Frontierify/Originify Heroes!

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Frontierify/Originify Heroes!

by Juice Box » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Because I'm really bad at thinking of thread titles >~< .

Anyways, you all know about the Community Improves Heroes thread? This is basically similar to that, except what you do is, you take any hero you want from any game, then give it five abilities, one hero spell and one passive ability, possibly editing some of its other (preferably static stat boost) abilities in the process.

So essentially:

1. You can take a KR hero/a secondary hero and give it a bunch of other abilities plus a hero spell and a passive, or
2. You can take a KRF hero and give it a hero spell and a passive if it doesn't already have one, or
3. You can take a KRO hero and give it a fifth ability and a passive if it doesn't already have one.

As much as possible, please also do something about some heroes' crappy lame stat boost abilities, since nobody likes them in the same way nobody likes Ninja's grammar nonsense or Manijure's lack of a social life.

To be honest this thread probably won't do very well but Manijure and the others said they'll take a look at this and to be honest I just wanted to post stuff here so hey yo there you go.

Have some songs. And don't worry, it's not ravey/trap EDM like you scrubs normally dislike. It is actually quite chill this time ^-^ .
User

Re: Frontierify/Originify Heroes!

by The Kingmaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Why do they have to have passives? Many Origins heroes do perfectly well without passives. (Assuming you mean innate abilities instead of passive abilities)

I do have flashes of inspiration in this area sometimes, but often I focus them and use them in different ways. I considered doing this for Elora and am now ending up making her as a full hero in Origins. So I guess that counts? So I'll post her here when the others are done maybe.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:39 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Why do they have to have passives? Many Origins heroes do perfectly well without passives. (Assuming you mean innate abilities instead of passive abilities)

I do have flashes of inspiration in this area sometimes, but often I focus them and use them in different ways. I considered doing this for Elora and am now ending up making her as a full hero in Origins. So I guess that counts? So I'll post her here when the others are done maybe.

I think that, if she means innate, this thread is just to beef up heroes with as much stuff that they can do as possible. Like maintaining all of Dante's abilities but also giving him the innate capability to do [insert something here] as well as a hero spell to [insert something else here].
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 am

Passive abilities and innate abilities are two completely different things. She wouldn't have said "passive" if she didn't mean it.
:hero:
User

by Oof_Shunt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 am

Good idea for a thread!!!!! I've always liked the idea of the KR heroes being given abilities and hero spells.
User

by Minuet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:29 am

Ninja wrote:Passive abilities and innate abilities are two completely different things. She wouldn't have said "passive" if she didn't mean it.

She probably meant innate though, if you look at the context.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Juice Box » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am

Yes, innate! That's the word! Sorry my mind is too confuzzled right now >~< .

But yeah, basically make sure all heroes have one innate ability, five normal abilities (passive, active, trigger, whatever), then a Hero Spell. And by innate ability, I mean like Elora's auto-freeze or Denas's gold, that kind of thing.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:12 pm

*rubs hands together*

Sir Gerald the Paladin

Everything is the same.

Additional skills:

Holy Light (cooldown: 10 seconds)
Heals for 20-30%/40-60%/60-90% HP. Activates only when his HP is at 25% or below.

Shield Bash (cooldown: 10 seconds)
Bashes an enemy with the shield, stunning them for 1/2/3 seconds. Deals normal damage.

Holy Strike (cooldown: 10 seconds)
Strikes the ground and sends a shockwave that deals 35-55/70-110/105-165 true damage.

I'm just giving the Holy Order's skills to him, except the shield.
Last edited by GeminiSparkSP on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Minuet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:*rubs hands together*

Sir Gerald the Paladin

Everything is the same.

Additional skills:

Holy Light (cooldown: 10 seconds)
Heals for 20-30%/40-60%/60-90% HP. Activates only when his HP is at 25% or below.

Shield Bash (cooldown: 10 seconds)
Bashes an enemy with the shield, stunning them for 1/2/3 seconds. Deals normal damage.

