoth's Lvl 7 skill. It's really cool looking and makes him even better at crowd control. I see now that his base attack has less versatility but all of his abilities are really good against groups, making him really balanced at both jobs.
BBB

by Lord of all evil » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Have any of you thought of level 20 heroes, or hero superskills that need gems to activate
User

by Ninja » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Lord of all evil wrote:Have any of you thought of level 20 heroes, or hero superskills that need gems to activate

No, but feel free to suggest such things if you so desire. :)
:hero:
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Those would be interesting concepts, but I don't see how much they would add beyond muddling some heroes and adding another pay-to-win wall.

Saying that having five powers instead of two really revolutionised heroes, so it could be cool

My treasured creations:
User

by Lord of all evil » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:04 pm

By level 20 heroes, I mean heroes that get a certain aspect of their skills changed when they surpass level 10, so each skill has 6 tiers instead of three.

Example:

Bonehart Bone Golem

4) The bone golem transforms into a bone bear and deals area damage
5) The bone golem can now summon skeleton minions
6) The bone golem transforms into a bone monster and has ranged poison breath
User

by Lord of all evil » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:05 pm

It could be used in endless modes to last longer
User

by Ook ook » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 pm

That sounds like a really cool idea I've thought of something similar to that were heroes could have a second tear after they reached level ten with more abbilites
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User

by Lord of all evil » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:55 am

It's sort of like your idea, I'll try doing this for a level 20 bonehart, just so you guys can get the idea
User

by Lord of all evil » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:18 am

Level 20 Bonehart

Stats such as HP and damage increase as they would normally for the previous levels, Bonehart's second form is larger with flaming wings and green eyes and all enemies he kills become skeletons (50HP), knights (200HP), death riders (500HP) or necromancers (1000HP).

Skills:

Spine Storm (Spine Rain): A shower of 12/16/20 spines strike a wide area, dealing 40/48/56 damage each
Bone Monster (Bone Golem): Bonehart summons a bone bear (AOE damage) /lich (Summons skeletons from slain enemies) /beast ( Has noxious poison breath, dealing ranged AOE and summons skeletons) to aid him in battle for 50 seconds.
Death Carrier (Plague Carrier): Enemies killed by the plague carriers transform into cockroaches/rats/rabid rats which attack nearby enemies, they have 60/70/80% of the stats of their dead counterpart.
Disease Supernova (Disease Nova): Bonehart explodes into the ground dealing 200/200/250 area damage, infecting enemies caught in the blast and releasing a shockwave that kills all enemies on the map below 50/75/100 HP.
Contagious Disease (Unstable Disease) Infected enemies die with an explosion that deals 120/120/150 damage and releases 1/2/2 small carriers that seek the nearest enemy and infect it.
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:55 am

Creative; but pretty OP.
Perhaps it could be that to get to level 20, you have to get 10 levels in a KR-way, once the hero is already at level 10.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Lord of all evil » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:19 am

Or to get to level 11, you need to gain as much xp as from level 1- level 5
Another alternative could be having the mode only available in endless
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:56 am

I have half a mind to do lots of small changes to heroes that are largely fine. Alaric getting actual powers on top of some of his watered down stats, Lynn's curses stacking when she uses hex fury, some damage buffs to Lilith etc

My treasured creations:
User

PreviousNext