Tykers (FDK)
60%
Flippz (Filipuntik)
40%

Total votes : 5

Re: Fanfic Hero vs Fanfic Hero

by Zonoro13 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Join discord
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Ninja » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Join discord

Oh, yeah; I forgot about that. I can join that now. A link, if you would. :)
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 pm

KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:07 pm

The next poll is now active! :D

Illusionist Kai and Hem'qras the Lich are your options. Make sure you pick the best one. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:45 pm

I vote for Hem'qras because he's cooler IMO, and I'm pretty sure that he would win in a fight. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 am

Excuse the delay. :)

Lazarus the Dreamer vs Derwydd the Elven Druid is the next battle! I haven't got any more heroes nominated besides a second of Sairi's heroes, so feel free to dig up and post some more. Either way, I'm nominating Vairn, the Dragon Shade, to compete with Sairi's second hero. :twisted:
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:57 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Excuse the delay. :)

Never! :evil: ( :P)

[+] SPOILER
Also, there's a comma splice in the last sentence of your comment: Either way, I'm nominating Vairn, the Dragon Shade ...
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 am

Do we submit hero names for entry and you cut them out, or do we submit the final product to you?

Either way, I'm considering entering Burden, who was my first hero, if I recall correctly. However, now I am wiser and more well versed in the ways of heroes, there are a few minor alterations I have to make, thus I would ask you only take from that thread when I've given a smalll update post, which would put it in the new posts. It shouldn't take long.

Also, I may change my assessment in a bit, but Sairi's hero has the better backstory personally, and a unique play style showcasing the power that passive have when used correctly, but ill vote in a day or so because I'm not certain
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:10 pm

If I recall correctly, he said to either post a link to a thread containing the nominated hero or to put the whole hero in a spoiler tag and post it here.

I agree wholeheartedly with Kingmaker about the backstories; backstory writing is not my forte.

As for balance, I think both heroes are pretty balanced, though I think that Ragemeter (Druid) should fill up faster, because he seems kind of on the weak side without it. Darkness Rises (Dreamer) seems kind of OP to me now, when looking back over Lazarus. Does anyone else think that this feeling is justified?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:28 pm

I prefer having the hero linked so that I can copy and paste them into a spoiler in the OP. I won't exclude entried if they're PMed to me, but I prefer having an easy-to-access post on this thread to keep things organized, especially so I can just check the order of the posts and don't have to scour my PMs to see which heroes are lined up together. :P

I'm making my vote, which is apparently the first, for Lazarus, since I like his theme and aesthetics better. Derwydd is a cool but very UP hero, as he is meant to engage enemies in melee to transform, but has such low health and armor, even for Frontiers, that I can't aee it working unless the numbers get a massive change. Ragemeter costs too much health for too little benefit, as cool as the idea is (encouraging us to put him in danger and thus in melee combat, where his Shift skills are put to use), for the imbalance is the only major difference between him and Ninja's hero that makes me lean in favor of Lazarus. As we already know from Moralux vs Tristana, people tend to favor an OP hero over an UP one. ;)

I don't think Derwydd's backstory is all that superior to Lazarus's lore. Plus, I remember that Ninja edited some parts of it after I gave some feedback, so he had to add in some things that broke the flow of the story, like him being an adult instead of a teenage elf being carried around. ;)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Here ya go!

[+] SPOILER
Burden the Innocent is a very young (~10) male Twilight Elf. He has short cut white hair, and wears some of the armour and cape of a Harasser, which are comically large for him, alongside some tattered grey shorts, which emphasise his light purple skin tone. He is clutching the continent destroying book of Baj'Nimen In both hands, and wispy black and purple smoke drifts out from time to time between its pages.