Holy Strike (cooldown: 15 seconds)
Strikes the ground and sends a shockwave that deals 35-55/70-110/105-165 true damage.

I'm just giving the Holy Order's skills to him, except the shield.

Bash and Holy Light are fine, Holy Strike's cooldown should be reduced by at least 5 seconds.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Fixed.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Time to make heroes ludicruously OP!

Elora Wintersong

Ice Goddess

Innate: Every attack has a 20% (It says 33% but it does not feel like that to me) to freeze enemies.

Permafrost: 8s

Slows down enemies by 50% in a small/moderate/immense area for 4 seconds.

Ice Storm: 12s

Summons 3/5/7 ice spikes dealing 20 True Damage each in an area.

Absolute Zero: 20s

Throws an orb of cold into the ground, slowly spreading across the path for 4/5/6 seconds, freezing enemies inside of it.

- Enemies in the center of the explosion will be frozen the longest. All enemies thaw out at the same time.

Impale: 15s

Shoots a massive spear of ice through an enemy for 50/75/100 True Damage and freezing it for 3/4/5 seconds. Other enemies that walk near it will become stuck on the spear, taking the same damage and becoming frozen, adding an additional second to the freeze duration.

Mobile Winter: Passive

Towers that are near Elora for 5 seconds gain a passive aura of cold in their range. Each second, there is an individual 5/10/15% chance for each enemy to be frozen for 2 seconds.

Song of Ice: 30s

Wintersong inflicts an area with a 10/20/30/40% chance of being frozen for 4 seconds. They and any other frozen enemies can be tapped 8 times to be instantly shattered regardless of health.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Hahahahaha I would post my Elora because I feel like she could beat yours in a fight, but
1: I'm away, on my phone without the word document
2: I kinda want to save her for when the other elementalists are ready
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I remade Elora for Chronicals a few months ago. Sorry it looks like I'm copying B3, but I'm not. It's just coincidence that he picked the same hero.

Elora the Sorceress

Cost: $2.99

A sorceress from a distant land who commands ice and cold. The cold may have slowed her ageing, but it has done nothing to dampen her merciless will. Though good natured, she will freeze and shatter all those who cross her.

Permafrost (Active) CD 8s
Freezes the path under nearby enemies slowing them by 50%. Each upgrade increase the distance of the freeze by 20/20%

Ice Storm (Active) CD 10s
Calls forth 3/5/8 sharp icicles that shower down over opponents dealing 20-30/25-35/30-40 damage each

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? (Active)
Elora summons a unit out of snow, a yeti-like snowman that engages enemies with an AoE attack.

HP: 500/600/700
Attack: 40-60/50-70/60-80
Armour: None/Low/Low

Ice Slide (Passive)
When Elora moves she does so on a wave of ice and snow. When she does, she leaves a low haze on the path that remains for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds. Any enemy that is caught under it or moves into it has their defence reduces by 20/30/40% for 3 seconds.

HS: Avalanche (Active)
A huge lump of snow lands on the path, burying enemies under it. It causes 13/15/20/25 damage per second for the 3/5/7/9 seconds it remains on the map. Normal enemies will be trapped under the snow, whereas mini bosses will be slowed by 75% and bosses by 50%.

Lv____HP____Melee___Magic___Armour___Re-spawn
1_____300___1-2_____15-40____Low_______15s
2_____320___2-4_____17-45____Low_______15s
3_____340___4-6_____19-52____Low_______15s
4_____360___6-8_____21-59____Low_______15s
5_____380___8-11____24-68____Low_______15s
6_____400___10-13___27-77____Low_______15s
7_____420___12-16___30-88____Medium____15s
8_____440___14-19___33-99____Medium____15s
9_____460___16-22___36-109___Medium____15s
10____480___18-25___39-120___Medium____15s

All of Elora's magic attacks have a 30% chance of freezing enemies for 2 seconds.

