Minuet's Mystical Myriad of Heroes

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Minuet's Mystical Myriad of Heroes

by Minuet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 am

My heroes that I made from bargain store clay, pls leave a like, comment, and subscribe.

Quite misleading as there's only one hero, ( :twisted: ) but I'll be updating this very frequently over the next few days so never fear!

(Two months later) BAHAHA AS IF. ^

Note: Numbers may be a bit iffy cause i'm bad at balancing them. *~*

Stat Template
Stat Name: Stat at level 10 (Stat Growth) (Stat at level 1)

Kingdom Rush Heroes

Glb'll, the Goblin
[+] SPOILER
Health: 420 (+40) (60)
Damage: 11-24 (+1/+2) (3-6) (0.5s attack speed)
Armour: Low (20%)
Movement Speed: Average (Grounded)
Respawn: 20s
EXP Rate: Fast
Innate Passive: Glb’ll drops (3+level+wave number) gold upon dying, including deaths of those spawned by Replicate.

Appearance: Glb'll looks like any other goblin, except he carries a sword that the soldiers from the barracks towers use instead of the regular goblin weapon. He also has a dark green glow underneath his feet like any other hero to differentiate himself from other units.

Bio: After being employed by the dark wizard Vez’nan for a measly 3 gold, Glb’ll was told stories of the ‘evil humans’ he would be facing, with the greatest hope to die a martyr and take out five percent of their base. Glb’ll knew he could do more with his life than walk down a path, and set off to join the humans. It was rough at first as they would shoot at him if he got close enough, but eventually, he succeeded in avoiding a crispy death by falling meteors from the sky by performing some weird animations not in the normal sprite sheet for goblins, confusing the nearby Archer Tower and eventually securing his spot in the Linirean Army.

Replicate (Cooldown: 10s)
Glb’ll knows the secrets of the endless hordes, and can split himself into 2/3/4 identical copies of himself, shown as an additional Glb'll appearing to respawn right next to him. All copies are equal and will respawn 10 seconds after dying. If all of them die then the actual hero death timer goes into effect.
Wind Totem (Cooldown: 15s)
Using his latent shamanic powers, Glb’ll can summon a totem he carries that speeds up the attack speed of all Glb’lls and up to 1 nearby tower by 25/37/50%. Only one Glb’ll can carry a Wind Totem at a time, and if he dies then the effect is lost until another, randomly selected, Glb’ll from the bunch can summon a new one. The Glb’ll carrying the totem will bash enemies with it as their attack instead of the swords the rest carry, attacking twice as slow and dealing twice as much damage.

Strategy: Glb'll is, by an extremely large margin, much weaker than every other KR1 hero at level 1. If one takes the time to get him to a higher level, however, then he quickly advances in power, Replicate granting him exponential stat boosts and Wind Totem an essential damage boost. That being said, he should be used to take out groups of weaker enemies, and tougher enemies only if you can isolate them, as groups will dilute his damage output.

Frontiers Heroes

Minuet, the Wanderer
[+] SPOILER
Health: 280 (+15) (145)
Damage: 24-38 (+1/+2) (15-20)(1s attack speed)
Armour: None
Movement Speed: Average (Grounded)
Respawn: 25s
EXP Rate: Average

Bio: Minuet was originally a young, strapping lad in training for the Sylvan Army. However, since he couldn't take orders properly and yelled "thug lyfe" too much, in addition to a particular incident where he told a supervisor to "cash him outside", he was expelled. Lost and unsure, he explored the forests for many days, before getting bored and dehydrated. When all hope seemed lost, he came across the Tempus Locus, Bow of Plot Devices, which gives him dimension-altering abilities. Now filled with a newfound strength and ego, he traveled to a far-off land to show off take up his charge and fight a growing evil.

