Why have I made this

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Why have I made this

by AerisDraco » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Inspired by a discussion in the hated Discord even though it's a completely different medium of discussion and the forums would be dead anyway

Anon, the Forumer

Appearance:

A regular old guy with a laptop.

Stats:
HP: 100 (+10) {190}
Melee: 1-3 (+1,+1) {10-12} [Smacks an enemy]
Ranged: 10-20 (+1,+2) {19-38} [Fires a beam of characters which deals more damage over time; the damage is dealt every half second]
Movement Rate: Slow, because he's out of shape and the laptop's heavy
Respawn: 1 second

Skills:

TL;DR (1/1/1) (CD: 10 seconds)
Enemies don't read Anon's full posts, which makes him mad, increasing his attack speed by 100%/200%/300%. Lasts for 4 seconds.

Text Wall (3/2/2) (Cooldown: 30/26/22 seconds)
Creates an impenetrable wall of text across a lane. Stops all enemies from passing; lasts for 4 seconds, longer if Anon is targeting an enemy through the wall.

Formatting Issues (2/1/1) (Cooldown: 25 seconds)
Anon experiences formatting issues, randomly inflicting all types of status (poison, teleportation, wards, sleep, timelapse, etc.) to all nearby enemies for 3/4/5 seconds.

Flame War (3/2/2) (Cooldown: 35 seconds)
Starts a flame war with an enemy. Each attack from Anon deals 4%/8%/12% of the enemy's health during this time. Nearby enemies are slowed by 75% while this effect is active, and burned if their side loses the flame war.

Grammar Nazi (5/5/5) (Cooldown: 65 seconds)
Goes full on Grammar Nazi, inflicting the "rule violation" status on any enemies in the (fairly wide) AoE of the effect.
The "rule violation" status inflicts a 25% slow and 30% damage reduction, and can stack up to 3 times.
If an enemy has 3 stacks of "rule violation" they immediately die.

Playstyle and Tips:
I'm not making tips for a practical joke.

Quotes
Ditto above.

Remember, this is in no way balanced, and there's no real need to review it.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

Re: Why have I made this

by The Kingmaker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm giving you a very serious review for this most incredibly serious hero:

Stats are fine with the respawn (re the discussion on revivial focused heroes) I don't understand the increasing damage of the ranged attack and it doesn't compliment his revival-glass cannon style.

All the abilities increase with time, which is... an interesting choice considering his health is thinner than the veneer of composure and intelligence he puts across in his online posts.
Regardless this could be quite a good and amusing version of the "repeat death" hero we'd talked about, if his abilities caused single effects (just plain damage, just afflicting a random text error somewhere) and refreshed with each death, he'd be basically the hero we were brainstorming. Perhaps a way to kill him more permanently, changing the Hero Spell, with the Grammamr Naziness caused by his anger at dying repeatedly and being induced in that way.

I know you don't want serious but it's here. The hero is funny and made me laugh - it could be more if you'd like, I think.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Re: Why have I made this

by Sinque Productions » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm

This is greatest idea for a hero I have ever seen.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User