"Winter is coming."
"The cold never bothered me anyway."
"Ice, ice baby"
"It's chilling time!"
"Cool!"
"Ice to see you!"
(death) "Nooo!"
(death) "I'm melting! What a world!"
Yes it's me

by Juice Box » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Actually just finished up a little right after Gemini posted his new Gerald hero. Be warned, however: my Gerald isn't that nice, is incredibly imbalanced/OP, and was only meant to be an example for others, but lol whatever here you go:

Gerald Lightseeker

Stats for Nerds:
Health: 580
Damage: 24-40
Armor: High (80%)
Speed: Slow

Blessed Fervor: (Innate, Trigger) For every 30 seconds Gerald spends in combat, gain a stack of Blessed Fervor. Each stack permanently increases Gerald's attack by 1 and health by 10, glowing more intensely the more stacks there are.

Shield of Retribution: (Trigger) Gerald has a 20%/30%/40% chance to take no damage from an attack and return that damage back to its attacker. +1% chance for every stack of Blessed Fervor.

Courage: (Passive) Gerald automatically buffs all nearby friendly units within a range around him, giving them an additional 2/4/6 damage and +5 health for each stack of Blessed Fervor. Passive.

Beatification: (Trigger, Active) Gerald chooses the body of a fallen friendly unit, and it transforms into a mighty Fallen Angel, dealing 24-28/32-36/40-44 true damage to all nearby enemies around it upon summon. After 6 seconds, the Fallen Angel leaves its host and the unit returns to the battlefield fully resurrected. Cooldown: 28 seconds after cast.

Fallen Angel
Health: 340
Damage: 24-32 true
Armor: Low (30%)
Speed: Fast
**Resurrection: (Trigger) Whenever the Fallen Angel dies, revive it with full health.
**Immolation: (Active) Slash forward, dealing double true damage to your target and all nearby enemies behind it in a small cone. Cooldown: 6 seconds.

Divine Intervention: (Active) Gerald becomes invulnerable to all forms of damage and cannot be instakilled for 4/5/6 seconds. In this phase, Gerald cannot cast any other abilities except for Sword of the Righteous. Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Sword of the Righteous: (Active) A holy attack that deals 48-72/60-84/72-96 true damage. Can only be cast when Divine Intervention is active. +2 true damage for each stack of Blessed Fervor. Cooldown: 3 seconds.

Trinity Mandate: (Passive) Gerald automatically has 1/1/2 High Paladins who will fight beside him until their death. Respawn time: 15 seconds. Active until Gerald dies.

High Paladin
Health: 300
Damage: 18-26
Armor: High (70%)
Speed: Slow
**Healing Light: (Active) Heal the High Paladin by 50-70/100-140/150-210 health. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
**Shield of Retribution: (Trigger) The High Paladin has a 10%/20%/30% chance to take no damage from an attack.
**Holy Strike: (Active) Strike an area around the High Paladin, dealing 30-50/60-100/90-150 true damage in an area of effect.

Holy Consecration: (Hero Spell) Turn an area into Holy Ground for 4/5/6 seconds. Enemy units inside it instantly take 32/44/56 true damage and take 8/12/16 true damage every second. Friendly units inside it are restored 32/44/56 health and receive 8/12/16 health regeneration every second. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
User

by Sinque2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 am

I was about to do Elora too, so here is my take on the character.

Elora Wintersong

Stats: (Level 10)
Health: 350
Magic Ranged Attack: 20-30
Attack Speed: Slow
Movement Speed: Fast (icy mount thing)

Abilities:

Cold: Passive
Cold reduces the movement speed of an opponent by 5% for every stack of Cold on them. At ten stacks, freeze an enemy for 2/3/4 seconds and remove all cold stacks. While frozen, enemies cannot receive cold stacks. When Elora basic attacks a frozen enemy, she gains armor equal to 3% of her health, stacking up to 100, and losing one stack every two seconds.

Permafrost: Cooldown 8 Seconds
Slow all enemies in an area for 20%/40%/60% for 3 seconds. Add 2/2/3 Cold stacks to each opponent for every second they are on cold.

