Poll ended at Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Tykers (FDK)
60%
Flippz (Filipuntik)
40%

Total votes : 5

Re: Fanfic Hero vs Fanfic Hero

by Ninja » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:16 am

I accidentally voted for Melinoe. Could you put up a new poll, BBB? (I'm still deciding which hero I want to vote for; that's why I'm not just changing my vote.)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:54 am

Ok, but in return for this, you have to submit plenty of your own heroes, now. ;)
BBB

by Filipuntik » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Melinoe of course. I can imagine her being a bit more fun to play.

ALTHOUGH I have to say that Bombrista would probably shatter her in a duel.
"Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?"
User

by Filipuntik » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Double post, who caaaares...

BOOM have a fan hero that can take part in the contest. I'm open to a description of how would the duel between the heroes actually go down. No seriously, just check Slaughter thread.

So I give thee... Flippz the Courier!
[+] SPOILER
FLIPPZ the Courier

(if "the Courier" sounds too bland, check out actual ingame titles)

DESCRIPTION:

This 'ere Flipperine goes to the battlefield not to fight, but to make deliveries (even though sometimes it's her mace that needs to be expressly delivered into the visage of an unsuspecting enemy). She's rather short, standing at 2' 10" (~85cm), and has wide, pointy, perky ears. If you wonder why, Google "yordle" join Discord GO ON SLAUGHTER THREAD!

She's got medium black hair she combs behind her ears into a mullet of sorts, and doesn't differ from humans complexion-wise (unlike others of her kin). She isn't dressed in anything fancy, just a shirt and baggy pants, but she's wearing a harness on her back that is usually empty, although should she pick up a parcel, she carries it there. She has two weapons swinging at her belt, a mace for short-range encounters and a pistol for taking out entities approaching her in an aggressive manner.

Her main quirk as a Hero is that while she's present, packages (and occasionally a treasure chest) pop up on the map, and her picking them up grants bonuses that outbenefit having a glass cannon like her in direct combat.

STATS:

Respawn: 30s

Health: 100 -> 280 (+20)
Regeneration: 40/s
Armor: None

Ranged Damage: 6-10 -> 24-37 (+2-3)
Melee Damage: 12-15 -> 30-42 (+2-3)
Attack Speed: Medium (0.8s)
Range: Short (think Arivan)

Speed: Fast

ABILITIES:

Attacking: Flippz utilises her pistol to shoot enemies from afar, but will take out her mace for close quarters combat. Both weapons share the same attack speed. The mace deals above average melee damage for a ranged Hero, but Flippz will die quickly if she remains dependant on the mace.

Innate: Packages will appear on accessible areas of the map. Only one package shows up at a time. Should Flippz ever touch the package, she immediately picks it up and carries it on her back while also regenerating all of her Health. If she is commanded to stop near a tower with the package, she will throw it at the tower, buffing it temporarily. Flippz can be attacked while buffing a tower (which takes one second).
The effects last 8 seconds and are the following:
Archers: Attacks ignore Armor.
Barracks: Soldiers' health won't drop below 1.
Mages: Bolts deal 60% increased damage.
Druids: Druids attack 50% faster.
Flippz can buff uncommon towers as well. Both Awoks and Renegades receive the same bonus as Barracks. Flippz doesn't, however, deal with huge dragons.
Faery Dragon Aerie: Summons two extra faery dragons for the duration of the buff.
Gnome Garden: Instantly grants 150 gold instead.
Bastion: Enemies taking damage are also slowed down by 80%.

Packages appear 15 seconds after a package is used to buff a tower. Flippz gains experience from buffing towers. Packages don't respawn with Flippz if she dies with them.

Express Delivery (1/2/2): Throws a package containing a bomb, which explodes for 100/175/250 physical damage in an area. For each enemy killed, Flippz gains 20/30/40% speed in an adrenaline rush that lasts 6 seconds. Cooldown: 20s

Rolling Stones (2/3/4): Buffing a Druid tower permanently increases all of its damage outputs by 4%/6%/8%.