Level 4 Level 10 Gain per level
Health: 200 350 25
Armour: None (0%) Low (30%) 5%
Damage: Burden opens the book and read it, occasionally flicking a page over, causing a light purple magic orb like those of Bah'Nimen to fall upon his target, dealing 13-28 40-55 3.3 single-target Magic damage every 1.5 seconds. When switching to melee he slams the glowing book shut and bashes enemies with it, with the same damage and time interval as at range.
Speed: Fast (closes the book and runs to the area, his overly large cape billowing behind him.
Re-spawn: 12 seconds. Upon death he puts the book on the ground jumps into it, and it closes. When he respawns, it opens, he jumps out, and he picks it up to begin anew.
Innates: Burden is actively immune to magic damage, as magical attacks are drawn into the book.
Burden is an arachnophobe, and his fear manifests through the book, the light purple glow of his attacks replaced by a darker shade bordering on black, causing him to deal true damage and recharge his powers 150% as fast when spiders are near.
Burden can reach impassable areas by jumping into the book and moving as a whirl of pages over gaps and canyons, allowing him to reach areas such as the Island on Arcane Quarters. He moved as fast as his run speed while doing this.
Skills:
White Pages (passive): Reading pages made out of the magical Sleeping Trees, Burden raisies his damage by 5/10/20 (max 60-75), giving a 2.5/5/10% stun chance on all his attacks (like the white tree's power) and gives his attacks a 2.5/5/10% chance of dealing the same damage to enemies within range of a Sylvan Curse.
Problem Shared (active, 32 seconds): Burden shows the book to any single enemy or 400/600/800 health worth of enemies, disintegrating them and dealing either 12.5/18.75/25% of the enemy's health, or 50/100/200 as area magic damage, whichever is larger. If used on a magic enemy (Blighter, Scourger, Breeder, Evoker, Zealot, Heretic, Arachinomancer, Blood Ogre, Ogre Magi or Dark Spitter) it deals this area damage again a few seconds later.
Mutual Torment (active, 18 seconds): Links the strongest enemy on the map with 25/33/50% of their health worth of random enemies, each party taking 125/150/200% the damage dealt to the other. Affected enemies have a purple Sylvan curse icon under their feet,
Mischievous Charm (active, 14 seconds): Burden rips a page out of his book and makes it into a paper aeroplane, which he throws at an enemy, dealing 150/300/450 physical/physical/true damage to a single target, with a 50% chance of causing a random area effect including: the Sorcerer's Stone powers; poison/burn (both 5 sos for 5 seconds), an additional 50 area damage, teleport, silence/stun and summoning a Bookwyrm for 7 seconds(both 5 seconds)
Hero Spell: BookWyrm (40 seconds): 1/1/2/3 smaller versions of Baj'Nimen's wyrm crawl out of the book for 25 seconds with 300/400/500/600 health each, dealing 20-30/30-45/50-65/75-100 damage with 20/40/60% Armour or Magic Resistance. At level 3 he summons the purple worm we know, which has magic resistance, a red one which has physical armour and another that is a random colour with a mixture of physical and magic resistances totalling 60%. At lower levels it is random what kinds he summons. He has a 1/25 chance of summoning an albino, with pale skin, red eyes, 750 health, 80% armour and dealing true damage.
Quotes:
This is my Burden (said by him about his book, and about Burden by Lynn)
Do you want to read it? (Do you want to hold it- said by the character Errand, this heroe's inspiration, to pretty much anyone)
I don't wanna be scared anymore (The Sixth Sense- said by the "I see dead people" kid)
Lets hope I'm good at peace too (a shortening of a quote from Ender in Ender's game.)
Yeaugh! Spiders! (when spiders are near)
I want you to read with me! (About enemies, the player, and Lynn in response to "what do you want errand boy?")
Don't judge things by their covers! (or something similar- or more akin to "don't judge a book by it's movie"
Ever after... (upon death- or The End- but thats a bit morbid, and he'll be back in 12 seconds anyway)

Lynn also has "No, this is a vorpal sword" in response to Malicia asking Reg'son: "Is that a Vorpal Sword?"