Phase Barrage (2/2/2) (Charge Cooldown: 4/3/2s)
Minuet creates a clone at his current location that fires one arrow at the closest enemy, dealing normal damage, before disappearing. Using the ability doesn’t make him stop his current action, and requires no input from him, it’s also used while Minuet is moving. Phase Arrow can hold up to 5 stacks at once and will unload them all with a 0.2s delay between each shot when more than 1 stack is charged at once.
Charged Corrosive Bolt (3/3/3) (Cooldown: 20s)
Fires a glowing green arrow at an enemy, dealing 70-90/110-130/150-170 True damage to a single enemy, then reducing their armour/m.res by 50% of it’s base value for 10 seconds, and increasing damage done to the enemy by Minuet by 20/30/40% for 6 seconds. Bosses are immune to the damage increase and armour reduction.
Temporal Reversal (3/2/1) (Cooldown: 12s)
Fires a glowing blue arrow at an enemy, causing them to move back in time for 3/4/5s, essentially causing them to moonwalk back up the path.
Rising Momentum (1/1/2)
If Minuet remains moving for 5/4/3 seconds, his next attack after stopping will deal +50% damage. In addition, all Phase Barrages used while moving will deal +15/20/25% damage.
Splitter Quiver (Passive) (1/1/1)
Each attack (including Phase Barrages) explodes into shrapnel upon hitting their primary target, damaging enemies in a cone behind the enemy (relative to where the arrow was fired from) for 25/50/75% of the attack’s damage

Origins Heroes

Garesen, the Armsmaster
[+] SPOILER
Health: 450 (+15) (350)
Damage: 33-59 (+2/+3) (15-21)(2s -base- attack speed)
Armour: Low (20%)
Movement Speed: Slow (Grounded)
Respawn: 20s
EXP Rate: Average

Bio: An elite member of Prince Denas' Kingsguard, Garesen pursues complete combat mastery in order to protect his homeland. With the help of Elven magics and rune forging he has inspired the creation of what is now his signature weapon: the Vanguard, a powerful transforming weapon that can take the shape of one of four configurations for absolute battlefield control.

Arsenal Expertise
After using a Hero Spell, Garesen gains +25/50/75% attack speed for 3 seconds.

Garesen has 4 hero spells, rotating through the list below. There is an eight second cooldown before the next can be used. He carries the Greatsword by default and Valiant Charge will always be the first skill. Unlike most other heroes he can use his Hero Spells before the level is started, them having only a 2 second cooldown during this time, allowing the player to select whichever stance they want to start the level with.

Valiant Charge
Garesen equips the Polearm and begins charging to the targeted location at a highly accelerated speed, damaging and trampling enemies in his path, dealing 30/45/60/75 physical damage and stunning them for 0/0.25/0.5/0.75 seconds. If he traverses at least half of the map's diameter using this ability, the cooldown is instantly refreshed and he can use it once more before the cooldown for Energy Bomber begins.
-Polearm
The polearm has an attack speed of 2.5s, and unaltered damage. Every time it attacks it shoves the enemy back outside of his engagement range, causing Garesen to engage a different enemy if any are nearby, he always engages enemies facing a direction to push them back up the path, instead of even further down it. Has a general stabbing animation for attacks.

Energy Bomber
Equips the Arcane Cannon and instantly fires a barrage of 6 spaced-out shots in a line perpendicular from Garesen centred at the target location, each dealing 20-50/30-60/40-70/50-80 magic damage.
-Arcane Cannon
The Arcane Cannon has a long attack range, deals physical damage, attacks once every 3 seconds and deals damage in a small AoE around the target. In melee it's identical except it doesn't deal AoE damage. Attacks how you think a hand-cannon would, with visible recoil on every shot.