Gold Rush (2/1/1): A treasure chest spawns every 30/25/20 seconds, granting 100 gold if picked up.

Evasive Action (1/2/3): After interacting with a package or exploding an enemy, Flippz gains a shield that reduces incoming ranged damage by 30%/60%/90% over the next 5 seconds. Cooldown: 6s

Special Delivery (3/4/5): Summons a special chest that applies the package buff to up to 2/2/3/4 nearest towers. Cooldown: 40s/30s/30s/30s

GAMEPLAY:

Flippz's gameplay naturally revolves around her main mechanic that is the package delivery. Eventually, her gameplay boils down to picking up packages and chests when they appear and managing her positioning in the meantime. She should be kept out of ranged enemies' reach unless she's making a delivery (but then she can make use of the shield) and having her fight frontline should only be a last resort since she'd die quickly, her stun and shield not providing enough protection from enemy attacks, and once she would bite it, the player would have to wait through the excruciating 30 seconds of not being able to pick up packages.

The 'Rolling Stones' ability is there to incentivize building Druids :lol:

Also, huge thanks to both Big Bad Bug and FeedDaKingdom for helping with balancing.
(Which basically means that if FeedDaKingdom's hero gets pitted against poor Flippz, that hero would have extra leverage in terms of knowing his opponent, right?)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Thanks for the submission, Filipuntik! The drawing is really cool, too. (Those eyes... :shock: )

Melinoe la'Mort wins! That concludes round 16, which will be followed by Flippz vs... Nobody, because there are no more submissions. We'll wait for that, but in the meantime, I'll say that I really like the hero's mechanic, which I've never seen before. Flippz seems really fun to use. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm

I'll submit the hero that I'm currently making when I finish it.
User

by ShaDowAn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:48 pm

I could submit mine, but i need to add some finishing touches...
I go by Wintrytale or Wintry now.
User

by Filipuntik » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm

ShaDowAn wrote:I could submit mine, but i need to add some finishing touches...

Most of my finishing touches happened in this thread :P
User

by ShaDowAn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Alrighty then, I'm just going to leave this here
[+] SPOILER
Miruso The Mixed Magus

HP - 275 (+10) (LV1 185)
Armor - None
Range - 25 to 50 (+5) (LV1 1 to 10)
Melee - 25 to 50 (+5) (LV1 1 to 10)
Speed - Medium (No Teleport)
Respawn - 35 Seconds

Sudden Burst - Explodes, dealing 15/30/45% damage to themselves and stunning or poisoning enemies for 1.5/3/4.5 seconds. 10 Second cooldown

Draining Encouragement - Takes away 15/30/45% of Miruso's hp to boost Towers and Barracks by 15/30/45% for 3/6/9 Seconds (damage, armor etc.) 15 second cooldown.

Resistant Incineration (cannot be upgraded) - Ignites themselves, draining away 1% Hp every 2 seconds (for 20 seconds) but gains a 40% resistance from other sources & barracks in range gain a 20% resistance from all sources (except true damage). 25 Second cooldown

Life ripping shatter - Drops an explosive that takes away 15/30/45/60/75% HP from 1/2/3/4/5 Units, healing themselves for 15/30/45/60/75% HP. 35 Second cooldown

(Passive) when under 25% HP, Gains Double Damage & Faster firing speed but drains away 50% damage from towers and barracks.

Lucky Gamble (Hero skill) - Anywhere on the level drops a crate that either Stuns, Poisons the enemies for 8/9/10 seconds or drains away 30/40/50% enemies hp over the time of 7/6/5 seconds. 30 Second cooldown.

I go by Wintrytale or Wintry now.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:23 pm

[+] SPOILER
Tykers the Musketeer

Straight outta the slaughter thread
Tykers is a musketeer, plain and simple, similar to Eridan, thematically, as he is just a much better Musketeer
He wears the standard blue uniform, hat, and pants as regular musketeers, but he also wears an olive green scarf that covers his face and waves in the wind (like Alric)
He can be seen carrying some ammo pouches around his body, so that the blue uniform on is partially covered, he also carries a set of binoculars which hangs around his neck
For close encounters he'll whip out his personal collapsible folding sword that he stows on his belt
His rifle is different from the other musketeers, he uses a bolt action rifle that can be fired more rapidly than a single shot musket.