Unknowing and unquestioning, Burden was stolen away to Duredhel after his magic was discovered at a young age. He was trained by Twilight Sorcerers, who hoped for him to eventually become a Heretic, but his innate powers were incompatible with any of those known, so Lynn, who had been bid to execute the child, she hid him in the near-abandoned libraries of the Fortress, allowing the boy to read aimlessly in safety, after teaching him to read and write, killing all the small spiders that Burden hated using her Hexes, and bringing him portions of her food. Eventually enough time had passed and as just another youth, Burden served as an Errand Boy, Lynn using her position to keep him safe and close to her.
Years Later, after Malicia had failed to control the Tear Of Elynie, an Evoker snuck into the dusty libraries Burden frequented to read forbidden books of prophecy, but instead found a huge, long forgotten tome lying closed in the middle of the floor, a long-lost relic of immense power that destroyed her utterly as she opened to the first page. Burden, feeling a familiar power, walked to the library and flicked through the book's pages to where he had last read up to. When Baj'Nimen came to investigate, he was shocked to find the boy reading the lethal pages that had been hidden to the unworthy, and knew he could use and manipulate it's power at any cost, keeping the boy's new purpose hidden from Lynn and using what he could glean from the boy to make his continent-destroying spell, willing to do anything to gain the forbidden magicks, even if the boy were destroyed in the process.
But he was not.
Baj'Nimen, however, wasn't so lucky.
Now that he has been freed from the manic dictator's influence, Burden follows Lynn into the world with wide, analytic eyes, but he still has the determination and survival instincts of any Twilight Elf, alongside an arsenal of Eldritch and embargoed dark magic, tamed only by his huge heart and open mind.

Overall playstyle: Burden focuses on dealing gargantuan amounts of damage to single targets and groups alike, while an array of beneficial secondary effects randomly tigger from his powers and attacks, amplifying him to create carnage. Micromanaging Burden would be useful to keep him in the right place on the battlefield, as with his low health and armour he needs to be kept safe from ranged enemies behind barracks and his BookWyrms, but close enough that he can draw in enemy magic attacks to prevent them from killing his guardians. While his melee damage is the same as his ranged, it is unsustainable for long persons due to his squishy nature.

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:13 am

Updated with Burden the Innocent vs Sir Blackburn :)
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:29 am

Both are awesome aesthetically, but I prefer Burden because of his skills. They're so awesome. :D

(Looking at Burden, it seems as though a more theme appropriate fight would have been Lazarus vs Burden instead of Lazarus vs Derwydd and Burden vs Blackburn.)
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:33 am

Yup, Burden is very detailed, while Blackburn is short and simple. I favor dedication in fanfic heroes, that definitely affected my choice.
User

by Manijure » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 am

I'll have to agree with Ninja and TMN. Kingmaker spent more time crafting Burden than I did for Sir Blackburn. Burden is thus a more intricate, fun, and interactive Hero, so my vote goes to Kingmaker.

Edit: His backstory is brilliant, and ties very well to the Baj'nimen story arc. A very good read. :)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:43 am

As with last time I will refrain from voting when my own hero is one of the combatants.

I think that in terms of the hero gained per hour or so of work, manijure definitely beats me there, Blackburn is concise and to the point with an interesting style allowing him to become an immeasurable tank eventually, leech enemy damage and bufff allies. Beyond the obvious that there aren't cooldowns on the powers I think the two passive states could be combined into one, allowing for another active ability to spruce up his roster, perhaps a true damage axe strike or another dark magic passive? Beyond that he's a great callback and he sounds like a great hero

Also I'm really not one to talk about balance :/ I also cringe at the typos and autocorrect fails that plague the lore section, although I am glad it is coherent enough and that you guys enjoyed it. The only reason I redid this hero recently was because I reaslised how much I like his backstory and how much I could do with it. If anyone would like to go to Burden's own post I'm in the process of refining him further and I'd love some feedback. I think I've sorted out the typos and tried my hand at balancing him.

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:17 am

Thread update?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Ninja wrote:Thread update?

I need a hero to challenge Vairn the Dragon Shade first. ;)
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:36 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Thread update?

I need a hero to challenge Vairn the Dragon Shade first. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26480#p137530
Razor accepts the challenge.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Well, Gwead the Blood Elf (Sairi's other nominated hero) hasn't gone yet, you know. ;)
User

PreviousNext