MagicMetal's Fairy Tale Heroes

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

MagicMetal's Fairy Tale Heroes

by magicmetal03 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:16 pm

So, remember Jaelyn, the Red Riding Hood(somewhere there) and Entry 7(Alfred, the Big Bad Wolf)?

Well, I'm gonna create more of these Fairy Tale heroes and hopefully, they're going to be more balanced than the other 2 heroes, which are ridiculously weak.

So, without further ado, here it goes. Hopefully, these aren't ridiculously weak.

Princess Allegria, the Cinderella Girl

Description: A girl wearing a beautiful dress, she has glass slippers on. She has blue eyes, and long, black hair.

Lore: After marrying the Prince that she danced with, she is now gladly married to him and the marriage was great! But a few months later, she travelled to Aredhal, and spent years there training to become an magician. During her travel, she decided that she's going to learn a move called "The Cinder Rain" because of the word "Cinder" in her nickname. His husband was angry, and commanded an army of trained soldiers to fight Allegria, but ended up in defeat. They ended up divorcing, and now Cinderella is a part of the Aredhal army.

Health: 200 (300 once Level 10)
Attack: Magic: 10~20(20~30 once Level 10) (By throwing magic dusts magically); Melee: 3~5 (13~15 when Level 10) (Punching)
Magic Attack Recharge: Fast(1 second)
Melee Attack Recharge: Medium(1.99 second)
Armor: Low Armor (15%)
Heal Rate: 20/s
Respawn Rate: 20 seconds
Movement Speed: Fast(by running)

Innate Trait
The Cinder Path
When she walks, she leaves a pile of cinder, slowing down enemies by 10%. It disappears after 5 seconds.

Skills

Shoe Throw(Recharge: 15/13/11 seconds; Cost: 1/2/3):
Cinderella takes off her glass slipper, and throws it to an enemy, dealing 20/30/40 damage, stunned for 2/3/4 seconds. She then magically grabs another glass slipper and wears it.

Blinding Doves(Recharge: 24/21/18 seconds; Costs: 3/3/3):
Cinderella summons a dove. The doves pokes out 3/4/5 enemies' eyes, dealing 5/10/15 damage, making them move slower by 20%, and making them to lose 5%/10%/15% attack. Lasts for 7 seconds.

Sudden Waltz(Recharge: 20/18/16 seconds; Costs: 2/2/2)
Cinderella convinces enemies around her to dance, making them still blockable, but they can't attack. It lasts for 6/8/10 seconds.

Cinder Mock(Recharges: 18/16/14 seconds; Costs: 2/2/2)
Cinderella throws cinder dusts at enemies, dealing 25/30/35 true damage to them, and slows them down for 7 seconds.

Hero Skill
Cinder Rain(Recharge: 30 seconds; Costs 3/3/3)
Cinderella magically makes cinder fall on a destinated area, covering enemies with cinder, causing them to be paralyzed for 6/8/10 seconds and deals 45/50/55 damage.

Quotes
"I don't do house cleaning anymore."
"When life's tough, throw a slipper. A glass slipper, to be precise."
"I will adopt orphans, since people can't be trusted."

Charlie, the Ugly Duckling

Description: A brown duck with a paper bag covering its face but not the beak.

Lore: After being with the swans, he was able to learn how to defend himself. He decided to leave with his old self, but to have the ability to morph into a swan. The swans agreed, and so the ugly duckling wandered around with a paper bag he had found on the ground. Suddenly, royal guards of Aredhal captured him, and now he's been working for them for a few years. Now, it's his time to be a frontline fighter.

Health: 300(400 when Level 10)
Attack: 15~35(25~45 when Level 10) (It pecks the enemy)
Melee Attack Recharge: Medium(1.3 seconds)
Armor: None
Heal Rate: 15/s
Respawn Rate: 20 seconds
Movement Speed: Medicore(waddling)

Innate Trait
Misbash
When Charlie reaches an enemy, he first bashes his face into the enemy, dealing 5 true damage before fighting.

Skills

Swan Morph(Recharge Speed: 30/27/24 seconds; Costs: 2/2/2):
Charlie morphs into a swan, dealing 35/45/55 damage and the ability to do a ranged melee attack.

The Surprise(Recharge Speed: 25/23/21 seconds; Costs: 1/2/3):
Charlie takes off his paper bag(in which a dot with a question mark covers Charlie's face), surprising enemies in front of him to run backwards 3/5/7 seconds before brave enough to come back. Charlie then wears his paper bag.

Swan Call(Recharge Speed: 30/25/20 seconds; Costs: 2/2/2);
Charlie makes a screeching call, summoning 3/4/5 swans that swipes its beak, dealing AOE damage of 25/35/45 damage. They lasts for 9/12/15 seconds.

Quake Stomp(Recharge Speed: 25/23/21 seconds; Costs: 1/2/3):
Charlie angrily stomps on the ground, stunning enemies in front of him for 4/6/8 seconds.

Hero Skill
Bird Sense(Recharge: 30 seconds; Costs: 3/3/3):
Charlie shoots 3/4/5 magical gems at enemies. When hit, they morph either into a duplicate of himself with 75%/65%/55% less Health, or they morph into swans in which suicides once it attacks. The second option does 50/60/70 true damage.

