Poll ended at Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Tykers (FDK)
60%
Flippz (Filipuntik)
40%

Total votes : 5

Re: Fanfic Hero vs Fanfic Hero

by Ninja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Well, he already said that schoolwork was a factor, but I can't see that preventing someone from updating such a simple thread. So, is it something other than that?
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Ninja wrote:Well, he already said that schoolwork was a factor, but I can't see that preventing someone from updating such a simple thread. So, is it something other than that?

:lol: Manijure wrote, "This is ignorant" because he was correcting a typo in your post, Ninja. You were (and still are) missing the word word, "is." That's all. ;)

Once I sit down and get to work, it only takes several minutes. I have to edit the posts slightly after I paste them, so that they're in the format necessary for the thread. Copy-pasting and making the poll doesn't sum up the entire process. Plus, I have to find the heroes and sometimes try to capture one from a thread full of other heroes, which is also time-consuming even in the most organized of threads (such as Razor's, which are even already inside of spoilers but still take time to copy the hero). I also update the leaderboards and hall of fame with each post. It's ultimately still not very long, but when I have to stay up past the time that I normally go to sleep just to finish my schoolwork (even for a fast worker like me), every second counts. I literally have no time to spare on a weekday, even if it's for the forums. :(

Anyways, the poll has been updated with Razorleaf's and Sairi's heroes. I remember both of them having an amazing track record of heroes, so, to see them compete now is going to be unforgettable. :D
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm

1) Oh. I thought he was trying to make a joke or inform me that I was being ignorant by changing "Apologies if this is ignorant" to "This is ignorant". I fixed the typo now. :lol:

2) I see.

3) :yey:
I vote for Gwead because, while RaZoR's hero has great visual representation, I find Gwead to be more enthralling in the department of abilities, which is my second most valued part of a hero (second to balance). Both heroes are well balanced, so that didn't become a factor in my decision between these two heroes.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:25 pm

I know Sairi isn't here for this, but Gwead is spelt incorrectly.

Gwaed, 'ae' is Blood.
Gwead, 'ea' is fabric or texture.

So he's a fabric elf. Makes dresses.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 pm

:lol:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I know Sairi isn't here for this, but Gwead is spelt incorrectly.

Gwaed, 'ae' is Blood.
Gwead, 'ea' is fabric or texture.

So he's a fabric elf. Makes dresses.

Which makes him far less tough than your drinking, smoking, swearing unicorn. :hero:

My vote goes to Winnfield. I like his design better, and, while he isn't as complex as Gwead, I would rather have him in the game than the Bloody Fabric Elf. ;)
BBB

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Since there was a tie, I'm resetting the poll. It'll last for 2 days instead of 3, and votes cannot be changed now.
BBB

by Magnus0 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Can I suggest one of my heroes? I'd like to suggest Kochoz, the roaming merchant. The thread for him is on the second page of fanfic.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:27 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Can I suggest one of my heroes? I'd like to suggest Kochoz, the roaming merchant. The thread for him is on the second page of fanfic.

Submit a link on this thread to the hero, please. :)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Magnus0, when you find the comment containing the hero, click on the tiny white paper icon on the left side, near your username on the comment, your browser will go to the comment's link. Then you can do the easy part with copy and paste.
User

by Magnus0 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26332

You can also right click the thread title when you select it from all the threads in fan fiction and then copy and post. That´s what I do anyway.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Ninja » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:31 pm

I'll vote for Gwead again, and I can't fathom why the poll would have a different outcome, since barely any reasons were presented for voting on either of the contestants.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:04 am

Aaaaaannnnd... Winnfield wins! :hero:

Now, it's time for the Community Improves Heroes edition of Hero vs Hero: Ashbite 2.0 vs Mechanical Karkinos! :yey:

Ashvite 2.0 is really cool and has awesome names for his powers, but at the same time, Tmn did a fantastic job in making Karkinos a lot better than his original version. I'll probably vote later on after a couple of other votes and posts are made. :) Great entries, guys! ;)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

:yey: :yey: :yey: :hero: :hero: :hero:
User

by Ninja » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I would normally either shamelessly vote for myself, or vote for the other if I think I've been bested. I can't do that this time, though, because I genuinely can't tell which hero is more well-designed.

From my perspective, this is a battle between raw power + a healthy dose of well-placed complexity (Ashbite 2.0) and a slow-and-steady approach to battle + a healthy dose of refreshing simplicity.

Also, this is more fun to watch if people post what they're thinking while the contest is being had. Votes are being cast, but no one is giving the rationale behind their decision. So, could someone please post something? ;)
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm

I am voting for Mechanical Karkinos mainly because it had more to do than an Ashbite adaptation, and while Ashbite is excellent, Karkinos achieves more.

First he's far more focused being melee only, both passives are removed yet well implemented, and the new abilities really mean that he becomes an imposing and powerful force to destroy your enemies with.

I do like ashbite, the strategic options and simplicity are often overlooked, but while I won't say which adaptation I outright prefer, Karkinos is a lower hero than Ashbite for me and the fact that they are now comparable means Karkinos is the better adaptation.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Karkinos wins! :yey:

I actually didn't vote this time, because of how closely tied both heroes were for quality in my opinion. :shock:

Now, I decided to nominate Mornost so that Magnus' hero, Kochoz, has an opponent. Feel free to suggest your own heroes still. So far, there's just Tmn's Nivus remake waiting for another hero remake to challenge. But, with Aeris' Heroes and the Community Improves Heroes threads now pretty active, there's lots of potential for more match-ups. :D
BBB

by Sinque2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:26 am

Sees Mornost. Ooh he's pretty good.

Looks at Kochoz. Nice merchant idea.

Wait... he is demon!!! omg omg omg omg so beautiful <3

Tries to click on Kockoz vote box, but spills nonexistent coffee destroying computer.

Lohnt es sich zu sehen das gut Dämon!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Mornost wins by 1 point!

Now, for round 16, even though there weren't any recent hero nominees, I realized that Aeris and Razorlead linked their entire hero threads, so I'm going to pit Melinoe la'Mort and Bombrista agianst each other. Hope you don't mind. :D
BBB

by AerisDraco » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:42 am

kk
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

PreviousNext