HP : 425 (250)
Regen : 30/s
Ranged Damage : 64-101 (46-74) (Physical)
Melee Damage : 15-20 (6-11) (Physical)
Armor : Light (30%), no armor below level 5
Speed : Medium (same as Eridan)
Range : Long (as in any tower with the range of long)
Attack speed : 1s (ranged), 1s (melee)

Respawn : 20s
Innate : After every 4 shots, Tykers must pause for 3s to reload, if he enters melee combat or move during this time, the timer is reset and he must move back to a safe distance to reload, if he doesn't use a ranged attack after 5s, he will reload automatically

Mark for Death (15s)
Marks a target for 5/7/9 seconds, which will become prioritized by towers and take 50%/75%/100% extra damage, Tykers will always target the highest health enemy inside his attack range with this ability.

Buckshot (6/5/4s)
Fires a shot that will do max true damage, stuns the primary target for 1s, and has a small AoE, stun becomes a 50% slow for bosses or minibosses
this ability will use an ammo out of Tykers' 4 round magazine, and takes priority over standard ranged attacks

Lay Waste (28s)
Towers and Soldiers in a radius (of average) around Tykers gain AoE (with the radius of standard druid hits) with their ranged attacks and a 10%/20%/30% attack speed bonus for 5/6/7s
Tykers himself is not affected. Druids don't have their splash reduction to boost their AoE. Cooldown starts after the duration ends.

Watch Tower (passive)
Every 15 idle seconds, Tykers summons a watchtower for 15/30/45 seconds. Troops moved to it and reinforcements spawned on it gain 50/75/100% more range and deal double damage.
Troops inside the watchtower will jump down to block on melee.

Hero Spell : Fortify (30s)
Fortify a part of the path (which will have some banners, palisades, sandbags, spikes, etc. on it), any soldier inside the fortified section gains a 30%/50%/70% bonus damage for their attacks. Enemies inside the fortified section are slowed down by 15%/25%/35%
Soldiers inside the fortified section gains a 20%/35%/50% resistance to ranged attacks coming from outside the fortified section.
Tykers is affected by this.
fortification lasts for 30/30/45/60s
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Filipuntik » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:16 pm

So it's up to BBB now?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 pm

It's finally updated!

Tykers vs Flippz: Who will win? :veznan:
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:29 pm

I voted for Flippz, because, while Tykers would destroy her in a fight, I still prefer her design and her interesting new gimmick.
User

by Minuet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:10 am

I voted for Tykers cause Lay Waste is what Rolling Stones should have been.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Ninja » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:13 am

@Minuet: And what, pray tell, is Rolling Stones?
User

by Minuet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:04 am

Ninja wrote:@Minuet: And what, pray tell, is Rolling Stones?

Read Flippz' abilities.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:30 am

Why the heck both heroes must have crazy names :shock:

Flippz is a rather bland heroine. Her buff lasts only 8 seconds why taking 15 seconds to recharge afterwards, and the buff is not very strong nor distinctive on its own. Her other skills are rather weak too, spoiling what should have been the most innovative hero(ine) ever.

Tykers is a sufficiently strong hero. He gets my vote for being able to deploy watchtowers and barricades on the path and have that 4-round ammo mechanism, despite being a bland musketeer, Tykers is not bland at all! :hero:
User

by Ninja » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:13 am

Minuet wrote:
Ninja wrote:@Minuet: And what, pray tell, is Rolling Stones?

Read Flippz' abilities.

Oh. I forgot that name.

In any case, Lay Waste has an entirely different purpose from Rolling Stones, so LW can't be what RS should have been. ;)
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Do improved canon heroes count?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:29 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Do improved canon heroes count?

Yep. We've done 2 rounds so far using them. :D
BBB

PreviousNext