To be continued...
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

Re: MagicMetal's Fairy Tale Heroes

by Sinque Productions » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:26 am

I really enjoy the idea of being able to stop opponents from moving forward or just slowing them. It's the idea of a tank, but in a character that isn't one.
As balance goes, I'd say the Ugly Duckling is good, but Cinderella is a bit OP. That being said I'm not very good at assigning balance in a game like KR by just reading.
Here are my changes:
I would say the biggest problem is see with her is that she can keep enemies in a lane permanently stopped. She makes barracks super strong, since enemies do little or no damage, and she will slow enemies quite a lot. She can also completely halt there progress about 50% of the time. Even Dante can't clear lanes like she can nullify them. And she does quite a bit of damage too.
Nerf magic damage to 20-30.
Increase Cinder Rain cooldown to 45 seconds.
Cinder Path, Blinding Doves, and Cinder mock don't have specified slow amounts, but I'm going to put cinder path at 10%, blinding doves at 20% and at a duration of 7 seconds for all the effects, and cinder mock at 15% allowing stack (45%) if all three abilities are on a target.
Anyway, love the ideas.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 am

Sinque Productions wrote:I really enjoy the idea of being able to stop opponents from moving forward or just slowing them. It's the idea of a tank, but in a character that isn't one.
As balance goes, I'd say the Ugly Duckling is good, but Cinderella is a bit OP. That being said I'm not very good at assigning balance in a game like KR by just reading.
Here are my changes:
I would say the biggest problem is see with her is that she can keep enemies in a lane permanently stopped. She makes barracks super strong, since enemies do little or no damage, and she will slow enemies quite a lot. She can also completely halt there progress about 50% of the time. Even Dante can't clear lanes like she can nullify them. And she does quite a bit of damage too.
Nerf magic damage to 20-30.
Increase Cinder Rain cooldown to 45 seconds.
Cinder Path, Blinding Doves, and Cinder mock don't have specified slow amounts, but I'm going to put cinder path at 10%, blinding doves at 20% and at a duration of 7 seconds for all the effects, and cinder mock at 15% allowing stack (45%) if all three abilities are on a target.
Anyway, love the ideas.

Edited, and thank you for your praise!
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by ShaDowAn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Great heroes! They both seem a bit UP to me, but what do i know about balancing? Probably nothing :P

(Also i think its Aredhel not Aredhal)
I go by Wintrytale or Wintry now.
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:40 pm

ShaDowAn wrote:Great heroes! They both seem a bit UP to me, but what do i know about balancing? Probably nothing :P

(Also i think its Aredhel not Aredhal)

Thank you!
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:06 am

Every time I read, "Allegria," I think of Alleria. :P She has really weak stats, and the 1.99s recharge instead of 2s for her melee attack makes me laugh. :lol: Shoe Throw is also pretty weak, even though it recharges fast. The same goes for Blinding Doves and Cinder Mock, although Sudden Waltz is very powerful. All of the skills combine into slowing down or stunning enemies, which makes her come together nicely for a supportive playstyle. I wish you didn't do that thing everyone does with skill upgrades in which the skill stats as well as cooldown all change per upgrade. I only don't like this because cooldowns are never stated in-game and this would make it even more difficult to be aware of when a skill is ready.

Anyways, there's somehing about Cinderella/Allegria/Alleria/Algeria that I want to discuss. I always like to imagine heroes in the actual game and how they would operate amongst all of the towers and enemies. However, I find it difficult to imagine these kinds of heroes appearing in a future update (a reason besides the fact that nothing is being updated at the moment) since they lack the flair of other heroes. The ones that appear in the base game like Alric, Catha, and such can get away with being a little plain since they're the first heroes that are available and don't have to compete as much. If Cinderella appeared as a hero with the unrealistic Dragon Throne update, she would be too plain amongst heroes like Durax, Phoenix, and Lynn.

I hope I'm not being excessively critical with such a statement; I think a hero's theme and how they compare to other heroes is a significant factor in their quality, and it's my biggest concern for these heroes. They are still good, though, with playstyles in mind and even an eye for balanced skills every once in awhile. For some of your first attempts, I'd say it's all quite impressive. :D

By the way, I hope this doesn't count as necromancy since we were just discussing these heroes on Discord. ;)
BBB

by magicmetal03 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:13 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Every time I read, "Allegria," I think of Alleria. :P She has really weak stats, and the 1.99s recharge instead of 2s for her melee attack makes me laugh. :lol: Shoe Throw is also pretty weak, even though it recharges fast. The same goes for Blinding Doves and Cinder Mock, although Sudden Waltz is very powerful. All of the skills combine into slowing down or stunning enemies, which makes her come together nicely for a supportive playstyle. I wish you didn't do that thing everyone does with skill upgrades in which the skill stats as well as cooldown all change per upgrade. I only don't like this because cooldowns are never stated in-game and this would make it even more difficult to be aware of when a skill is ready.

Anyways, there's somehing about Cinderella/Allegria/Alleria/Algeria that I want to discuss. I always like to imagine heroes in the actual game and how they would operate amongst all of the towers and enemies. However, I find it difficult to imagine these kinds of heroes appearing in a future update (a reason besides the fact that nothing is being updated at the moment) since they lack the flair of other heroes. The ones that appear in the base game like Alric, Catha, and such can get away with being a little plain since they're the first heroes that are available and don't have to compete as much. If Cinderella appeared as a hero with the unrealistic Dragon Throne update, she would be too plain amongst heroes like Durax, Phoenix, and Lynn.

I hope I'm not being excessively critical with such a statement; I think a hero's theme and how they compare to other heroes is a significant factor in their quality, and it's my biggest concern for these heroes. They are still good, though, with playstyles in mind and even an eye for balanced skills every once in awhile. For some of your first attempts, I'd say it's all quite impressive. :D

By the way, I hope this doesn't count as necromancy since we were just discussing these heroes on Discord. ;)

Thank you! They are pretty weak, but it's probably the lack of idea and balancing that affected the heroes to be weak.
I really don't know exactly how to make them stand out, as I'm just starting out like you said and these heroes were just neophytic works made by me.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User