Community Mini-Campaign: Burning Skies Voting

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Achievements: What is the player able to get recognition for? Pick 3.

Poll ended at Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 pm

The Sky is Falling: Knock down 3 or more Goldwings at once.
8%
An Eye for an Eye: Use Hiccup's mind control to force 50 dragons to kill each other.
8%
Unfathomable Power: Slay an Archdragon within 1 minute of it spawning.
17%
Hoarders: Complete Dragonwind Plateau without sellig any towers.
No votes
Medusa Who?: Defeat 75 Black Angel Dragons before they petrify any soldiers.
No votes
Have a Bone to Pick?: Complete Dragonwind Plateau without the help of Bonehart.
No votes
Never Laugh at Undead Dragons: Reach max upgrades for Bonehart without letting him die in a single playthrough of Dragonwind Plateau.
17%
They're Robots, Morty: Have a dragon single-handedly kill an enemy of the same type.
17%
A Series of Unfortunate Events: 10 Everdragons revived all 3 possible times in a single level.
25%
All of the above!
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: Community Mini-Campaign: Burning Skies Voting

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:18 pm

"Got spare towers collecting dust, just waitin' for Armageddon to happen? Give 'em to me and I'll bring 'em down to my shop! Our special offer guarantees you a greater sum of money for your towers during the event of total chaos caused by a giant, angry dragons roar! (I honestly didn't think that anyone'd ever benefit from that offer...)
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:38 pm

@Ruby_Hex: *sum
:hero:
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 pm

It appears I have been graced by the grammar god! Thanks, though.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am

I believe that would be "spelling god" in this case. Close enough, though. :P
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:55 am

In this case, yes, but in general I would say you're the grammar god.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Next poll: Choose 2 quotes for the Mad Merchant to possibly say whenever he appears.

I apologize for not having a schedule for updates/activity on the forums. I like to have control of my time, but really, I'm a slave to my teachers, and they are cruel owners. :(
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 am

I voted for option 1
User

by Sinque2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:23 am

It just occurred to me... I am pretty sure Ironhide said somewhere on Facebook that they would not be releasing anymore content for Kingdom Rush Origins. Sadly (or hopefully fortunately) I cannot find where it was said, but I do remember it was a reply to a comment.

So not Burning Skies...
User

by Minuet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Sinque2 wrote:It just occurred to me... I am pretty sure Ironhide said somewhere on Facebook that they would not be releasing anymore content for Kingdom Rush Origins. Sadly (or hopefully fortunately) I cannot find where it was said, but I do remember it was a reply to a comment.

So not Burning Skies...

I mean there's a reason it's in fan fiction.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Sinque2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:39 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Dragon Throne has been hyped up as having the best potential for a level in all the series. Ironhide is likely going to make an MC for it at some point, but not likely anytime soon since they have so much else to work on.

Well, BBB did say this...
User

by Minuet » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:27 am

Sinque2 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Dragon Throne has been hyped up as having the best potential for a level in all the series. Ironhide is likely going to make an MC for it at some point, but not likely anytime soon since they have so much else to work on.

Well, BBB did say this...

Yeah, an MC for dragon throne, which probably isn't going to happen. Even if it did it wouldn't be burning skies.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 am

Just enjoy the fun of coming up with ideas and being inspired by Kingdom Rush's potential. If not, a least don't bring the rest of us down. :)

Anyways, I've added the next poll: The environments for level 3! The content thread is also updated with Hiccup, the Mad Merchant, and more. Feel free to post in that thread if you have questions or comments about the balancing and how the ideas turned out. Here, please post everything related to the poll and ideas for the next poll, which will be names for the 3rd level. :hero:
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 am

I chose number 7 because I wanted to choose the craziest option, and its certainly a crazy option.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 am

I chose number eight. It's very intimidating and different from anything else we've seen in KR.
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:18 am

5 does not fit, it is way too soon for an environment like that. However, we have the Dragon Rage of Doom, so simple grassland won't do it; if something as destructive as the Dragon Rage of Doom keeps sweeping by and destroy towers and any beings, grass would not survive. 3 and 8 - stone environment - can do the job logically, however 3 is quite boring, so are 4 and 6. 7, 8 and 9 are all exciting environment; it is hard to choose between them. As for 7, making the move between innocent grassland and "piles of bodies that make up the path" is all too sudden, not to mention the gory scenes that are rarely seen in KR; otherwise, it is the most exciting and certainly most compelling choice. 8 and 9 are both less dramatic, as well as being quite monochrome: 8 is almost wholly painted by gray - gray floor, gray sky, gray statues - while 9 is dominated with shades of brown, which does not compliment the element of fire well. 7 and 8 both successfully get across the concept of the Dragon Throne, while 9 doesn't do so very well. In the end, I choose 7. It makes sense that this is the outside of the dragons' hunting ground. They obliterated all the creatures, all the grass, hence the gray, lifeless floor as oppose to the greenish grassland where the dragons have just set claw to (and were stopped by us at level 1). The gores may went just a bit too far, but 7 is still the better one in the end.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:00 am

Personally, I find that number seven is a bit too grim and gory. I mean, yea, the Dragon King is powerful and all but the idea of their just being corpses everywhere seems more horror-themed than dragon-themed. I like the idea of the petrified people, though. That's cool.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Because of the unease with option 7 winning, I put up a 2 day poll to tweak the environment until we like it as much as possible. :)

The next poll shall be the name of level 3, so submit all of your suggestions after your votes are cast! :yey:
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:04 am

I voted for option six. I shudder to think of how challenging the boss fight against the Dragon King would be... Anyhoo, how about "The Descending Inferno" for level three's title? Also, I have a suggestion: Perhaps their could be a contest for what the Dragon King's name should be? I imagine that it would function similar to the crazy merchant quote poll in that we would get to suggest our own ideas.
User

by Ninja » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:11 am

I still think it's fine to have some gore in KR. Seriously, though, didn't you all kill J.T.? No one complained about that.

I would like to emphasize the draconic magic though, so I voted for options 1 & 5.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:50 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:I voted for option six. I shudder to think of how challenging the boss fight against the Dragon King would be... Anyhoo, how about "The Descending Inferno" for level three's title? Also, I have a suggestion: Perhaps their could be a contest for what the Dragon King's name should be? I imagine that it would function similar to the crazy merchant quote poll in that we would get to suggest our own ideas.

My plans for the Dragon King will be interesting, to say the least. I don't want Burning Skies to end because I'm having so much fun with it, but at the same time, I'm super-excited for how the final boss will come out. That's why I'm hyping it up so much. :D

Ninja wrote:I still think it's fine to have some gore in KR. Seriously, though, didn't you all kill J.T.? No one complained about that.

I would like to emphasize the draconic magic though, so I voted for options 1 & 5.

We also saw people eating the severed body parts of J.T. in Stormcloud Temple Iron/Heroic. :P

Good choices; I picked 2 and 5. ;)
BBB

PreviousNext