El-Patrick the mechanical menace

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

by Magnus0 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Appearance
El-Patrick is a robot. He is quite thin and tall, like a human, but he is still sturdy due to being made of top-quality metal. The metal is coated in a brisk blue color. El-Patrick doesn't have legs, he uses a singular wide tire instead to move around. There are two side-wheels next to the big tire for stability. El-Patrick right arm has a cutting edge and is thus used for the majority of his combat skills. EP was built and programmed by Wilbur, and he is one of Wilbur's most valuable inventions. Like Wilbur, El-Patrick has a striking moustache, though made out of metal. The source of EP's power is a rechargeable core in the middle of his body.

Stats
HP: 500
heal rate: 25
damage: 20-40 physical damage (+ 50% of energy as magical lightning damage)
attack speed: average
armor: medium
speed: varies (starts out slow, but becomes faster and faster over 5 seconds with a maximum speed of 'fast')
respawn: 20s

passive: EP's damage is based on the amount of energy he has. He gains 1 energy for every 2 seconds of being in combat, 1 energy every time he lands an attack and 1 energy every time he kills an enemy himself. After not attacking for 5 seconds, he starts losing 3 energy per second. If you move EP while his energy starts to decay, you can preserve his energy for an additional 5 seconds. He starts out with a maximum of 25 energy.

when EP dies, he goes into a reboot session. during this time, all the energy he had before dying will be released through a static field around his body over his 20 second reboot session. The static field deals 20% of the total energy EP had before dying as dps in the area around his body.

Skills
1. improved core (passive): increase the maximum amount of energy EP can have to 50/75/100.

2. passing light (passive): every time EP lands an attack, there is a 20/40/40% chance that the magical part of the attack passes over to up to 1/1/2 nearby enemies. The animation is very similar to Thor's Mjolnir skill.

3. recharge (passive): EP heals for 1/2/3% of his maximum health every time an enemy dies near him. If EP kills the enemy himself, he heals double the amount.

4. death all-around (15s): EP stretches his arm and twirls around in a perfect circle. This deals 100%/115%.130% of attack damage to all enemies in a large area around him. The cooldown of this skill decreases by one second for each enemy that gets killed by it (enemies that get killed by a passing light proc are included). Both passing light and recharge can apply to this skill, as well as EP's passive, meaning that EP gains 1 energy for every enemy hit.

hero spell. selfdestruct (100s): EP gains a burst of movement speed for 3 seconds before exploding in a massive area, dealing a flat 150/300/450/600 damage. Deals 15/30/45/60 bonus damage for every 100 current HP of an enemy starting from 300 HP. After the explosion, El-Patrick goes into a reboot session.

There are very few bulky magical attacking heroes, so that was the main concept.

- improved core is the boring passive that is kinda needed to not make EP's passive OP.
- passing light is for minor crowd control and extra damage.
- recharge is needed to keep EP healthy, because he can't really heal well without keeping his energy up. And obviously, keeping his energy up is very important because most of his damage is dependent on it.
- death all-around helps EP to gain energy faster. With more energy, the skill will deal more damage, thus having a higher chance to kill an enemy which in turn reduces the cooldown. So with good micromanaging, you can create kind of a snowball effect.
- the hero spell is an all-out last resort kind of skill that deals massive damage to a lot of enemies. It is especially strong against enemies with much more than 300 health, and the static field's dps can clean up surviving enemies provided that you kept EP's energy up beforehand.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: El-Patrick the mechanical menace

by Ruby_Hex » Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 pm

I like the idea of him being a robot, having a metal mustache and gaining speed over time. He seems well-done, stat-wise, but I'm not the best at that, so I can't be sure... Anyways, keep up the good work!
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane