Xyzz, Frog Swordmaster

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Xyzz, Frog Swordmaster

by PitNata » Tue May 30, 2017 4:08 am

NAME: Xyzz
APPEARANCE: Blue Armor, Blue Cape, Two Handed Sword.
BIO: None

HP:300/500
DMG:30-30/60-60
AS:Medium
MS:Fast
ARMOR:low/medium

PASSIVE TRAIT: can cause x2 critical strike. 10% chance, which deals true damage, stuns a target for 2 seconds

Now for skills

Frog's Tongue Cut: Xyzz Tongue pulls the target, dealing 2/4/6 True Dot, and then attacking with a massive blow, which deals 240/350/500 True Damage. Range of Tongue is long (about 20 meters). Cooldown: 25 Seconds.

Frog's Skill: Xyzz is the master of the Swordplay, increasing his Ability to CS an unit up to 2.5/3.0/4.0x Damage and also increasing chance for: 5+%/10+%/15+%.

Frog, No Toad: Turns Xyzz into a berseker, which make him all stats increased by 5/10/20% but loses controlling him for 15/10/5 seconds. Lasts:15 Cooldown:23 Note: Affects Spells, as they are also cannot be casted. However, Trait remains to be active, Passive are also in effect. Player may move Xyzz, but the skill will be disrupted.

I'm just a frog: Enemies may take pity on fighting Xyzz, 5/10/15%, which they will not attacking him for 3/6/10 seconds.

Emerge from Everwater: Water Creatures (Fishes/Crabs/Sharks) 4/5/6 take away attention to Xyzz and his allies, forcing to fight them for 3/6/9 seconds. Cooldown: 60 Fishes: 60hp Crabs: 80hp Sharks:200hp
Last edited by PitNata on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

Re: Xyzz, Frog Swordmaster

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

What a unique idea for a hero. I never would have imagined a frog as a hero in the series, but, knowing Ironhide, it's entirely possible. :)

His passive trait is pretty extreme! :shock: It takes an entire skill slot for Kahz to deal quadruple true damage with his attacks, and while this has half the chance to occur and deals double rather than quadruple damage, the 2-second stun evens it out, making the critical hit mechanic a very powerful innate trait.

Frog's Tongue Cut raises a few questions for me. It deals 6 damage over time, right? But... over what time? How long does it take to pull in enemies? Nonetheless, I like how heavy-hitting this attack is. I feel like lots of high-damage skills likes Grievous Bites or Mighty just aren't that impressive, so this skill, especially for the weak defensive stats of this hero, is very satisfying. ;)

Frog's Skill essentially matches the innate trait of the hero to that of Kahz' Blood Axe passive. It's just stronger now! I like the risk of sending this very fragile hero into melee to attempt to deal powerful critical damage, and with a stun chance to allow him to fight for a bit without being damaged back, given that there aren't other enemies with ranged attacks nearby.

What the heck is Frog, No Toad!?!? This such an extreme skill, taking away control from the player for 15 whole seconds!?! It's a really cool idea to make a berserker-type hero, but it seems like it's thrown in without really realizing what it entails. An entire hero could be made around this idea, because it really means a lot to have the hero become independent, especially for so long. Even Vez'nan's soul absorption skill, which only leaves him in an animation for about a second, can be fatal. 15 seconds in this game, especially in Origins and even moreso for a frail hero such as this one, is way too much without anything additional to make it work. It's still a cool idea, though, just in need of lots of improvements, or to be replaced and saved for another time where it can be used better.

"I'm Just a Frog." :lol: The name goes well with the previoue skill, "Frog, No Toad." :D How is the 15% of enemies chosen? What if there's only 1 enemy? Even if there are 3 enemies, 15% of that is 0.45, so it doesn't even round up to 1 enemy. Also, if they don't attack him, does that mean he can't go into melee combat with them? It's a cool skill, though, since I can see this combining with his berserker rage and allowing him to attack enemies with less risk of being damaged, though the low chance and long duration result in not being that helpful from what I visualize, since he will still take an average of 85% of damage, which can still easily kill him in those 10 seconds, especially during the 15 seconds out of the player's control.

I like the hero spell. It's not very intense or dramatic like some are, but it has a good purpose: distracting enemy fire. Again, this could go well with Fron, No Toad, as it keeps him safe, but it unfortunately also makes I'm Just a Frog useless, since 100% of enemies are going to ignore him for the fish, making the 15% chance to ignore him have no impact. It has good utility, though, so maybe the other power can be changed a bit to improve the way all of his powers come together.

The way I see this hero as a whole, he's got very nicely-chosen numbers for his stats and ability damage. The only thing I dislike is how the abilities all come together and get in the way of each other. Some skills in heroes work really well together; Lynn uses a weakening AOE that has the same cooldown as her Hexfury attack, and it increases the damage of that skill as well. Xyzz will use a skill to keep himself safe from enemies to a small extent, then go out of control from the player, has a base attack resulting in stunning enemies with critical hits to avoid damage, with a hero spell that distracts enemies so they don't attack him. They all serve the same purpose, but rather than make him really good at fulfilling that role, they don't make an impact if another one is already in effect, so the skills get wasted. I hope you understand what I mean by all of this. I really like the idea od this glass cannon, dealing really good damage and using stuns to be able to sneak into battle without suffering damage in retalition, but the doesn't come to fruition as much as it could, and gets contradicted by not being able to control him for such a long time, grealy risking the chance of death unless you use the hero spell, which nullifies his stun passive and the effects of I'm Just a Frog.
BBB

by PitNata » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Oh, thank you for your reply, i wondered when i would likely get it on this hero for a week or two. You made me happy :)

Tongue Cut deals damage everytime 0.3 seconds passed, while being pulled on. It's an improvement, so to actually add insane damage, as this would likely help him bringing down big enemies, Such as the Golems.

I thought of what you said about improvement, and i would likely want to remove control taking part, or reduce the time in-between when you can't control Xyzz. I want to fix this spell to be mostly dependent on Player's choice; He can choose to move him, but he will dispel the Frog, No Toad, or just let it do the work.

I'm Just a Frog is used on enemies who attack Xyzz themselves, which is not matter of what type of attack is, being either Melee or Ranged. Also they may still move, however they cannot attack, but they still can be blocked down.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 am

What is this, Chrono Trigger?

That aside, nice.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by PitNata » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:What is this, Chrono Trigger?

That aside, nice.

Yep, that one is based from Chrono Trigger game, which was released in 1995 for SNES. I see you got me, good job.
User