Force of Will
After switching to the Runed Staff, projects a moderately wide wall of energy in the direction of wherever the ability was cast from where Garesen is standing. It traverses the entire screen and pushes enemies very slightly/slightly/more/even more in the direction it is moving before passing through them.
-Runed Staff
The Runed Staff has a medium attack range, attacks at a speed of 1.5s, has 30% reduced damage, and can target flying enemies. In melee it attacks 50% faster. It fires light blue, fast-moving, spike-shaped bursts of magic, he's much more involved in the animation however, unlike most other mages, visibly swinging the staff like a bat.

The Pendulum
Performs a powerful arcing slash in the direction of wherever the ability was targeting, moving him slightly in that direction and damaging all grounded enemies in the arc for 10-30/20-50/30-70/40-90. He performs a second slash 1.5 seconds later, replicating the effects of the first attack.
-Greatsword
General melee weapon, doesn't alter his base stats whatsoever. While equipped and for 15 seconds after switching the weapon, Garesen gains High (70%) armour.
Last edited by Minuet on Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

Re: Minuet's Mystical Myriad of Heroes

by Juice Box » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:45 am

I've been bamboozled!! >~<
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Glb'll. :lol: Is that supposed to sound like Kill Bill? :lol:

So, his backstory has the classic "use comedy to avoid using logic approach." I'm fine with that, although, sadly, it's harder to imagine him being in the game because Ironhide never does that. :P

Replicate is quite clearly inspired by the almighty Durax's abiity to clone himself with Crystallites. ;) That's also fine with me, since Durax is great, plus, this skill functions differently. I like the permanence of the clones, since, when using Durax, I tend to let the one who is about to expire go into the middle of combat and get as much damage in before dying. With this hero, I always have to maintain the Glb'lls ( :lol: ) and keep them in good health if I don't want to wait for them to respawn. If I can see any problems with this, it's that they respawn so quickly that I can afford to be reckless and let them die, since I only need to wait 10 seconds for them to return. With a bunch of other clones anyways, they can keep the enemies under control in the meantime without problems, even at lower levels.

Wind Totem is really cool. It doesn't seem to have a duration, so I must ask: Is it permanent? Also, does the Glb'll ( :lol: ) holding the totem gain an increased amount of damage and a slower attack rate, since the totems are always about triple their size?
BBB

by Minuet » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:17 am

Updated with Garesan, the Armsmaster.
And also Minuet cause I forgot to announce that, haha.
Big Bad Bug wrote:Glb'll. :lol: Is that supposed to sound like Kill Bill? :lol:

A bit more like you were gargling the words.
So, his backstory has the classic "use comedy to avoid using logic approach." I'm fine with that, although, sadly, it's harder to imagine him being in the game because Ironhide never does that. :P

Oh well. :P
Replicate is quite clearly inspired by the almighty Durax's abiity to clone himself with Crystallites. ;) That's also fine with me, since Durax is great, plus, this skill functions differently. I like the permanence of the clones, since, when using Durax, I tend to let the one who is about to expire go into the middle of combat and get as much damage in before dying. With this hero, I always have to maintain the Glb'lls ( :lol: ) and keep them in good health if I don't want to wait for them to respawn. If I can see any problems with this, it's that they respawn so quickly that I can afford to be reckless and let them die, since I only need to wait 10 seconds for them to return. With a bunch of other clones anyways, they can keep the enemies under control in the meantime without problems, even at lower levels.

You know I actually never thought of that ability while making Replicate but now that you mention it it was probably subconsciously the highest inspiration.

The intention for the clones is that they are very expendable unless all of them die, in case he actually dies, and you have a point that they return too quickly, so I'll bump up the main hero respawn timer in case the player decides to play with fire in that way.
Wind Totem is really cool. It doesn't seem to have a duration, so I must ask: Is it permanent? Also, does the Glb'll ( :lol: ) holding the totem gain an increased amount of damage and a slower attack rate, since the totems are always about triple their size?

Thank you ^^, and yes it's permanent unless the one holding the totem dies, in that case it goes on cooldown until a random one of the living ones suddenly gains it. I do like the idea for the aesthetically different attack damage, I might add that, hue.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User