Community Mini-Campaign: Burning Skies Voting

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Achievements: What is the player able to get recognition for? Pick 3.

Poll ended at Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 pm

The Sky is Falling: Knock down 3 or more Goldwings at once.
8%
An Eye for an Eye: Use Hiccup's mind control to force 50 dragons to kill each other.
8%
Unfathomable Power: Slay an Archdragon within 1 minute of it spawning.
17%
Hoarders: Complete Dragonwind Plateau without sellig any towers.
No votes
Medusa Who?: Defeat 75 Black Angel Dragons before they petrify any soldiers.
No votes
Have a Bone to Pick?: Complete Dragonwind Plateau without the help of Bonehart.
No votes
Never Laugh at Undead Dragons: Reach max upgrades for Bonehart without letting him die in a single playthrough of Dragonwind Plateau.
17%
They're Robots, Morty: Have a dragon single-handedly kill an enemy of the same type.
17%
A Series of Unfortunate Events: 10 Everdragons revived all 3 possible times in a single level.
25%
All of the above!
8%

Total votes : 12

Community Mini-Campaign: Burning Skies Voting

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Dragon Throne has been hyped up as having the best potential for a level in all the series. Ironhide is likely going to make an MC for it at some point, but not likely anytime soon since they have so much else to work on. Although these ideas won't be a reality if an update including Dragon Throne ever happens, I thought it would be fun if we put together a project where we create a mini-campaign for the area much like we made one for a hero, creating Lilith. If this idea gains momentum, I'll sticky it and maybe even make it an announcement. :D

After a choice wins, I will filter the community's decision into a part of the mini campaign that we're creating, then make a new poll for the next part. If any number of choices should tie, I will do my best to integrate a combination of them all into the MC. I realise that this is giving me a lot more power over the MC than other forum members, but I'd like to think that you all can trust me behind the wheel. Let's do this! :yey:

If you have a different idea and some other users supporting it, I'll update the poll with the new choice(s). You can always change your vote, so it's not too late to pose a new idea until the poll itself ends. However, if lots of people have different ideas, tell me yours quickly, as polls have a limit of 10 choices(for no reason).
BBB

Re: Community Mini-Campaign

by Ninja » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Despite the third choice having a comma splice, I still choose it. ;)
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:10 pm

I've had an idea laying around for a while regarding the Throne.

Seems like a cool idea tho.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Great idea BBB!
Beyond the whole thing about spreading Darwinism the fourth option for me, but there must be some real dragons also. Like real dragons and elfy-spliced dragons (a new race of elves, tan or orange skinned with scales) working together to make everyone dragons.

With forgotten what-made-us-treasures looking like the pits of hell (a little too literal, me - ctrl C, ctrl V) I'd always guess that dragon throne was semi volcanic, with eggs gestating in the heat of a volcano and dragons erecting "thrones" (nests) of enchanted forest wood, bones, Jewels, that kind of thing
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Thanks for the support! I think I will sticky this thread until the entire MC is completed. :)

BTW: No matter what choice is made, actual Dragon enemies are going to appear in the campaign. How terribly disappointing would it be to NOT have dragons? ;)

Also, it seems that 5 votes have already been cast, with only 3 users replying here, and Aeris not even revealing his vote. Strange...
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:However, if lots of people have different ideas, tell me yours quickly, as polls have a limit of 10 choices(for no reason).

Well, there has to be some limit for everything, and ten is as good a number as any. ;)
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:13 pm

How do you know whether or not I voted, HMMMMMMMM?????????
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Dragons taking over the world would definitely be my pick. I love the idea of Dragons being these ancient, intelligent creatures who look like a monster but act on their own will. EDIT: I know see that dragon-elves would be pretty flippin' cool...

Also, this campaign needs Smaug references.
Lots...and lots... of Smaug references...yesss

AND! Dragon name ideas: Draseth the Decaying, Aclatru the Red, Baylori the Wise, Galaagoth the Shadow. ;) I love naming things!
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:ALSO! Dragon name ideas: Draseth the Decaying, Aclatru the Red, Baylori the Wise, Galaagoth the Shadow ;)

And don't forget Garanech the Nether Wyrm. :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Alduin also. And Puff, my favourite dragon.

My treasured creations:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Also, this campaign needs Smaug references.
Lots...and lots... of Smaug references...yesss

There are more fictional dragons than just Smaug that could be referenced. Let's not have Tolkien overshadow everything again.

I've voted for Elven Heretic worshipping dragons. Having the dragons wanting to take over doesn't seem right to me, of all the dragons we've seen none of them have those kind of tendencies, and lets face it, they'd have absolutely no trouble doing it if they wanted to.
Yes it's me

by Ook ook » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

I voted for elven heretics to
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm fine with Elven Heretics, provided that they aren't more Twilight Elves. They can have a First City expansion in their own time, but something new would be preferable

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:01 am

Alright, fess up: Who voted for sheep? ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 am

Probably Simmonds. In fact, before anyone voted, I was genuinely scared that it would win. :lol:

@RaZoR: Why should dragons be able to take over with such contemptuous ease if the Dread Lord Vez'nan couldn't; or Godieth for that matter, who is a BALROG?
User

by Ook ook » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:56 am

Balrogs aren't quite as powerful as fully grown dragons you see how powerful Smaug is and that's only 1 dragon!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:19 am

Ook ook wrote:Balrogs aren't quite as powerful as fully grown dragons you see how powerful Smaug is and that's only 1 dragon!

Yes, and Lineria has obliterated dark lords, demon princes, balrogs, GODS, and more in its time; I think this mighty country could take on a couple dragons, especially when they have more than a few dragons on their own side. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:40 am

Should I change the polls to only last for 2 days instead of 3? Most of the votes have already been cast, so it would only slow the momentum of the thread to have the polls last excessively long.

@Ninja It depends on how many dragons are trying to take over. I would believe that there are enough to conquer the world, but we could win only if we attack them first. Thus comes the challenge and urgency of the level. :)
BBB

by Ook ook » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:53 am

Ok fighting dragons would be cool but there power depends on if there ashbite size or Smaug size ;)
User

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:57 am

Ook ook wrote:Ok fighting dragons would be cool but there power depends on if there ashbite size or Smaug size ;)

Well, most dragons in the KR universe are Ashbite sized, but there will almost certainly be a suitably epic (and large) dragon boss.
User

Next