Ice Storm: Cooldown 10 Seconds
3/5/8 icicles come from the sky each dealing 30 damage in a small area around the icicle. Each adds 1 cold stack to an enemy they hit.

Ice Wall: Cooldown 15 Seconds
Summon an ice wall with 1000 health that blocks off a path for 3/5/8 seconds. Enemies that attack the wall gain 1/2/2 cold stack for every two hits against the wall.

Blizzard: Heroic Ability Cooldown 60 Seconds
In an large area, deal 30/45/60 damage per second, reduce enemies movement speed by 50 % and add 1 stack of cold per seconds for 4/6/8 seconds.
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 am

Oni the Blazing Destroyer of Evil

His stats stay the same.

Abilities:

Innate: Oni is immune to Infernal Combustion.

Death Strike (Active Ability) (CD: 10s):

Oni channels the the ancient, devastating might of the gods to obliterate (basically) any foe with a single strike.

• Deals 150/200/250-300/400/500 True Damage to the opponent
  • 15/20/25% chance to instakill

Sword Torment (Active Ability) (CD: 10s [I don't actually know this; I'm just taking a guess at the CD])

Oni summons the swords of those who have fallen to evil warriors from this world and the next.

• Deals 25/75/100-150/200/250 True Damage
  • Wide AoE

Blazing Banzai (Passive Reactive Ability)

When faced with a seemingly insurmountable threat, Oni goes into a flaming rage and scorches his foes into the ground.

• When Oni reaches 15/25/35% HP, he lights up with a raging burgundy flame, which burns enemies in a very wide AoE around him. This flame deals 10/20/30 True DPS.
  • His attack speed is halved, and his movement speed is increased to being 1.5/1.75/2x as fast as normal.
  • Effects last until death or regeneration past 35% HP

Strong Beyond Strong (Active Ability) (CD: 33s)

Oni crushes evil with his mighty burning iron club, which increases his power to unimaginable heights.

• Animation: Oni places his katana in their scabbards in a fluid movement. A club then forms out of fire, which he wields in a two-handed fashion.
  • Oni's attack speed is decreased to 3 seconds, but the attack speed buff of Blazing Banzai will still apply. His movement speed is also decreased to slow, but BB's movement speed buff will apply here as well.
  • Oni's attacks now deal 80/90/100-100/110/120 True AoE damage. Bursts of fire explode off of the club to damage nearby enemies whenever Oni attacks.
  • This state lasts for 12/15/18s. The CD starts after the effect wears off.

Super Seppuku (Passive Reactive Ability)

Oni dies an honorable death by seppuku ... and explodes in a blaze of glory in the process.

• Upon death (and after seppuku is performed), Oni explodes in a fiery explosion that deals 400/600/800 True Damage in an AoE which is the size of your mom Sword Torment times 3.

Hero Spell: The Yawning Chasm Of Unquenchable Fire (CD: 120/110/100s)

A huge chasm splits the ground, opening a massive portal to Pandaemonium, the dreaded plane of fire that all evildoers will be banished to by the gods. The screen rocks as the huge hole splits the ground with a roaring noise.

• Any enemy that falls into the YCOUF is instantly killed (technically, they're eternally tormented, but that isn't relevant gameplay-wise). The YCOUF spans a large area, reaching 18 meters in length (assuming that a Bloodshell is 3.5 meters tall) and 5 meters at its widest point (2 meters at its thinnest).
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:hero:
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:29 pm

*cracks knuckles*

Bolin the Engineer

Everything is the same

Additional skills:

Cluster Grenade (active, cooldown: 15 seconds)
Throws a grenade that explodes into 2/4/6 more grenades, each dealing 40-60 damage.

Flame Rounds (passive)
Each of Bolin's ranged attack has a 22/44/66% chance of burning enemies. Burning enemies can ignite the Tar Bomb, canceling its slow effect in favor of area burn.

Dragon Bazooka (active, cooldown: 15 seconds)
Brings up a bazooka that fires a homing missile that deals 64/128/256 damage.

Again, just like Gerald, I'm giving the Big Bertha's skills to him.
User