5%
Entry 8
No votes
Entry 9
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Hero Design Contest Voting

by Ninja » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:23 am

I can make it a tie if I cast my vote now. But I won't, I reserve the almighty power to make whichever entry I want win. :twisted:
:hero:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Annnnd.....
DOUBLE KNOCKOUT
ITS A DRAW PEOPLE!!!!
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Ninja » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:52 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Annnnd.....
DOUBLE KNOCKOUT
ITS A DRAW PEOPLE!!!!

I helped out with that. :twisted:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 pm

and the Dark Templar lived happily ever after with the Storm Prodigy....
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Congratulations to FeedDaKingdom for Entry 3 and TMN Loveblue for Entry 4! :yey: Also, I commend the efforts of the other entries, which I won't reveal myself, but the creators can if they wish. :)

By the way, I made Entry 9. ;) Next time, I might try to make a proper entry. It depends. :P
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Congratulations to FDK and TMN! :yey:

I was the creator of Entry 1 (how does my entry always get in the Entry 1 position), and I have to admit it, the idea was pretty half-baked. I was in a hurry when I typed it out, and I left out some vital information such as the levels for the Hero Spell, some acceptable lore, and the other basic stuff (overall playstyle, trivia, quotes). I incorporated a few references here and there, though, such as the name being an almost anagram for the Morgawr and Dark Fists referencing Ganondorf's (2nd?) custom move in Smash 4.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Admittedly, my hero wasn't half-baked, but it was created specifically to stand out without taking away victory from other, good entries. So, in that sense, I succeeded. :twisted:
BBB

by magicmetal03 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:06 pm

I made entry 7. So.. the heros' stats is flimsy. Alright.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:59 am

:yey:

Ninja wrote:Congratulations to FDK and TMN! :yey:

I was the creator of Entry 1 (how does my entry always get in the Entry 1 position), and I have to admit it, the idea was pretty half-baked. I was in a hurry when I typed it out, and I left out some vital information such as the levels for the Hero Spell, some acceptable lore, and the other basic stuff (overall playstyle, trivia, quotes). I incorporated a few references here and there, though, such as the name being an almost anagram for the Morgawr and Dark Fists referencing Ganondorf's (2nd?) custom move in Smash 4.

Actually, when I read your entry I was pretty impressed ;) The Hero is OP in a spectacular way, and I like how he is a mage but does not looks frail. However, the drawbacks you have pointed out, and the long recharges on all of his skills make me not voting for it :(

Big Bad Bug wrote:Admittedly, my hero wasn't half-baked, but it was created specifically to stand out without taking away victory from other, good entries. So, in that sense, I succeeded. :twisted:

So, BBJB was actually yours :shock: I cannot imagine that. I though it wasn't yours (sorry Juice Box :oops: ) and the over-the-top humor directed at you is not very appealing then :oops: What a huge mistake I made :oops:

magicmetal03 wrote:I made entry 7. So.. the heros' stats is flimsy. Alright.

Your entry earned my vote in the end ;) The concept is cool and the way you designed it strongly reminds me of BBB's style :? The major drawbacks are his HP, which is definitely too low for a pure melee hero, though his respawn sort of make up for it, and the weakness of his Hero Spell, since many other Spells are stronger with a much shorter cool-down. Perhaps the Hero Spell could instead be one basic skill with 20s cool-down and less stun, and the Spell could be replaced with something else :P

Despite these drawbacks, the hidden humor and how the backstory of Alfred was well integrated into the lore definitely makes 7 a good entry :mrgreen:
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Ninja » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:03 am

tmn loveblue wrote:Actually, when I read your entry I was pretty impressed ;) The Hero is OP in a spectacular way, and I like how he is a mage but does not looks frail. However, the drawbacks you have pointed out, and the long recharges on all of his skills make me not voting for it :(

I put such long cooldowns on all of his skills because they were so strong that he would be absolutely broken otherwise; perhaps I went a bit overboard with the idea, though. Thanks for the compliment, anyways. :)
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:09 am

I agree that he would be overly game-breaking with shorter cooldowns, if he haven't already :D but since I like a hero to have at least 1 spammable skill so the game could looks more interesting, it is just my personal opinion. Other people may enjoy long-recharge but powerful skills more ;)
User

by Ninja » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:10 am

tmn loveblue wrote:I agree that he would be overly game-breaking with shorter cooldowns, if he haven't already :D but since I like a hero to have at least 1 spammable skill so the game could looks more interesting, it is just my personal opinion. Other people may enjoy long-recharge but powerful skills more ;)

I like variety with my heroes most of all. Some should have long cooldowns, some should have short ones, and some should have a decent mixture of both. This one just happened to have long cooldowns. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 am

I'd like to also point out that a great deal of people voted in this contest, and I appreciate all of the care you guys have for fictional ideas that us fans create over someone else's fictional ideas. :lol:

@tmn loveblue Part of the design was making the entry look like Juice Box made it. It looks like I did a good job. :D

Now, the question is: What should our next contest be? I was thinking of something unique, like a collab contest where 2 people have to make an MC or standalone level for a contest entry. We just have to make sure that there is an even number of participants, or have a 3-person group. ;)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:25 am

I didn't enter and voted for Entry 6 because I liked it.

Congrats to the winners
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:19 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:I didn't enter and voted for Entry 6 because I liked it.

Congrats to the winners

I liked Entry 6 too. It fell short of Entry 3's greatness by a very small margin, IMO.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:00 am

I made entry 5, Karrion the spirit of death. Man, my opinion on that hero only worsened with time...Oh well. Also, I voted for entry number 3.
I think that an interesting contest could be one that involves making a cool bonus-tower for the inevitable dragon-throne mini-campaign. Players would explain it's design, abilities, relevance, etc. This might be hard to do, however, as we have no info on what dragon throne will actually have as far as theme, challenge and enemies. Perhaps you would have to make a bonus tower for a different theme, such as some of the mini-campaigns that don't already have a bonus tower. Or, it could just be a "Create a level four tower" contest.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:I made entry 5, Karrion the spirit of death. Man, my opinion on that hero only worsened with time...Oh well. Also, I voted for entry number 3.
I think that an interesting contest could be one that involves making a cool bonus-tower for the inevitable dragon-throne mini-campaign. Players would explain it's design, abilities, relevance, etc. This might be hard to do, however, as we have no info on what dragon throne will actually have as far as theme, challenge and enemies. Perhaps you would have to make a bonus tower for a different theme, such as some of the mini-campaigns that don't already have a bonus tower. Or, it could just be a "Create a level four tower" contest.

Are you aware of the community-made mini-campaign for Dragon Throne? I plan on holding a contest for designing the final boss when the time comes. :)
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:21 am

Oh yes, I'm very aware of the community-made mini-campaign. I will looking forward to when the dragon boss contest comes out!
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:35 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Are you aware of the community-made mini-campaign for Dragon Throne? I plan on holding a contest for designing the final boss when the time comes. :)

If you ever update the thread, that is. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:26 am

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Are you aware of the community-made mini-campaign for Dragon Throne? I plan on holding a contest for designing the final boss when the time comes. :)

If you ever update the thread, that is. ;)

The Dragon Soul Harvester tower is up on the Burning Skies Content thread now. I forgot to mention the update earlier. :roll:

Onwards, to another thread! :hero:
BBB

PreviousNext